Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:44:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I invest?  (Read 30682 times)
qwerty881122 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:00:59 PM

Hi guys! Grin
I saved some money in the last year, now I'm looking for some opportunity in this kind of market to invest my money. Is it better buy altcoins or bitcoin? maybe mining? I'm just a bit confused, but determinate!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:06:08 PM

go for bitcoin, altcoin are even more of a gamble right now, and they have a big chance to die upon birth, for mining i would say to let it go for now, there isn't much to gain there
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:51:03 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 08:47:36 PM by pedrog

Buy bitcoin, it's the safest bet, if you want to gamble a little buy also litecoin, something like 80% bitcoin, 20% litecoin.

Don't go around buying every shitcoin that promises huge gains, usually people get burned with that.

Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:02:46 PM

While some national governments negatively deem crypto ‘surrogate money’, other equal it to a financial asset which, just like cash or any other foreign money, can be traded and/or converted into national currency.

My advice to you is to buy BTC and either hold it hoping for its price to rise, or trade it while aiming at multiplying BTC.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:10:30 PM

Invest in something you know about. Bitcoin is new to you. Do not invest all your money into bitcoin, only what you can loose.

Regarding bitcoin and other alts, always choose bitcoin of you are a newbie. Altcoins are only worth investing in if you know about cryptos, what features are valuable and what is not, and most importantly, when to dump before everyone else see it coming.
BiTJack

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:23:18 PM

But bitcoins and hold for the longest you can, mining is not worth it these days unless you have terahashes of power.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 07:27:02 PM

Invest in something you know about. Bitcoin is new to you. Do not invest all your money into bitcoin, only what you can loose.

Regarding bitcoin and other alts, always choose bitcoin of you are a newbie. Altcoins are only worth investing in if you know about cryptos, what features are valuable and what is not, and most importantly, when to dump before everyone else see it coming.

As pointed here, the most important part of investing is understanding what you're going into.

I strongly suggest you learn basics of investing and Bitcoin before taking action.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:45:08 PM

Hi guys! Grin
I saved some money in the last year, now I'm looking for some opportunity in this kind of market to invest my money. Is it better buy altcoins or bitcoin? maybe mining? I'm just a bit confused, but determinate!

Forget about altcoins. Do some research about Bitcoin first, if you think it has potential, buy your first whole Bitcoin and hold it firmly.
Vitamin King

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:21:37 PM

Hi guys! Grin

Just like u, I was a newbie last year and was in the same situation as of u. U may check my thread how I invested my little money and made ROI...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=852857.0

Not your Keys = Not your Coin | No Risk = No Gain
L

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:23:34 PM

Buy bitcoin and hold it!

Don't invest in "investment websites", don't invest in altcoins, don't invest in IPOs or ICOs, and don't invest in mining or cloud mining.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:25:16 PM

Hi guys! Grin

Just like u, I was a newbie last year and was in the same situation as of u. U may check my thread how I invested my little money and made ROI...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=852857.0

Dont mess with cloud mining. Buy and sell bitcoins and altcoins. But dont mess with any ponzi, gamble etc.
resUnioC

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:33:30 PM

As pointed here, the most important part of investing is understanding what you're going into.

I strongly suggest you learn basics of investing and Bitcoin before taking action.

The best both answers here. Never invest in something that you not know or don't understand.
Lboss

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:51:10 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 10:02:12 PM by Lboss

Hi guys! Grin

Since you are new, I agree with above posters about buying bitcoin and holding it at FIRST.

-Buy bitcoin and hold it until you are comfortable with cryptocurrencies.
-Then watch the altcoin market
-Try to understand the dynamics of it
-Observe pump&dump scenes
-Observe new altcoins and its FUDs and 99.9% dumps
-Get a general concept about the altcoin trading

-When you accomplished all above steps, you can reserve at most %10 to altcoins.
-Trade with altcoins and be very cautious, select only good altcoins (this seems very subjective but its not too much. However, it takes too much time to explain it)
-You can both lose and profit very high amounts bitcoins.
-If you are successfull with altcoin trading , you can SLOWLY increase your altcoin investment. And maximum rate -I think- 50 % of your total bitcoins. If youre not successul, dont try to much. Just forget about your little loss and continue to stick with Bitcoin.
-Dont forget the golden rule: BUY at cheap and wait enough to sell at higher price.
And final question comes, how do you understand or determine the price is cheap?
Well , magic is there, if you can do this very successfully , then youre rich Grin

To sum up, If you dont know Bitcoin, buying and waiting long enough is nest best option. However , when you feel comfortable , altcoin trading offers very good profit options with including risks. And even you are comfortable with Bitcoin, try all above steps before trading altcoins, otherwise, youre gonna lose most probably.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:59:04 PM

One thing no one has asked is what country are you from?  This is going something that will make a big difference where you should buy BTC from.  Different countries have different exchanges/places to buy.

Also I would agree with some holding straight BTC is the easiest.   Going into alt coins it get's much more complicated, and you need to do much more research.
josephno1

Activity: 140

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:09:05 PM

I highly just recommend investing in bitcoins. You can then lend your bitcoins out to people on btcjam.com

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:39:25 PM

I highly just recommend investing in bitcoins. You can then lend your bitcoins out to people on btcjam.com

that's not a good advice. btcjam is full of scammers. getting yourself verified doesn't mean anything there. best is to just buy yourself bitcoins and keep it in your wallet.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:56:34 PM

that's not a good advice. btcjam is full of scammers. getting yourself verified doesn't mean anything there. best is to just buy yourself bitcoins and keep it in your wallet.

+1

Be very very careful about BTC Jam. There are certain services in Bitcoin world which attract customers by huge ad spending and then provide no service at all. BTC Jam is one of them.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:17:02 AM

for the moment I prefer altcoin, because there is never a death and always appeared new, but remain vigilant when choosing coin.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 09:09:06 AM

Your safest bet is Bitcoin, as safe goes in crypto of course. Altcoins are certainly tempting because any one of them could suddenly take off and if you bought in early then you could end up with very nice money. The risks are very high though. The best way to invest in altcoins IMO is to only use spare BTC you have lying around, buy the coins you want and then forget about them completely. If further down the line, say in a year or so, they turn out big, then while you won't be a rich man, you'd still have made some nice profits.
This year is looking like it might be a good year for BTC, price has been holding steady. As a matter of fact, we're going up atm, we're at $246  Cool
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:07:09 AM

Hi guys! Grin

This is a probability game like the stock market.  
What risk do you want to take and how much are you willing to lose/gain ?

Bitcoin is the most stable,  +2.57 % in the last 24 hours.    

Altcoins have a bigger swing in the price:
Vericoin in the last 24 hours: +32.30 %.
Fuelcoin in the last 24 hours:+24.48 %
Ethercoin in the last 24 hours: -25.61 %
but investing in altcoins is a big risk. In one day you can lose 25% or gain 25% of your investment.

Mining may be profitable. There are mining calculators and I would suggest taking a look at them before investing in any mining hardware.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: