Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:41:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Drug Withdrawal  (Read 1162 times)
Mr. Burns (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:22:49 PM

Over the past 12 years I've been using/abusing drugs such as Adderall/Xanax/Klonopin, etc..

Marijuana too.  but especially.

Don't use any more, but my desire to do stuff is in the shitter.  I've never kept a job longer than 16 months, and have never had a girlfriend

Just recently I tried to quit cigarettes too.  But keep going back, cause I don't have a desire to do anything.

Alcohol is really easy to control for me, only drink 1 a day.  Anyone got ideas for sober living besides watching TV/bowling/helping homeless all day?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peeveepee

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:50:47 PM

Try exercise every day and get some discipline. Think this is the only way for someone to really quit drug.
Mr. Burns (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:01:50 PM

Try exercise every day and get some discipline. Think this is the only way for someone to really quit drug.

Oh well I just smoked a cigarette and I am happy again!   So I guess I don't need any help
young3dvard

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:02:40 PM

lol you did`nt tried weed ? Tongue
Mr. Burns (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:06:50 PM

Weed is poison.  All it does is make me think of my ex-girlfriend cause we smoked weed together.  Good thing it wasn't cigarettes  Cheesy
young3dvard

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:07:52 PM

Weed is poison.  All it does is make me think of my ex-girlfriend cause we smoked weed together.  Good thing it wasn't cigarettes  Cheesy

hehe ok now you are leaving everything weed also Tongue . About months ago i also smoke weed much but now i dont smoke it, keep it up . we bothnow you are on the same way to stop this shit.
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:30:59 PM

Over the past 12 years I've been using/abusing drugs such as Adderall/Xanax/Klonopin, etc..

Don't use any more, but my desire to do stuff is in the shitter.  I've never kept a job longer than 16 months, and have never had a girlfriend

Just recently I tried to quit cigarettes too.  But keep going back, cause I don't have a desire to do anything.

Alcohol is really easy to control for me, only drink 1 a day.  Anyone got ideas for sober living besides watching TV/bowling/helping homeless all day?

Im not too familiar with effects of the drugs you said you take, but i do know that xanax/klonopin withdrawals can be deadly, i think this is common knowledge. but those drugs can be very dangerous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome

Doesn't sound fun...
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 04:56:45 PM

Well, over a period of about 8 - 10 years, I did almost every drug under the sun quite heavily. These days I'm completely clean, I only have a few drinks from time to time, I've even quit smoking  Smiley The trick for stopping is actually so simple that I often get a blank stare from people when I tell them  Cheesy All you have to do is identify the real reasons why you do drugs. And don't just say, yea I'm depressed, life is shitty etc. Dig deep. Personally I did drugs because I enjoyed the feeling. The more you do a particular drug, the further you stray from the original feeling (first time high). Some people get hooked because they keep trying to chase that original feeling by increasing the dosage, I just quit after a while because I realized that I could never get back to that first time high  Wink People don't believe me when I tell them that it wasn't even hard. And the thing is anyone can do this. Good luck!
spacehopper

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:03:25 PM

I found quitting smoking really difficult. I read on a forum that cigarettes and tobacco contain a massive percentage of chemicals and someone advised trying smoking additive free tobacco for a while before attempting to quit.

I found two brands, one called Pueblo Additive free Rolling Tobacco, the other called American Spirit Original Blend Natural.

Neither have any chemicals in and I felt myself doing really bad cold turkey as soon as I switched to them. It's been two months since I started smoking them, and it took a month and a half for the withdrawal symptoms to start to die down. I'll try quitting smoking soon, I tried to quit before, and now I'm wondering if the real reason I couldn't was addiction to the chemicals in the tobacco. I talked to old timers who quit in the early 70s and they all said it wasn't that hard.

Apparently they put more chemicals in tobacco now like moisturizers, flavor enhancers, and preservatives.

nor9865

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

If you think you know me.. Think again

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:12:38 PM

Take suboxone. This way your doing drug rehab and you get to feel good at the same time. 3 years sober here with Suboxone. I spent over 60 months locked up. Since I started using subs, I haven't been to jail 1 time.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:06:57 AM

Seriously, the best advice you got was the first comment.   Excercise.   It has worked wonders in my life.   I used to be very depressed and have my own substance issues.  I tried many different things and working out was the only thing that helped.

Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:51:18 PM

have never had a girlfriend

So you've never had a girlfriend but weed makes you think of an ex?  Grin

Weed is poison.  All it does is make me think of my ex-girlfriend cause we smoked weed together.  Good thing it wasn't cigarettes  Cheesy
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 03:50:45 PM

Find a hobby; Read a book, take a walk, count body thetans. Lots of stuff to do in this world that is free.

Trifixion713

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:34:10 PM

Take suboxone. This way your doing drug rehab and you get to feel good at the same time. 3 years sober here with Suboxone. I spent over 60 months locked up. Since I started using subs, I haven't been to jail 1 time.

I've been on subs for over 3 years now, no cravings for opiates - got into hydrocodone after being injured in a freak accident in the gym while training for a powerlifting meet years ago, got to where I was popping 25 lorcets a day- suboxone was like a new lease on life, only thing is getting off of them is hell and the pharmaceutical companies knew this and can profit immensely from it, I'll probably be on them for the rest of my life but it is by far the lesser of two evils.
Mr. Burns (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:32:09 PM

most i was taking was about 14 norcos a day.  i eventually got into heroin/methadone, and realized cigarettes give me a better high.  that's the story, basically!
goodguyed

Activity: 388

Twitter: @goodguyed

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:54:59 PM

Seriously, the best advice you got was the first comment.   Excercise.   It has worked wonders in my life.   I used to be very depressed and have my own substance issues.  I tried many different things and working out was the only thing that helped.

Exercise is truly refreshing for the mind. It's been linked that chemicals are released that put you in a better mood and help you focus mentally. Besides the other reasons of having something to do, a hobby, etc.

Signature for sale by owner
Mr. Burns (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:02:14 PM

Exercise is truly refreshing for the mind. It's been linked that chemicals are released that put you in a better mood and help you focus mentally. Besides the other reasons of having something to do, a hobby, etc.

i've taken 3-5 walks already today. and am bored out of my mind on the computer.  and all i can think about is sex with a woman when i don't smoke.  so what the hell am i supposed to do.  paint a picture?  how the hell is that supposed to satisfy this hunger
FinerVapor

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 10:16:03 PM

Switch to vaping, way healthier than cigarettes !

Weed is ok in moderation, I always smoke a little bowl before exercise.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Mr. Burns (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:16:42 PM

Switch to vaping, way healthier than cigarettes !

Weed is ok in moderation, I always smoke a little bowl before exercise.

i have tried e-cigs and they make me cough worse than regular cigs
goodguyed

Activity: 388

Twitter: @goodguyed

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:21:34 PM

i've taken 3-5 walks already today. and am bored out of my mind on the computer.  and all i can think about is sex with a woman when i don't smoke.  so what the hell am i supposed to do.  paint a picture?  how the hell is that supposed to satisfy this hunger

You could always look in to counseling as well. I'm not sure your physical capabilities but are you able to do anything more intensive than walking? Something that will require more focus? Jogging on a treadmill, elliptical, weight lifting, etc?

Signature for sale by owner
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: