Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:09:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: declining volatility  (Read 1650 times)
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:52:14 PM

Id have have the volatility right now since lately its been on the constant decline.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:33:41 PM

The volatility is this low at the moment due to the fact that we could very well be at a turning point currently. At tho point we should have broken down already, but surprisingly we seem to be stable and even go up currently. I bet quite a lot bears are rethinking their strategy at the moment.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:07:41 PM

For every day we hover around these ridiculous high price we can expect the crash to be even more severe.
Right now it looks like the next crash will completely oblitterate everything left of the bitcoin ecosystem.
It won't be much longer before the true ponzi nature of bitcoin is revealed.
above message reminds me of Proudhon

Nah, Proudhon believed in Bitcoin he just thought the price was too high.

Then he revealed that he was actually bullish after the price dropped but didn't want to break character.

I always wonder how long term bitcoiners can become so bearish at some point. I mean, if they weren't interested in Bitcoin, why would they stay in the game and forums for over 4 years or so? Is it because they lost their stash in Gox? Maybe panic-sold at the bottom? I just can't really seem to wrap my head around it!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:27:31 PM

gently gently

I know, old chart, but I'm pretty sure it's been steadily decreasing still

Give it another 5 years. If it succeeds, it'll be finally stable enough for the dinosaurs with traditional stability requirements to finally get on board, but I reckon many will have learnt to accept to roll with the volatility sooner than that

Would like to see a current chart. Bitcoin has almost felt like a regular currency lately (compared to back in the day). I for one welcome this great time of stability on the low 200's, a great time for the initial bota misers like me to stack up on BTC, im buying monthly.
minerpumpkin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:12:39 PM

Would like to see a current chart. Bitcoin has almost felt like a regular currency lately (compared to back in the day). I for one welcome this great time of stability on the low 200's, a great time for the initial bota misers like me to stack up on BTC, im buying monthly.

That's a valid investment strategy, but on the other hand you could just go and save some FIAT and buy all coins in bulk as soon as a definitive uptrend is confirmed! That way you may be on the safer side. Nothing against buying monthly, though... You're doing Bitcoin a very solid favor! Smiley

chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:28:49 AM

Yeah it looks like we're in a weekly squeeze with this declining volatility.  I hopeful that it'll result up but we'll really have to see.  It could also possibly resolve down and that'll be ugly.
lay785

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 04:43:26 AM

For every day we hover around these ridiculous high price we can expect the crash to be even more severe.
Right now it looks like the next crash will completely oblitterate everything left of the bitcoin ecosystem.
It won't be much longer before the true ponzi nature of bitcoin is revealed.
above message reminds me of Proudhon

Nah, Proudhon believed in Bitcoin he just thought the price was too high.

Then he revealed that he was actually bullish after the price dropped but didn't want to break character.

I always wonder how long term bitcoiners can become so bearish at some point. I mean, if they weren't interested in Bitcoin, why would they stay in the game and forums for over 4 years or so? Is it because they lost their stash in Gox? Maybe panic-sold at the bottom? I just can't really seem to wrap my head around it!
Its called shorting.

For some reason many shorters post about how terrible bitcoin is as soon as they gamble their money. Its kinda sad but seems to be a very common practice on this forum.
minerpumpkin

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:38:39 AM

Its called shorting.

For some reason many shorters post about how terrible bitcoin is as soon as they gamble their money. Its kinda sad but seems to be a very common practice on this forum.

Na, I think he/she was more wondering why people would lose their trust in Bitcoin, if they were in the game at such an early stage, already (2010/2011). Doesn't make sense. Shorters try to push the price down after they sell, sure. But they don't proclaim the end of Bitcoin usually, in fact they don't care for what people are writing on this forum for the most part. If they really do lose faith in Bitcoin in general, something must have happened - I'd also love to know examples where this has happened!

Wouter Mense

Activity: 14
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:59:46 PM

Remade the chart. Data is USD prices from bitcoinaverage.com.

Chart is less accurate before 04-2011, since the prices are rounded to $0.01

http://s15.postimg.org/uh569b6fv/Volatility.png
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 04:34:49 PM

Remade the chart. Data is USD prices from bitcoinaverage.com.

Chart is less accurate before 04-2011, since the prices are rounded to $0.01

This definitely shows and strengthens the theory of the fact we are going to have a long time to stack up on the cheap 200-300 BTC range, if now lower as double figures aren't that far fetched to think at this point.
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 04:56:29 PM

One interesting thing about low volatility is that you can now profit off of it with options.  Before with low volatility you can't make money from futures and margin trading but now with options you can make money for the price not moving.

Options markets aren't as developed yet as futures markets but I'm excited.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: