Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:29:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinURL - Account banned in error or theft of Bitcoins?  (Read 1445 times)
tuaris (OP)

Activity: 765
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 08:39:05 PM

I made the error of letting my earnings balance accumulate to a pretty significant amount on CoinURL.
Today, out of nowhere I see my account has been banned, perhaps because the balance has grown large enough that they would go as far as to prevent me from withdrawing it

I have not violated any terms of service or committed any type of fraud.

That statement is said with fact and in the utmost confidence.

This post serves as a warning to anyone who uses the (CoinURL) service.  I will continue to post updates here.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MarkMJ

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:47:10 PM

Hello,

How much funds you are talking about?
Do you have some prof?
I just create an account!
coinurl is full of  bugs

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:03:35 AM

I unlocked the account, I don't see anything wrong with your account and I have unbanned you.  I will ask the moderator why they made that decision, it was probably an error!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:54:15 AM

I unlocked the account, I don't see anything wrong with your account and I have unbanned you.  I will ask the moderator why they made that decision, it was probably an error!

Or maybe for security. Its not unreasonable for them to freeze any accounts with large balances in order to secure the liability into a cold storage. Not ideal but not unreasonable.

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:08:35 AM

Or maybe for security. Its not unreasonable for them to freeze any accounts with large balances in order to secure the liability into a cold storage. Not ideal but not unreasonable.

The reason for the lock was because of illegal content on their links.  Personally I'm okay with all sorts of pretty grey area things but it's stuff that I don't even want to mention for the sake of his credibility of a webmaster.  Straight up no-go, I remember now seeing advertisers complain about it.  I'd rather just pay him out his balance and block that domain from even showing up on the network than be associated with that kind of content.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:17:49 AM

The reason for the lock was because of illegal content on their links.  Personally I'm okay with all sorts of pretty grey area things but it's stuff that I don't even want to mention for the sake of his credibility of a webmaster.  Straight up no-go, I remember now seeing advertisers complain about it.  I'd rather just pay him out his balance and block that domain from even showing up on the network than be associated with that kind of content.

Be careful you don't violate your own policies by describing what the OP did wrong... handle private information more carefully, unless you plan to modify your terms to say certain violations will be public knowledge...

If what you posted is true, you've basically called the OP a lair, since he violated your terms.

Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:48:28 AM

Same here, after accumulating for weeks the 0.01 so I can withdraw, after withdrawing and pending now I cannot access my account.
Keep the 0.01 you probably need it more, you guys are waste of time.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 02:13:45 AM

I made the error of letting my earnings balance accumulate to a pretty significant amount on CoinURL.
Today, out of nowhere I see my account has been banned, perhaps because the balance has grown large enough that they would go as far as to prevent me from withdrawing it

This post serves as a warning to anyone who uses the (CoinURL) service.  I will continue to post updates here.

*The first point don't hold your balance from coinurl and waiting high amount to Withdraw
*are you use bot to increase your visitor of your website ? like hitleap imacros or something like that ?

whether you have already contacted ? Smiley

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: