Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:32:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The $250 barrier may be broken this month  (Read 2569 times)
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:38:18 PM

Well IF we're really going up from here, it's not a question whether we can take the $250 barrier, but rather $260 (which is a long term resistance) and subsequently the $300 barrier, which is even more important. From there on I think we will get a rally to at least $350 and then a consistent uptrend.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:45:43 PM

$250 would be a nice one psychologically, but yeah after that last fun run a few months back got so close to $300, that will be the exciting one to watch.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:19:27 PM

$250 would be a nice one psychologically, but yeah after that last fun run a few months back got so close to $300, that will be the exciting one to watch.

Yeah, but I don't think it's much of a psychological barrier, actually. Especially not with all those interesting and important support and resistance lines right in the neighborhood. It's far more important to watch the long term resistance line from December 2013, which could actually be broken this time.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:25:07 PM

I see it more retracting, and this is only a temp rise.

But, this is just what I seen from the past, and of course this is all speculative no one can really anticipate every or any price movement.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:33:03 PM

I think it's important to watch the current short-term support lines, as well. It remains to be seen whether we've just broken them or bounced off of them, while stretching them for a couple of USD. These are my lines I'm watching:

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
minerpumpkin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:04:26 PM

But, this is just what I seen from the past, and of course this is all speculative no one can really anticipate every or any price movement.

Nah, I'm still bullish! There are just too many things different this time around that would 'legitimize' a trend reversal. So many things are starting to turn green again, without us having found another bottom in the mean time, which is quite remarkable!

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:07:21 PM

to some extent fiat is irrelevant to BTC, since fiat can be endlessly printed.

I have come to the view that fiat is largely a means to strip mine wealth from wealth generators, eg actual useful work.

Not exactly, because you buy and sell bitcoin for FIAT. Then FIAT currencies are extremely importante in the bitcoin ecosystem (but it is normale | 1 bitcoin = 1 bitcoin | independently of the price in FIAT).

Nah, I'm still bullish! There are just too many things different this time around that would 'legitimize' a trend reversal. So many things are starting to turn green again, without us having found another bottom in the mean time, which is quite remarkable!

If we  see the bitcoin price in a long term that it is obvious the price will be more higher than now, instead if you seen the short term it is only a pump & dump (sell high and buy a few dollars down.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:07:43 PM

from the many things different as you say, name at least two important differences that indicate a trend reversal. i can't seem to find any.
minerpumpkin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:13:01 PM

If we  see the bitcoin price in a long term that it is obvious the price will be more higher than now, instead if you seen the short term it is only a pump & dump (sell high and buy a few dollars down.

We can only know what this really is when the whole thing has played out. It's impossible to tell if this is in fact a trend reversal or just a "pump and dump". Why haven't we broken down back at $213?

minerpumpkin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:15:16 PM

from the many things different as you say, name at least two important differences that indicate a trend reversal. i can't seem to find any.

The squishy (3D MACD) has turned green again. True, it's still only a very small bar, but this has happened without a new deeper low, which is unprecedented since 2013! Also, the SAR is about to flip! More?

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:17:35 PM

We can only know what this really is when the whole thing has played out.

Yes of course  Grin.

It's impossible to tell if this is in fact a trend reversal or just a "pump and dump". Why haven't we broken down back at $213?

I do not know, but I can ask you the same thing : why haven't we seen again 1'000 dollars per bitcoin (So I can dump all my bitcoins) ?

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:03:57 PM

I think it's important to watch the current short-term support lines, as well. It remains to be seen whether we've just broken them or bounced off of them, while stretching them for a couple of USD. These are my lines I'm watching:

Loads of people are watching to find out if we go below the 237 support line. I expect loads of sells if we go below that line.
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:13:05 PM

It's just a dream. Bitcoin is denying any price uprising attempt since december '13.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:24:14 PM

What do you think guys. Bitcoin has been going strong at pumping itself into the 240s and 250 is currently a target for the month which may see a rise eventually to higher figures ...

Personally, I don't believe it can go any further. It's just a prediction, but I still see it only going down
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:44:03 AM

What do you think guys. Bitcoin has been going strong at pumping itself into the 240s and 250 is currently a target for the month which may see a rise eventually to higher figures ...

Personally, I don't believe it can go any further. It's just a prediction, but I still see it only going down

the same was said, in many other occasions during 2011/2012, then boom the price raised, and no one expected that, the price will remain in down trend until no one will expect it to increase, then it will raise
minerpumpkin

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:15:59 PM

We can only know what this really is when the whole thing has played out.

Yes of course  Grin.

It's impossible to tell if this is in fact a trend reversal or just a "pump and dump". Why haven't we broken down back at $213?

I do not know, but I can ask you the same thing : why haven't we seen again 1'000 dollars per bitcoin (So I can dump all my bitcoins) ?

Well that's not what the trend since December 2013 is "suggesting" or "expecting" to happen. As long as we're in this downtrend, the default direction is - who would have thought that - down. And that "step down"-pattern highly suggested that we went down from $213. It can even still happen now!

minerpumpkin

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:17:07 PM

the same was said, in many other occasions during 2011/2012, then boom the price raised, and no one expected that, the price will remain in down trend until no one will expect it to increase, then it will raise

It goes down until there are no people willing to sell, anymore. I do actually believe that 2013 really only happened because Gox turned on their Willy bot. I know, people love to hate this theory, but it does make too much sense, actually.

Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:16:40 PM

yep, but something extraordinary must happen now to make the boom real.
farting_shot

Activity: 318

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:31:02 AM

Most likely to go down, to 220.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:49:25 AM

The mod should really consider cutting off the IP that is supporting the dronetroll since there is nothing that is gained by having one of the frankensteins w/ a mental illness still allowed to nutcase this place for fun.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: