Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: about cloudmining.website  (Read 4662 times)
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:02:26 PM

Hedgy is providing freshly mined coins on behalf of Megabigpower, one of the few legit/trustworthy companies in the world of bitcoin mining. They had a bitcoin IPO for a 100TH/s farm and were one of the only bitcoin securities that managed to pay back IPO investors more than the IPO price per share.

They started with 100 TH/s and are now at 100 times that (10 PH/s).

Why would anyone believe that CMW is selling freshly mined coins for a premium when this trustworthy company (MBP) is selling them for a discount?
I'm not interested in this cloud mining controversy, but interested in the freshly mined coins at discounted price. So just trying to understand Hedgy's business. Say, they are giving 1% discount. So, if I send them 1 BTC used coin, they'll give me 1.01 BTC fresh coin ? I mean, how come ? How do they do business ?

Do you seriously think Jimmy has any intention to give you any proper explanation ? He is paid to troll CMW threads. That is what he is doing. Just ignore him.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 01:41:25 AM

Hedgy is providing freshly mined coins on behalf of Megabigpower, one of the few legit/trustworthy companies in the world of bitcoin mining. They had a bitcoin IPO for a 100TH/s farm and were one of the only bitcoin securities that managed to pay back IPO investors more than the IPO price per share.

Why would anyone believe that CMW is selling freshly mined coins for a premium when this trustworthy company (MBP) is selling them for a discount?
I'm not interested in this cloud mining controversy, but interested in the freshly mined coins at discounted price. So just trying to understand Hedgy's business. Say, they are giving 1% discount. So, if I send them 1 BTC used coin, they'll give me 1.01 BTC fresh coin ? I mean, how come ? How do they do business ?

That's not how it works. You pay USD for BTC. They can give a discount because it let's them avoid selling on the exchanges which would crash the price.
TheGeorge

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:09:18 PM

That's not how it works. You pay USD for BTC. They can give a discount because it let's them avoid selling on the exchanges which would crash the price.

I see... that's interesting. But, does not it require them to have an MSB or some sort of exchange license to do this ?
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:50:48 AM

do not ever touch that service.
i got scammed from cloud mining ponzi for 2 times, none of the payout at the first time!
this is just ponzi, they decreased the price to attract people to buy until they gained enough.

that IPO is open-ended.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:14:57 AM

people think if site is paying and been around for a few months means they are legit... those 2 are just a few to consider before trusting them with your bitcoins. theres more to ask to prove their legitimacy

RussianRaibow

Activity: 616

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 10:33:23 PM

I see... that's interesting. But, does not it require them to have an MSB or some sort of exchange license to do this ?
Depends on where they are located at. If they are located in a country, where bitcoin is not frowned upon, then those are not required.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

people think if site is paying and been around for a few months means they are legit... those 2 are just a few to consider before trusting them with your bitcoins. theres more to ask to prove their legitimacy

Take for example PBMining, they are around for a year until they execute their scam. I agree that most of the cloudmining services that pop in the web are ponzi schemes and don't have the equipment to do hashing, but we don't need to do an all-out campaign against such a service when we could easily distinguish a scam from what is not. To see whether a cloudmining service is there to stay and not just some other ponzi scheme, take a calculator. Check on how your earnings are made and calculate the actual money you can make if you own the hardware. Less all those service/electricity or whatever fee was in there in that cloud mining service and you could actually see if they are honest on what they advertise or not.

There are still legit cloudmining sites out there (afaik, there are only 2) which you can use to try and make money. Not all of them are scam, but most are.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 08:59:28 PM

There are still legit cloudmining sites out there (afaik, there are only 2) which you can use to try and make money. Not all of them are scam, but most are.
Which are the two that you are talking about ?

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
Warren Buffet

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:09:24 PM

Which are the two that you are talking about ?

There are none. Not a single cloud mining will tell you their sold hash power and mining address. Having some miner or hash power does not prove anything. All of them are involved in partial reserve mining. The day they'll stop making profit out of your investment, the day they'll close the door.
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:54:12 PM

Missing the payout since yesterday, anyone else too  Grin

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
HSBC

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:56:03 PM

Missing the payout since yesterday, anyone else too  Grin

I got my delayed payment...

https://blockchain.info/tx/830fec49806e5e5694d9139442a30915c1ef60a92d9ce026ff6914ccff538d2f
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:13:59 PM

Jope, me too  Roll Eyes

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: