Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:33:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: in search of...  (Read 819 times)
dracolumina (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:50:36 PM

I am in search of getting my coin back running on a pool.  the game that I am developing that uses it is almost ready to go live and I need the wallet to be moving (its 17 weeks behind right now)  I had it set up (and payed) altcoin.center to get a pool set up but it has not happened yet so I am looking for a cheap alternative for a temporary pool.  Once I can get it on a pool and perhaps an exchange I plan on re-announcing the game when it goes live.  the game when it goes live will be using the coin as a payout and I will have to purchase some of these coins from other miners and I am planning on buying then at around 1 usd each (if everything works as I plan it to).  Any info of where I can get a pool set up for cheap/free for a short period?
dracolumina (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:49:53 PM

no one..
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:52:53 PM

no one..

to be entirely honest, I don't really understand what you are asking...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
dracolumina (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:38:15 PM

looking for a place to host a pool for my coin.  preferably low cost as the one I payed for has not happened yet
profall

Activity: 298

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:40:38 PM

You could setup your own pool:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1046451.0

dracolumina (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:53:07 PM

thought about that, got to find a place to host it first.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 03:05:44 PM

thought about that, got to find a place to host it first.

actually, you are just interesting in a hosting solution (pool or not), up to you to deploy your pool ?
ask a pool manager (ocminer for eg), may-be they can do the hosting for you (which will happen eventually the day you launch your coin...
unless you refuse to open source your code and/or you have big fishy hidden premine...)

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
dracolumina (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:21:09 PM

I had launched the coin before and have the source on gethup.  Other people has mined but I was in the process of moving and my development got put on hold and I am trying to revive it so I can finish up the website game I am working on.
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:24:28 PM

Is this a Scrypt coin?

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 08:42:22 PM

I had launched the coin before and have the source on gethup.  Other people has mined but I was in the process of moving and my development got put on hold and I am trying to revive it so I can finish up the website game I am working on.
makes me wonder why people launch a coin when they are in the process of moving... kinda stupid in the first place...
(just curious for how many time have you let your coin die ?)
still don't see the relationship with a pool... if you want your coin added to a pool contact a pool manager (and first try to advertise your coin so
that people get back to your coin...

djm34 facebook page
dracolumina (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:57:17 PM

The relationship with a pool is, it needs a pool (or someone solo mining) so that the block starts moving.  The move was unexpected as I lost my job after I had started the release of the coin.  That is really the only time it has died.  I did have it on an exchange, but well betasharex seems to have gone belly up.  And I was hoping to have a pool up and the blockchain moving so that I could put that in there once I start advertising a whole lot.
Grout

Activity: 139

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:37:06 PM

The relationship with a pool is, it needs a pool (or someone solo mining) so that the block starts moving.  The move was unexpected as I lost my job after I had started the release of the coin.  That is really the only time it has died.  I did have it on an exchange, but well betasharex seems to have gone belly up.  And I was hoping to have a pool up and the blockchain moving so that I could put that in there once I start advertising a whole lot.

Well, anyone can solo-mine your coin. But you'll have to provide more informations: like wallet, miner, algorithm, etc...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: