Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC and invoice  (Read 1906 times)
chalkboard17 (OP)

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:54:14 AM

For the past entire weekend I researched on the subject but didn't have much success. I live in Brazil and import tax is 65% + 18% state tax + 6% VAT + wrong usd conversion + courier fees + government will overtax, meaning it will raise the value based on tax regardless of being changed or not. They will just assume everyone does so.
All in all, import tax wouldn't be less than 120%, at minimum. Meaning I buy a miner for me and luckly one miner and half for my corrupt government. If you were unsatisfied with your 15% import tax, guess how do I feel with my tax.

Here is a link to prove what I am saying: http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/192354003/. You may also research further on the subject if you want. This money will entirely go straight into politicians' pockets and also be used to strict my freedom further.

What I would like to know is if is there anyone or any company that could lower invoice notes when shipping. I am not asking for discount or anything, just instead of declaring a miner for example $350 just say it actually cost $30 so I can fight back against this theft done by government mafia. I'd still pay same price to seller.
I tried tirelessly to contact bitmain but they wouldn't do it although they ask their customers to do it when asking for returned products.
I have access to cheap energy and really would like to mine myself. I expect to purchase at least 3th/s per week permanently.

State lovers please back off with criticism. You only get to pay 1/7 of what I would pay.
Thank you, if necessary please PM me.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 03:09:49 AM

I am not asking for discount or anything, just instead of declaring a miner for example $350 just say it actually cost $30 so I can fight back against this theft done by government mafia. I'd still pay same price to seller.

+ government will overtax, meaning it will raise the value based on tax regardless of being changed or not. They will just assume everyone does so.

Yeah, no.

Your best bet is cloud mining if import duties are so high.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:12:26 AM

For the past entire weekend I researched on the subject but didn't have much success. I live in Brazil and import tax is 65% + 18% state tax + 6% VAT + wrong usd conversion + courier fees + government will overtax, meaning it will raise the value based on tax regardless of being changed or not. They will just assume everyone does so.
All in all, import tax wouldn't be less than 120%, at minimum. Meaning I buy a miner for me and luckly one miner and half for my corrupt government. If you were unsatisfied with your 15% import tax, guess how do I feel with my tax.

Look into hosting centers without the taxes.  With that amount of taxes it kills any chance of ROI.

I love to have asics by me and able to play with but with tax like that it's just not going to be possible.  There are lots of hosting centers with no import tax.
chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:41:20 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 07:01:32 AM by chalkboard17

I have very cheap energy by doing a deal with the company I work for and I also have another outstanding possible energy deal. I wanna have my miners by me. I wouldn't feel they are my actual property if I hadn't them close by me. Kinda like having bitcoin in exchanges. This isn't an option for me at all.
I already said I want to mine myself.

If anybody/company knows of/is willing to sell me with lower invoice, please do let me know. I am sure other people would want that too.
My very only issue is high and corrupt tax. I am actually surprised chinese companies dealing with something supposed to be libertarian aren't giving a shit about me just because it would take them a few seconds to write a label just for me. In any other business they gladly lower the invoice, even big companies.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:23:40 AM

If anybody/company knows of/is willing to sell me with lower invoice, please do let me know. I am sure other people would want that too.

You will not find a legit company to make a false invoice.    It is not really a good option.

If you find someone who does it you know they are willing to break laws, so not necessary the best person to deal with.
chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:45:23 AM

I knew this would happen, so I am going to set this straight already, again:
I want hardware to be mine, at my eye sight.
I want to mine myself.
I have access to cheap energy.
I have a 120% outrageous import tax to a corporation that will do NOTHING but steal my money and strip my freedom. They won't do anything. I get in with the money, shipper gets in with the logistics and seller gets in hardware. Government is not necessary to get in with their guns pointed to my head. I don't want this thread to be a statism lover paradise praising you should abide to all laws and love government. It's easier to judge when you pay 15% import tax instead of 120% (at best!)

If anyone knows of any corporation or person that sells used or new hardware with lower invoice, please do let us know. I am sure other people will be interested too.
Thank you.

PS: If anybody reading this and thinking of scam me, don't waste your time. I won't do a escrow-less trade with an unknown person/corporation, nor am I stupid.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:48:45 AM

I want to mine myself.
I have a 120% outrageous import tax to a corporation that will do NOTHING but steal my money and strip my freedom. They won't do anything. I get in with the money, shipper gets in with the logistics and seller gets in hardware. Government is not necessary to get in with their guns pointed to my head. I don't want this thread to be a statism lover paradise praising you should abide to all laws and love government. It's easier to judge when you pay 15% import tax instead of 120% (at best!)

If anyone knows of any corporation or person that sells used or new hardware with lower invoice, please do let us know. I am sure other people will be interested too.
Thank you.

PS: If anybody reading this and thinking of scam me, don't waste your time. I won't do a escrow-less trade with an unknown person/corporation, nor am I stupid.

So you are looking for someone to falsify documents to avoid governmental taxes?

Is this correct looking for someone to break laws for your to save money?
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:06:18 AM

I want to mine myself.

Thank you.

So you are looking for someone to falsify documents to avoid governmental taxes?

Is this correct looking for someone to break laws for your to save money?

Sounds like the gov f*cking people, can't blame the ppl for wanting to f*ck the gov back.  Besides, Bitmain used to send with shifty paperwork, as have others in the past.  I'm not sure if any are/will now though, OP would prob have better luck buying used from private sellers.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:16:44 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 06:02:22 AM by Bicknellski

Ummm buy used in country would that not solve the problem?

Not like you are going to buy a ton of miners so shop locally.

When we sold off our SP30's in Norway they were snapped up quickly. No importation taxes were a big reason they sold so quickly.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:24:04 AM

Ummm buy used in country would that not solve the problem?

Not like you are going to buy a tone of miners so shop locally.

That would be best solution.  With that you don't have to make false documents.

I just see lots of problems possibly.  What happens if it is caught for having to low of declared value?  Will OP or person sending it take the hit financially?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:50:02 AM

I am not asking for discount or anything, just instead of declaring a miner for example $350 just say it actually cost $30 so I can fight back against this theft done by government mafia. I'd still pay same price to seller.

+ government will overtax, meaning it will raise the value based on tax regardless of being changed or not. They will just assume everyone does so.

Yeah, no.

Your best bet is cloud mining if import duties are so high.

or used from a private party that can accomdate you on what to put on the invoices on shipping a miner into you

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:51:30 AM

I'd do it in a heartbeat....but alas,I have no miners to sell  Cry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:58:49 AM

I'd do it in a heartbeat....but alas,I have no miners to sell  Cry

how did it go...did you make enough coin on your miners to at least show ROI on paper with elec etc etc

me I'm pretty close....I may pull out of this my mistaken purchase of the 1st batch no refund no roi titan...found a 2nd titan at a price it will roi in 4.5 months (2 months to go)with elec
I hopefully can use that to lever out the 1st titan mistake...well at least on paper..(ego balm) still holding...also helps that LTC difficulty is lower then when I got the 1st Titan exactly 2 days short of 6 months ago..........my frigging home mining edeavors are like the old tv show LOST much confusion in the plot line..I just hope it turns out better then the tv series...

i've always been more of the dumb and lucky type with all this mining...but when these titans get to doorstop status I'm out

maybe ..maybe a 400 buck toy for the whirly lights and pretty LCD's as a baby miner....but thats it....I'm out... www.coinbase.com is my friend

so.......looking doable (if a squeaker)

ah what the heck .probably would have used the $$$$ to buy a bass boat ..and it probably would have 'sunk' anyway Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:17:19 AM

I know bitmain used to lower invoice, but now they unfortunately do it any longer. Seems EU has problem with it, but my country does not. All they would do is overcharge me and that's it.

I have no problem buying used 100% functional gear (naturally it would have to cost cheaper than brand new gear)
I created a new market thread here about it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1047203.0

I cannot purchase local because nearly nobody mine in my country, due to government putting too much tax on electricity and import (and everything else over here, this is the worst country in the world political-wise)
Those who want to sell gear will not be ready to sell for much less what they paid for because they also paid heavy taxes.

What happens if it is caught for having to low of declared value?  Will OP or person sending it take the hit financially?
Nothing happens. Government will just tax based on whatever they believe it is actually worth then, doing small or no research on its actual price. This would happen with lower invoice too most likely. I would take the hit, no problem. At least sender tried to help me.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███              
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 6365

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:26:01 AM

I see a few options.

1. Maybe you have a good friend - or somebody you trust and wants to help - and can buy the ASIC for you (with your money, I guess), in US, then re-send it to you, declaring smaller value.
But there's some risk: I live in such type of country too and, if the value is much smaller than the reality the post employees may "lose" it. And yeah, if it's broken, or if there are delivery problems, it's gonna be quite a problem between you and your friend.

2. (based on 1) If you are good on electronics and your friend is also good on electronics, maybe you can do something like sending the ASIC piece by piece, staying, maybe, under the minimum for tax and still not being a nice target fro theft at postal office.

It's a tough task. I wish you best of luck. Really.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
charles2k

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:54:33 AM

Some ASIC suppliers have no problem with lower value on invoice. But if any problem in transport (shipment lost/damaged) - insurance is then only for low value.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:03:05 PM

You live in the wrong country.
Shipping to Brazil

13,51 EURO  + 9,85 EURO  for every kilogram.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 11:52:08 PM

Only an idiot would ship anything to Brazil. In most instances, packages are "lost" and never arrive... whether the items are stolen by postal service employees or delivered but claimed to be lost by the buyer.

Just Google "eBay shipping to Brazil" for an interesting read.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:04:55 AM

Only an idiot would ship anything to Brazil. In most instances, packages are "lost" and never arrive... whether the items are stolen by postal service employees or delivered but claimed to be lost by the buyer.

Just Google "eBay shipping to Brazil" for an interesting read.

At least I'm not the only one to consider it a bad idea to send falsified packages to Brazil.  If it get's lost, damaged, etc and you put 30 dollars as he requested as value someone is going to be taking a big loss.

OP did not state if he would take the loss or if person shipping would be taking the loss.
chalkboard17 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:40:36 AM

There is no way for the buyer to claim he did not receive the package or tell it was lost. That's not how it works, do not talk what you have no idea of.
Regular postal service is handled by brazilian state company and since it's a service handled by the state it naturally is corrupt. Mailmen may be stolen by thieves in the street or mailman may steal the shipment himself. This would happen with cellphones and other things. I don't see how a mailman would be interested in an asic.
Courier service is handled by dhl,ems and fedex do not have such problems.

I would take the loss.
This topic is being nothing but derailed with false accusations and other things.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
                  ███       ▀▀        
                          ███         
               ███           ▀▀       
                     ███