Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:09:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Threatening to violate US law? Evading Iranian sanctions?  (Read 937 times)
Coincomm (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 02:13:32 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104340.0

We're asking for a world of hurt with this if it leads to people actually aiding Iranians in evading US sanctions.

I think economic sanctions are pretty shitty myself but I would prefer Bitcointalk to stay online.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13088

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 02:36:01 AM

I'm not going to worry about following ridiculous laws like that. The forum isn't based in the US, anyway.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 03:19:20 AM

I'm not going to worry about following ridiculous laws like that. The forum isn't based in the US, anyway.

+1. There's plenty of users who're not based in the US, thus not going under US jurisdictions anyway.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 05:18:38 AM

Buried Keys is open for anyone to play. The prize money is buried in the blockchain and the keys exits whenever someone discovers them. There is no actual money on my website, nor do I transfer any money across borders. The money is just sitting out there on the Internet waiting to be found. I ask that people from countries where it is wrong to win money this way to not participate, but since I do not have the money, I have no control as to who takes it. I consider it salvage in international virtual waters waiting for any pirate to take it.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: