Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:12:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: taking loan with multiple accounts and put their accounts as collateral  (Read 757 times)
qory (OP)

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:18:44 AM

is it against the rules or not ?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:20:31 AM

Scams are not moderated.
These users may get negative trust, nothing more.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 08:28:35 AM

You can try... most accounts are not worth what people think they are.

Since you have multiple accounts, are you trying to sell them?  If so, don't ask for a loan and use them for collateral, because that would be immoral and scamming from the person that lends you the coins.  Sell them instead.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 08:53:17 AM

No.

Since you have multiple accounts, are you trying to sell them?  If so, don't ask for a loan and use them for collateral, because that would be immoral and scamming from the person that lends you the coins.  Sell them instead.

He knows some people who use their alts as collateral to get BTC but won't repay. So, he probably wanted to know whether what they are doing is against forum rules or not.

qory (OP)

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:08:20 AM

@Botany : I forgot scams aren't moderated.

@Vod : Honestly I'm talking this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1021034.msg11052314#msg11052314
those account belong to loan scammers, I gave a sign and told to lender about that, but he keeps accepting their loan request.

If it is not againts the rules, I won't ruin someone's business and  bother lending section anymore.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 09:14:25 AM

@Vod : Honestly I'm talking this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1021034.msg11052314#msg11052314
those account belong to loan scammers, I gave a sign and told to lender about that, but he keeps accepting their loan request.

If it is not againts the rules, I won't ruin someone's business and  bother lending section anymore.

Honestly, even though Neotex is encouraging scams, I don't think he will stop accepting as he is profiting from it. Get accounts for low price and sell it - Profit!!!

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:56:41 AM

Since the loan amount is small, you really needn't bother.
The borrower would probably make more by directly selling his accounts.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:04:19 PM

Honestly, even though Neotex is encouraging scams, I don't think he will stop accepting as he is profiting from it. Get accounts for low price and sell it - Profit!!!
Bingo. As long as the lender only lends a small enough amount that the loan is below the market price of the account then the lender will actually profit more if the loan is not repaid then if the loan is repaid. Most of the loans I have given when I took the accounts as collateral ended up not being repaid, however I was able to sell most of them for prices significantly above the repayment amount with minimal effort in all cases except one.

Using your account as collateral is not against the rules. Having more the one account is not against the rules.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:39:55 PM

Bingo. As long as the lender only lends a small enough amount that the loan is below the market price of the account then the lender will actually profit more if the loan is not repaid then if the loan is repaid. Most of the loans I have given when I took the accounts as collateral ended up not being repaid, however I was able to sell most of them for prices significantly above the repayment amount with minimal effort in all cases except one.

Using your account as collateral is not against the rules. Having more the one account is not against the rules.

As long as the lender ensures (beyond reasonable doubt) that the account wasn't hacked then used as collateral.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:42:04 PM

As long as the lender ensures (beyond reasonable doubt) that the account wasn't hacked then used as collateral.

Yes of course, he should sign a message with a well know (public) bitcoin address before put his forum account as collateral for the loan.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:33:13 PM

This may be a stupid question, but how are the accounts sold. Whenever I see an account for sale, everybody wants the seller to send a signed message from a BTC address that was posted a few months back to prove that the account wasn't hacked. If someone takes possession of an account that was pledged as collateral, how does he prove that the account is now his and wasn't hacked?

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:37:32 PM

This may be a stupid question, but how are the accounts sold. Whenever I see an account for sale, everybody wants the seller to send a signed message from a BTC address that was posted a few months back to prove that the account wasn't hacked. If someone takes possession of an account that was pledged as collateral, how does he prove that the account is now his and wasn't hacked?

I think he should only provide the 'first' signed message(by the real owner - or previous owner). Unless he will also buy the private key (of the bitcoin address) from the seller and he will be able to sign all the bitcoin message that he wants.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:52:04 PM

If it is not againts the rules, I won't ruin someone's business and  bother lending section anymore.

I think he should only provide the 'first' signed message(by the real owner - or previous owner). Unless he will also buy the private key (of the bitcoin address) from the seller and he will be able to sign all the bitcoin message that he wants.

So if I understand you correctly, you use the same signed message that the original owner gave you. Is that correct?

Edit: Thanks for your help. I've been wondering about that for a while.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:58:13 PM

So if I understand you correctly, you use the same signed message that the original owner gave you. Is that correct?
That is correct. The signed message should include who the account is being pledged/sold to. You would then sign a message from a known address that you(the person who purchased the account) had previously posted in order to transfer ownership from the original owner to you to the new buyer
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:01:56 PM

Yes, this is the 'unique' way to provide a signed message when you want to sell the account (if the user will default the loan). ** or unless he will sell also the bitcoin private key.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: