Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin BillPay?  (Read 1828 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 01:47:25 PM

Are there any services now or upcoming that will offer a bill pay service?

I am thinking something like, I fill in a form with address and account number with the date and amount to send. Then I get the amount of BTC into the BTC address by that date and it gets sent out as a check.

I would be willing to pay 1% for that. With over $3k in bills every month that would be an easy $30 per month per person for a company to set up.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 02:58:03 PM

Bitinstant is working on exactly this.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 04:36:53 PM

Sweet. So I will be able to have a BitInstant credit card for day to day spending of my BTC, and a BitInstant bill pay for paying my bills.

And if I wanted to I could get my pay check in paper form and cash it at Walmart only to turn around and deposit that cash at Walmart to BitInstant turning it into Bitcoins.

Why use a bank anymore?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 06:11:52 PM

Sweet. So I will be able to have a BitInstant credit card for day to day spending of my BTC, and a BitInstant bill pay for paying my bills.

And if I wanted to I could get my pay check in paper form and cash it at Walmart only to turn around and deposit that cash at Walmart to BitInstant turning it into Bitcoins.

Why use a bank anymore?

once i had my bank card cloned and about 700$ was charged on it

the bank saw right away what was happening called me, and asked me to fill out a paper to get my money back.

until bitcoin can offer the same kind of comfort... I'm still going to have a bank account

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 07:17:36 PM

Why use a bank anymore?

once i had my bank card cloned and about 700$ was charged on it

the bank saw right away what was happening called me, and asked me to fill out a paper to get my money back.

until bitcoin can offer the same kind of comfort... I'm still going to have a bank account

Would you feel comfortable having a multisig/encrypted wallet somewhere on the Internet where you are required to enter a password any time you need to put money on your card?

With a bitcoin debit card the only way I could see someone stealing $700 is if you are about to purchase something worth $700, you transfer the BTC to your card and then someone who cloned it swipes the card before you.

citboin

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 02:11:46 PM

Do banks have any policies against using billpay to pay out people who sent you bitcoin?
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 02:48:15 PM

I'm not sure if there's a demand for this service, since bank billpay is pretty easy and free.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 03:27:32 PM

I'm not sure if there's a demand for this service, since bank billpay is pretty easy and free.

There is plenty of demand. If I have bitcoins and need to pay my gas/water/electric/whatever bill, then I either need a BTC billpay service, or I need to convert BTC to fiat, get that into my bank, then use the bank bill pay. I would much rather pay 1.5% for someone to accept BTC and pay my bill rather than either take a lot of time to get money in my bank, or pay 1.5% and have to do a bit of leg work to get BTC into cash, then that cash deposited.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2012, 04:55:35 PM

There is plenty of demand. If I have bitcoins and need to pay my gas/water/electric/whatever bill, then I either need a BTC billpay service, or I need to convert BTC to fiat, get that into my bank, then use the bank bill pay. I would much rather pay 1.5% for someone to accept BTC and pay my bill rather than either take a lot of time to get money in my bank, or pay 1.5% and have to do a bit of leg work to get BTC into cash, then that cash deposited.

Should be ready pretty soon

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2012, 08:06:11 PM

Should be ready pretty soon

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 09:21:41 PM

You are assuming that the guy has his entire liquid asset in Bitcoins and not much money in the bank. I can certainly see a few people doing this, but I don't think most people here has their entire liquid asset in Bitcoins.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2012, 11:02:05 PM

You are assuming that the guy has his entire liquid asset in Bitcoins and not much money in the bank. I can certainly see a few people doing this, but I don't think most people here has their entire liquid asset in Bitcoins.

Total or relative balances of either aren't that important for this. If you have bitcoins you want to get rid of and bills to pay it could work for you.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 28, 2012, 12:25:35 AM

Having a service like this available would make people more willing to hold liquid assets in bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: