Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:42:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [VOTE] Which country is most advanced in cryptography. China, Russia or the U.S?
China - 0 (0%)
Russia - 0 (0%)
U.S. - 1 (33.3%)
I'm not sure. - 0 (0%)
Other - 2 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VOTE] Which country is most advanced in cryptography. China, Russia or the U.S?  (Read 1359 times)
no-ice-please (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:39:02 PM

Most of the big crypto jumps seem to come from Chinese. Does the way their language is organized and written make them better at working with certain kinds of number problems?

http://killring.org/2014/01/05/how-broken-is-sha1/
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:58:12 PM

Most of the big crypto jumps seem to come from Chinese. Does the way their language is organized and written make them better at working with certain kinds of number problems?

I think the chinese language is very complicated but, asians on average have higher IQ by +15 points than western people.

(I`m a western guy with 150 IQ)

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:20:09 PM

The link you posted have nothing to do cryptography in different countries? I think the country with the best mathematicians wins the cryptography race.
GreenStox

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:25:02 PM

The link you posted have nothing to do cryptography in different countries? I think the country with the best mathematicians wins the cryptography race.

I`m not sure about China, but i`m sure that (east) Asians on average have higher IQ and mental discipline so i`m sure they got the most advanced cryptography aswell.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
no-ice-please (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:30:08 PM

I think the chinese language is very complicated but, asians on average have higher IQ by +15 points than western people.

That's a separate issue. Race and intelligence do not correlate unless you ignore the most important variables, like social practices, regional differences etc, and then compare them within a very narrow paradigm for example intelligence = IQ test. I'm a western guy with 100% IQ.

GreenStox

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:37:02 PM

That's a separate issue. Race and intelligence do not correlate unless you ignore the most important variables, like social practices, regional differences etc, and then compare them within a very narrow paradigm for example intelligence = IQ test. I'm a western guy with 100% IQ.

Yes it actually does, because its a genetic subgroup of humans, that evolved isolated. Before 1300 we had barely contacts with Asia, so they evolved separately from the western world.

When it comes to intelligence its 60% genetics 30% social enviroment and 10% training.

Genetics ✓
Social enviroment: Very rational, objectivist, strict and disciplined ✓
Training: Asian education system is very innovative and strict, they definitely will train your brain ✓

Perfect recipe for high IQ. Also if you dont believe me, check any study, there are plenty of them that prove it.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:51:48 PM

I`m not sure about China, but i`m sure that (east) Asians on average have higher IQ and mental discipline so i`m sure they got the most advanced cryptography aswell.

Some of the asians I have met are clever and very well educated. Are all asians more intelligent? I cannot say. There is a different between "well trained" and "truly gifted" if you see what I mean.
no-ice-please (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:00:19 AM

Yes it actually does, because its a genetic subgroup of humans, that evolved isolated. Before 1300 we had barely contacts with Asia, so they evolved separately from the western world.

When it comes to intelligence its 60% genetics 30% social enviroment and 10% training.

Genetics ✓
Social enviroment: Very rational, objectivist, strict and disciplined ✓
Training: Asian education system is very innovative and strict, they definitely will train your brain ✓

Perfect recipe for high IQ. Also if you dont believe me, check any study, there are plenty of them that prove it.

Alright. But you are talking about intelligence, as measured by a very narrow test.
Another measure of intelligence is brain to body mass ratio. Chinese score very low on that test, as do all humans. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain-to-body_mass_ratio

The only way to measure "intelligence" as it applies strictly to cryptography is to measure cryptographic skills.

My opinion is that the national group 'Chinese' are kicking the shit out of us in that area. My speculation is that it has to do with how their language is ordered and written and so on. If that is accurate then groups with similar language types would also do well in cryptography.

A reason for my speculation is that they use single characters to portray words, like creating an alphabet of words with tens of thousands of characters. In English, for example, you must 'know' tens of thousands of words to communicate, but to write you only need to know 26 written letters.

In my opinion the differences in intelligence between any two groups decreases the more you know about the lesser group. In other words measurements of intelligence are only commentaries by the ones measuring, a way to say 'such and such is intelligence in my estimation'.

So again, my opinion is that having to learn the written pictograph of tens of thousands of words is an exercise that helps the cryptography portion of the brain.
GreenStox

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:30:23 AM

Some of the asians I have met are clever and very well educated. Are all asians more intelligent? I cannot say. There is a different between "well trained" and "truly gifted" if you see what I mean.

Apologize for my rudeness, but nobody cares about your opinion, its a scientific fact, go search on google, plenty of tests have proven that asians have higher IQ, on average, than other sub-races, on average.

Alright. But you are talking about intelligence, as measured by a very narrow test.
Another measure of intelligence is brain to body mass ratio. Chinese score very low on that test, as do all humans. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain-to-body_mass_ratio

The only way to measure "intelligence" as it applies strictly to cryptography is to measure cryptographic skills.

My opinion is that the national group 'Chinese' are kicking the shit out of us in that area. My speculation is that it has to do with how their language is ordered and written and so on. If that is accurate then groups with similar language types would also do well in cryptography.

A reason for my speculation is that they use single characters to portray words, like creating an alphabet of words with tens of thousands of characters. In English, for example, you must 'know' tens of thousands of words to communicate, but to write you only need to know 26 written letters.

In my opinion the differences in intelligence between any two groups decreases the more you know about the lesser group. In other words measurements of intelligence are only commentaries by the ones measuring, a way to say 'such and such is intelligence in my estimation'.

So again, my opinion is that having to learn the written pictograph of tens of thousands of words is an exercise that helps the cryptography portion of the brain.

Yes there are many definitions of intelligence, and many aspects of it, but what I was refering to is: problem solving & logics, perhaps pattern recognition, that part is needed to be developed to be a good cryptographer.

And there are IQ tests specifically designed for that. Also the average IQ test with those pattern recognition tests are a good way to measure that.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
no-ice-please (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:10:07 AM

Apologize for my rudeness, but nobody cares about your opinion, its a scientific fact, go search on google, plenty of tests have proven that asians have higher IQ, on average, than other sub-races, on average.

Yes there are many definitions of intelligence, and many aspects of it, but what I was refering to is: problem solving & logics, perhaps pattern recognition, that part is needed to be developed to be a good cryptographer.

And there are IQ tests specifically designed for that. Also the average IQ test with those pattern recognition tests are a good way to measure that.

In other words, you are saying "They are good at cryptography because they are good at cryptography".

I can't really argue with that.

Why do you think they are good at cryptography?
KryptonS

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:10:33 AM

China as they have higher IQs and not to be rasict or anything many people from the Asian Continent such as Chinese people are amazing at math.

freakying99

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:10:47 AM

I want an option for USA.. What kind of shitty poll is this! Fix that shit op!
GreenStox

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:23:41 AM

In other words, you are saying "They are good at cryptography because they are good at cryptography".

I can't really argue with that.

Why do you think they are good at cryptography?

I already answered that, the "why" lies in genetics and the strict and rational enviroment Asians live in.

The proof is the many many research that is well documented if you search on wikipedia or google.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
achow101_alt

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:49:16 AM

As an Asian, I would like to step in.
China as they have higher IQs and not to be rasict or anything many people from the Asian Continent such as Chinese people are amazing at math.
Chinese are typically good at Math because of the emphasis and focus on learning Math. This is probably because of the current situation of China, where they focus very greatly on Math and the sciences since these are all things that are guaranteed to make money. The greed for insane wealth drives this, and the availability of high paying jobs involving math and science puts more pressure for Asian children to do well in these subjects in school. I'm sure if there were many available and high paying jobs in the arts that Asian parents would pressure their children to do well in the arts too.

I don't think that the alphabet and memorization of words helps with understanding logic and cryptography. It would be more of the syntax and structure of the language. If anything, I would think that people who know Latin would be better cryptographers because Latin is a very precise language, with a very specific syntax and structure. It is logically built and the ordering of words in Latin can be very important. This aspect I feel would make good cryptographers.

Overall, I think that China probably is better at cryptography since they have a population trained very highly in math. Also, China has a larger population, so they can use more people to develop cryptography than other countries would.

Tip Me!: 1AQx99s7q1wVinbgXbA48BaZQVWpHe5gYM | My PGP Key: Fingerprint 0x17565732E08E5E41
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 03:11:08 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 03:21:15 AM by Vod

We had another poster who claimed he was smarter than 99.9% of the population.  We called him dank.   Wink

(BTW, looking through your past posts, you make a lot of grammatical errors for someone who thinks he is the smartest person in a room of a thousand people.  You may want to watch those errors more closely since people will judge you by your actions and not your claims...)

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
GreenStox

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:54:34 AM

We had another poster who claimed he was smarter than 99.9% of the population.  We called him dank.   Wink

(BTW, looking through your past posts, you make a lot of grammatical errors for someone who thinks he is the smartest person in a room of a thousand people.  You may want to watch those errors more closely since people will judge you by your actions and not your claims...)

My native language is not english, and I speak 4 languages pretty well. Sorry that I can't keep up with arbitrary rules that a few bookworms came up with.

Sorry I just can't stop myself finding nonsense and exposing it.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 03:57:35 AM

My native language is not english, and I speak 4 languages pretty well. Sorry that I can't keep up with arbitrary rules that a few bookworms came up with.

Sorry I just can't stop myself finding nonsense and exposing it.

Ah, I mistakenly believed you were a native English speaker by your use of "western" in your description.  My bad - sorry.

You should join Mensa (the high IQ society).  The first thing they will tell you is not to brag about your IQ, because it makes people believe the opposite.  Smiley

https://www.mensa.org/

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
GreenStox

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:06:28 AM

Ah, I mistakenly believed you were a native English speaker by your use of "western" in your description.  My bad - sorry.

You should join Mensa (the high IQ society).  The first thing they will tell you is not to brag about your IQ, because it makes people believe the opposite.  Smiley

https://www.mensa.org/

Western means Europe and North America, I`m from Europe. Nah I`m fine, I don't like hanging out with other  high IQ people because they are too blinded by the complexity of their philosophy, some of us are really viewing the world too complicated when actually it isn't. This was the first thing that I realized, that (on average) the higher IQ a person has the more harder things become for him because he cannot think in simpler terms:

Similar tho this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

Then again, other high IQ people are collectivists, which I`m not, i`m libertarian/voluntaryst.

☭ Karl Marx  had an IQ of 143 ☭  Cheesy

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 04:10:07 AM

Western means Europe and North America, I`m from Europe.

"Western" usually means the American continent - both North and South (yes, there is a South America!).   Smiley

GreenStox

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:14:00 AM

Western means Europe and North America, I`m from Europe.

"Western" usually means the American continent - both North and South (yes, there is a South America!).   Smiley

No thats not true, western means western culture, or europe and their colonies that have succeeded. Yes sometimes South America can be considered but they didnt adopted the western culture by that much extent.

"In the contemporary cultural meaning, the phrase "Western world" includes Europe, as well as many countries of European colonial origin with substantial European ancestral populations in the Americas, Asia and Oceania." (Wikipedia)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL