Bitcoin Forum
December 02, 2016, 10:22:09 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem Generating BC  (Read 1117 times)
hachacha

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2010, 08:27:29 PM

Ok well I've read the FAQ and understand that with the average modern PC it could take about 3 weeks to generate 50BC (at least that is how I understood what I read). I have a decent PC, nothing great. Anyways I've been running bitcoin since July 12. Within 1 day I generated 50BC. Now ever since then it hasn't generated any BC for me. It appears to be working fine, the usual X number of khash/s, says its Generating, 8 connections, 79933 blocks and counting, and 6 transactions. I can send and receive BC with no problems. So my question is, why have I not generated any BC since July 13? Am I just being impatient or what? Did the rate of BC generation change? Am I doing something wrong? I didn't really change any computer habits, so whats the deal?
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Feeling generous? Please Help Fund Non-Profit Botanical Research By Donating Bitcoins to 16mcyzsriNoPtfA4QrpTphxiW2KTmxQKfd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Insti

Activity: 294

Firstbits: 1duzy

View Profile
September 15, 2010, 10:07:49 PM

If you have not upgraded to > 0.3.9 you will not be able to generate any blocks the rest of the network will accept.
LZ
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Satoshi everywhere!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2010, 12:11:55 AM

Difficulty increases (link) - now it is not so easy to generate.
And also you should check that your port 8333 is open (link).

"Never invest unless you can afford to lose your entire investment." © S3052
hachacha

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2010, 01:06:53 AM

Oops, looks like I wasn't running the latest version. Thanks.

Feeling generous? Please Help Fund Non-Profit Botanical Research By Donating Bitcoins to 16mcyzsriNoPtfA4QrpTphxiW2KTmxQKfd
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.