Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:31:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese team released software to mine Satoshi's coin  (Read 6325 times)
Skunk Fu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:34:37 PM

We all know that Chinese aren't that far behind in terms of technology. In fact, theirs are advancing at a fast rate. Even though they hold the sufficient technology to crack or generate the same private keys to Satoshi's addresses, it still is a resource-consuming and time-consuming effort to recover those coins. SHA-256 is secure enough to be cracked by our technology for the next couple of centuries, and I doubt that even with the world's most advanced computers today, the algorithm would be cracked within a short span of time.

"Far behind"? !!!

LOL!
They are way ahead of everyone.
The truth is, you should consider yourselves lucky to say that YOU are not far behind the Chinese in technology.

The only thing Chinese good at is.... sucking dicks.... and copying shit (altho they call it themselves "engineering")

Dumbfuck, ever see any research paper in mathematics and science? Yeah..... notice the name on those.... Do you see any Ding Dong Fong Fi Yu?

Butt-hurt much?
What's your problem?
That the Chinese study from junior school what you studied in College? (if you have reached that level of education that is).

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-HXB0DQWFE

Smile eh  Wink

Did you buy that account by the way?
How much?
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:41:44 PM

Wouldn't trust it it's probably a virus.

It makes sense, I also think it's a virus, because normal people know the probability of hacking satoshi's addresses, sane people won't believe they are really hack, because they couldn't find the keys until the universe is destroyed. Grin

I have stated the probability before, we need 10^70 years to crack the keys. LMAO. It's an impossible crack, if they can crack them, all exchanges' wallets are also dangerous, bitcoin system will be destroyed too, bitcoin won't be worth 1 usd if satoshi's addresses are hacked.
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:00:37 PM

We all know that Chinese aren't that far behind in terms of technology. In fact, theirs are advancing at a fast rate. Even though they hold the sufficient technology to crack or generate the same private keys to Satoshi's addresses, it still is a resource-consuming and time-consuming effort to recover those coins. SHA-256 is secure enough to be cracked by our technology for the next couple of centuries, and I doubt that even with the world's most advanced computers today, the algorithm would be cracked within a short span of time.

"Far behind"? !!!

LOL!
The truth is, you should consider yourselves lucky to say that YOU are not far behind the Chinese in technology.

The only thing Chinese good at is.... sucking dicks.... and copying shit (altho they call it themselves "engineering")

Dumbfuck, ever see any research paper in mathematics and science? Yeah..... notice the name on those.... Do you see any Ding Dong Fong Fi Yu?

Butt-hurt much?
What's your problem?
That the Chinese study from junior school what you studied in College? (if you have reached that level of education that is).

Smile eh  Wink

How much?

Serious coin is just a dick, that is not a sold account but I really doubt the Chinese education system is what you're boasting and I feel you're a bit biased as your original post seems to think they are going to be able to crack it, and the Chinese aren't ahead in technology but just ahead in cheap labor being able to produce the technology cheaply and more efficiently then others but I guess that is a part of having pretty much slave labor.

I have made bold on the first post I beg to differ 100% and ask what are you on about exactly? Do you even realize how broad of scale 'technology' is? If we talk about electronics then the number 1 is one of the smallest countries Japan, Lets talk car tech and physics then we need look no further than Germany. Let's talk military or computer science then you shouldn't be surprised to know the USA are far from behind because they are in fact ahead, an have been since they hijacked Germany’s best in operation paperclip after WW2 or Germany would hold all titles. To add China will not break satoshi wallets in 100 years of trying so good luck to them.   

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:04:40 PM

Whoever believes this nonsense has very limited knowledge. I'm not even going to open the link as it is not necessary and it's loading very slowly for me. Why just Satoshi's coins? Why not hack every major exchange and take all Bitcoin?
Even if someone had the software/power to do this, why would they do it? As soon as this happened the price would crash to zero.
Besides claiming to beat SHA256 is big deal. The banks would probably come and assassinate you, among other things.
But would kill Bitcoin. It's literaly a rare precious flower ... when plucked, withered to bits. Worthless ... bits.

However a major exchange hack is possible by smuggling in some compromised altcoin wallet. There is a risk in storing coins at an exchange.

altcoinex

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

Director - www.cubeform.io

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 06:16:40 PM

Even on that pages comments, in chinese, everyone just tears apart the post as a hoax and the software as a trojan or malware or other incentive driven fake. The first comment on the page is longer than the page article itself going into 8 reasons why its fake.  I can't believe some of you are even entertaining this discussion, if you didn't immediately realize what this was you need to restudy what bitcoin is and how it achieves what it does.

╓╢╬╣╣╖
                                   ┌║██████║∩
                                   ]█████████
                                    ╜██████╝`
                                      ╙╜╜╜`
                                   ╓╥@@@@@@╥╓
         ╓╖@@╖,                 ,@║██████████╢@,                 ,╓@@╖╓
       ╓╢██████╢.              ╓╢███████████████╖               ║╢█████║╓
       ║█████████    ,,╓╓,,   ┌║█████████████████┐   ,,╓╓,,    ]█████████
       └╢██████║` ╓╢║██████╢║∩``╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙`»╢╢██████╢║╖  ║███████╜
         "╜╜╜╜` ╖╢█████████╣╜                      └╢██████████@ `╜╜╜╜╜
               ║██████████╜                          ╙╢██████████
              ┌█████████╜                              ╙╢█████████
              └███████╨`                                 ╜████████
               ║████╨╜                                    `╢█████
                ╙╢╣╜                                        └╢█╜
                ,,                                            ,,
             ╓@║██┐                                          ┌██║@╓
            ╢██████                                          ]█████H
           ╢███████∩                                        ┌████████
  ╓@@@@╓   █████████                                        ║████████`  ╓@@@@╖
╓╢██████║. █████████∩                                      ┌█████████ ,║███████╖
██████████ └█████████                                      ██████████ ]█████████
`║██████╜`  └╢████████                                    ┌███████╣╜   ╙██████╨`
  `╙╜╜╙`      `╙╨╢████                                    █████╝╜`       `╙╜╜`
                      ]@╓                              ╓╖H
                      ███╢║@╓,                    ,╓@╢╢███`
                      ████████╢@╖╓.           ╓╖@║████████`
                      ]███████████╢║@╓,  ,╓@╢╢████████████
                       ╙╢█████████████╨` ╜██████████████╜
                         ╙╝╢███████║╜`    `╜║████████╝╜`
                     ,╓@@@╓  `²╙``             `╙²`  ╓@@@╖,
                    ║╢█████╢H                      ╓╢██████H
                    █████████                      █████████`
                    ╙╢██████╜                      ╙╢██████╜
                      └╨╩╝┘                          └╨╩╝╜
WINFLOW.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:01:01 PM

The "laws of the universe" are under constant revision.

While it is highly unlikely this particular project will have much success, it is highly likely that quantum computers will be able to break SHA-256 in the future. Don't ask me when. We'll probably have another global economic meltdown before then, so I'm not holding my breath.

Then it's a good thing that the private/public key algorithm used for Bitcoin has nothing whatsoever to do with SHA-256.  That could be because SHA-256 is not an encryption method, nor a digital signature method.  Bitcoin uses elliptic curve cryptography for the digital signatures.  It may be possible that this could eventually be weakened or even broken, but it is also possible (some would say likely) that it is not possible.

You may want to update the Wikipedia entry on bitcoin and SHA-256 then.

Why would I do such a thing?  The article is correct.  If you read the wikipedia article and concluded that the private/public key algorithm used for Bitcoin was based on SHA-256, then you did not understand the article.

The "busywork" that miners use as proof of work is SHA.  That has absolutely nothing to do with private/public key cryptography.  If you want to "mine Satoshi's coin", breaking SHA-256 will do you no good whatsoever.  For that, you must break elliptic curve cryptography.  Researchers have been working on that one for three decades. 

SHA is not encryption.  It is hashing. 
hhanh00

Activity: 467
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:03:32 PM

"Far behind"? !!!

LOL!

FYI,

Xiaoyun Wang; Hongbo Yu (2005). "How to Break MD5 and Other Hash Functions" (PDF). EUROCRYPT. ISBN 3-540-25910-4.

Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:44:29 PM

Wasn't there someone on the forums here who tried doing something like this? He was paying people to run a piece of software that would try to crack BTC addresses. I'll see if I can find that thread...

EDIT: Found it:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929196

I wonder what would happen if it was discovered that addresses could be stolen in this manner? Probably some kind of emergency hard fork would have to be done before the damage has a chance to spread. There would need to be a rollback of any transactions too.

According to the guy that released the software, he claimed that they had cracked two addresses but refuse to specify, saying it would destroy the integrity of bitcoin.
They also said they had found 38,187 addresses that belong to Satoshi, or 50*38187=1,909,350 btc.

It would be easy to provide a proof. My chinese has weakened over the last years, did they provide the txid of the stolen coins to confirm this on the blockchain?
There is no way they brute forced two different addresses, I am with AGD on this they can prove it easily if they did and I want proof before we even begin to believe anything. The only way they have hacked private keys are through either attacking the pc the wallet is on or weak brain wallets.

Or a weak RNG.

"Far behind"? !!!

LOL!

i remember that japan were the one that were so far ahead in general technology, chinese are just good at doing thing fast and discover new things maybe, because they are many, still this news remain a pure trolling

Japan went from literally nothing to being a major superpower not only once but twice during it's history. It's possible that China could do the same.

Amateur hour is over.
Let's go over how a public address is derived from a private key:

1. SECP256K1(Private Key) ---> Public Key
2. RIPEMD160(SHA256(Public Key)) ---> Public Address

So these script monkeys are telling us that they found an ancient Chinese secret that can crack two hashing algorithms and an ECDSA all at once?

Unless Satoshi used a weak random number generator for his private key, and these amateur happen to know his public keys, GLHF faggots.

I don't think it's possible to deduce a private key from a public key. It does weaken the security since it strips away an additional layer of encryption but not to the point where an address could be compromised.

I'm surprised that an altcoin hasn't yet been released to do this very thing.
Still, even if the key was somehow found, I agree with others that this would amount to theft rather than once or twice in the lifetime of the universe luck.

An altcoin? How does that help in anything?

An altcoin that rewards those who submit shares to a decentralized effort to crack Satoshi's wallets? That doesn't sound all that different from what Primecoin/Riecoin/Curecoin/Gridcoin/Foldingcoin are doing so it might just be possible.

It would be completely pointless though for reasons that have already been mentioned many times in this thread.

It makes sense, I also think it's a virus, because normal people know the probability of hacking satoshi's addresses, sane people won't believe they are really hack, because they couldn't find the keys until the universe is destroyed. Grin

I have stated the probability before, we need 10^70 years to crack the keys. LMAO. It's an impossible crack, if they can crack them, all exchanges' wallets are also dangerous, bitcoin system will be destroyed too, bitcoin won't be worth 1 usd if satoshi's addresses are hacked.

Even on that pages comments, in chinese, everyone just tears apart the post as a hoax and the software as a trojan or malware or other incentive driven fake. The first comment on the page is longer than the page article itself going into 8 reasons why its fake.  I can't believe some of you are even entertaining this discussion, if you didn't immediately realize what this was you need to restudy what bitcoin is and how it achieves what it does.

If the software is available for public download then it should be easy to confirm whether or not it's a virus.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
Adam_Allcock

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:08:54 PM

"Far behind"? !!!

LOL!

Butt-hurt much?
What's your problem?

Smile eh  Wink

How much?

LoL if you think those socalled " education" matters.

Ever been to grad school? Thats where education matters, notice the amount of Chinese students going abroad for that?

Since you're Chinese, you remind me of the old Chinese saying: a frog at the bottom of a well.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:04:54 PM

"Far behind"? !!!

LOL!

Butt-hurt much?
What's your problem?

Smile eh  Wink

How much?

LoL if you think those socalled " education" matters.

Ever been to grad school? Thats where education matters, notice the amount of Chinese students going abroad for that?

Since you're Chinese, you remind me of the old Chinese saying: a frog at the bottom of a well.

That's a funny video.  Cheesy
I think he posted it for piss taking. As in to say, they know your shit better than you  Wink
Apart from that, Chinese students don't go abroad in order to study - they already know most of that shit.
They go abroad to work for decent salary. Being a student in a foreign country grants them a student's Visa which in turn allows them to work.

I am actually surprised that a bright, intelligent american such as yourself didn't know that.

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:35:15 PM

So, the purpose of this software is to hack Satoshi's wallet?
How if in that wallet, there is just 10 or maybe 1 BTC inside? Think about it! Cheesy

faucet used to be profitable
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:54:11 PM

How if in that wallet, there is just 10 or maybe 1 BTC inside? Think about it! Cheesy

Most of Satoshi's addresses look pretty much the same. They contain a balance of 50 BTC as newly generated inputs (i.e. freshly mined coins) with no outputs. There are thousands of these addresses scattered across the blockchain, most of which were mined during 2009.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:05:33 PM

Most of Satoshi's addresses look pretty much the same. They contain a balance of 50 BTC as newly generated inputs (i.e. freshly mined coins) with no outputs. There are thousands of these addresses scattered across the blockchain, most of which were mined during 2009.

Actually, as far as I know, all of his addresses have 50BTC each apart from 12cbQLTFMXRnSzktFkuoG3eHoMeFtpTu3S, which he sent 10BTC to Hal Finney and moved some of the rest.

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:13:16 PM

Actually, as far as I know, all of his addresses have 50BTC each apart from 12cbQLTFMXRnSzktFkuoG3eHoMeFtpTu3S, which he sent 10BTC to Hal Finney and moved some of the rest.

Owh, I didn't know about that. So, keep working for it Chinese team...

faucet used to be profitable
altcoinex

Activity: 293

Director - www.cubeform.io

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 06:52:44 PM

If one had the available computing power to do this, they could much easier mine the entirety of remaining bitcoins prior to difficulty retargeting and have alot more bitcoins than just satoshis.

╓╢╬╣╣╖
                                   ┌║██████║∩
                                   ]█████████
                                    ╜██████╝`
                                      ╙╜╜╜`
                                   ╓╥@@@@@@╥╓
         ╓╖@@╖,                 ,@║██████████╢@,                 ,╓@@╖╓
       ╓╢██████╢.              ╓╢███████████████╖               ║╢█████║╓
       ║█████████    ,,╓╓,,   ┌║█████████████████┐   ,,╓╓,,    ]█████████
       └╢██████║` ╓╢║██████╢║∩``╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙╙`»╢╢██████╢║╖  ║███████╜
         "╜╜╜╜` ╖╢█████████╣╜                      └╢██████████@ `╜╜╜╜╜
               ║██████████╜                          ╙╢██████████
              ┌█████████╜                              ╙╢█████████
              └███████╨`                                 ╜████████
               ║████╨╜                                    `╢█████
                ╙╢╣╜                                        └╢█╜
                ,,                                            ,,
             ╓@║██┐                                          ┌██║@╓
            ╢██████                                          ]█████H
           ╢███████∩                                        ┌████████
  ╓@@@@╓   █████████                                        ║████████`  ╓@@@@╖
╓╢██████║. █████████∩                                      ┌█████████ ,║███████╖
██████████ └█████████                                      ██████████ ]█████████
`║██████╜`  └╢████████                                    ┌███████╣╜   ╙██████╨`
  `╙╜╜╙`      `╙╨╢████                                    █████╝╜`       `╙╜╜`
                      ]@╓                              ╓╖H
                      ███╢║@╓,                    ,╓@╢╢███`
                      ████████╢@╖╓.           ╓╖@║████████`
                      ]███████████╢║@╓,  ,╓@╢╢████████████
                       ╙╢█████████████╨` ╜██████████████╜
                         ╙╝╢███████║╜`    `╜║████████╝╜`
                     ,╓@@@╓  `²╙``             `╙²`  ╓@@@╖,
                    ║╢█████╢H                      ╓╢██████H
                    █████████                      █████████`
                    ╙╢██████╜                      ╙╢██████╜
                      └╨╩╝┘                          └╨╩╝╜
WINFLOW.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:23:59 PM

If one had the available computing power to do this, they could much easier mine the entirety of remaining bitcoins prior to difficulty retargeting and have alot more bitcoins than just satoshis.

This is a waste of time by hackers who are bad at math. With existing technology you could fill the universe with computers and not crack anyone's private key.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:49:05 PM

With existing technology you could fill the universe with computers

I'm interested in such a technology.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
jwcastle

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 10:23:28 PM

I suppose it can be done if enough people join in this project. Kinda like the SETI project, distributed computing will allow an impossibly difficult problem to be solved by millions of individual systems. If someone can figure out the math, maybe we can estimate how long and how many individual systems it might take to brute force the private key.

BitcoinEval.com - Evaluate your Bitcoin earnings
CPR
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:37:41 PM

With existing technology you could fill the universe with computers

I'm interested in such a technology.

He's saying that if the universe was filled with computers at today's technology level, it still wouldn't be enough computing power.
chalkboard17

Activity: 484

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:43:12 PM

Yeah let's all steal the money from the guy who created something awesome for us all.

Didn't know Satoshi sent these to Hal 9 days after blockchain was launched. In my mind that happened by the end of 2009 instead of very beggining. For me, this is another proof that Hal is Satoshi. It adds up when you take into consideration Hal's disease and satoshi disappearing.
It would also make sense why Satoshi only left a quick message saying he wasn't dorian, without signing or anything. He couldn't do much at that point.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███