Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:38:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wealth of Bitcoin Information/Data (Network, Market, Addresses)  (Read 1356 times)
mokahless (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:02:00 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 05:19:24 AM by mokahless

Update: I don't have time to keep this document both updated and to fix it every time there is a problem with my sources which overflows the cells. So I would like to give editing permissions to some members of the bitcoin community to improve the document and keep it error-free.
As for the overflow problem: essentially, whenever my source websites have a problem, they return a 404 page or error page and when google docs tries to insert it, it ends up inserting all the data in different cells, ruining the document. The solution is simple: revert to the most recent change. But the problem is someone needs to keep checking back.

Anyway, for those two reasons, I would like to hand this over to members of bitcointalk who I can trust not to mess up the document and who are willing to improve and maintain the document.

If you are interested, please email me at mokahless@gmail.com and/or leave your gmail address in this thread.

I've recently had some spare time and have started working on a google docs repository of Bitcoin information based on blockchain.info and blockexplorer.

The doc will remain active as long as blockchain.info and blockexplorer remain active.

I would like this information to be useful to the community. Currently it is separated into three categories:

Network: information related to the network and coin generation
Market:   financial information of bitcoin
Addresses: an easy-to-read list of addresses and transactions belonging to those addresses.

Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlfvS-7vLyHjdGIyUjdDSFJsT2s5TWdIX3hNcWF5ckE

I created this thread to expand the information offered, improve the information offered and expose this doc to the community as an easy-to-access information repository. Over time, I also hope to make it prettier but information comes first.

So what do I need from you?

Network:
-What information do you want to see added and where can I fetch it from?
-What calculations are badly put together?
-What calculations can be simplified?

Market:

Addresses:
-What addresses belong to pirateat40?
-What addresses belong to the major pools?
-What other addresses would you like to see added?

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:56:48 AM

Market:

Total trading volume (all exchanges combined):
Summation of 24h volumes from:

- http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/chart.json?m=mtgoxUSD&i=Daily&c=1&s=2012-08-30&e=2012-08-30
 - http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/chart.json?m=bitfloorUSD&i=Daily&c=1&s=2012-08-30&e=2012-08-30
etc, for each exchange.  I think the volume is in BTCs

Here's a post which contains a list of all the different markets (m=).
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82203.msg906015#msg906015

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 10:44:44 PM

My suggestions:
- Time between blocks for the current difficulty level.
- The Current and Predictions should be right next to each other.  For instance, you should show "Days to solve @ 1GH/s" and "New days to solve @ 1GH/s" right above/below each other for easy comparability.
- Next difficulty should be nearby current difficulty, or nearby the "Days to next retarget" field.
- If you can, pull in the latest MtGox number, and show some interesting financial calculations as well ($x.xx made per day with 1GH/s, $xx.xx made per month with 1GH/s, etc).
mokahless (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 02:09:38 PM

Market:

Total trading volume (all exchanges combined):
Summation of 24h volumes from:

- http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/chart.json?m=mtgoxUSD&i=Daily&c=1&s=2012-08-30&e=2012-08-30
 - http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/chart.json?m=bitfloorUSD&i=Daily&c=1&s=2012-08-30&e=2012-08-30
etc, for each exchange.  I think the volume is in BTCs

Here's a post which contains a list of all the different markets (m=).
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82203.msg906015#msg906015

Excellent. Liking this. More financial stuff will be added as soon as I figure out how to parse to only part of the fetched information in google docs. Too bad it's not xml.

My suggestions:
- Time between blocks for the current difficulty level.
- The Current and Predictions should be right next to each other.  For instance, you should show "Days to solve @ 1GH/s" and "New days to solve @ 1GH/s" right above/below each other for easy comparability.
- Next difficulty should be nearby current difficulty, or nearby the "Days to next retarget" field.
- If you can, pull in the latest MtGox number, and show some interesting financial calculations as well ($x.xx made per day with 1GH/s, $xx.xx made per month with 1GH/s, etc).

Added your first 3 points. Really liking how your suggestions make it easier to read and save on space.

mokahless (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 05:10:28 AM

*See first post for new information*

mokahless (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 07:56:51 AM

Bump I would really like to give any interested people access to this document so they can continue development.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: