Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:40:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Switzerland officially the happiest country on Earth  (Read 1619 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:02:01 AM

People in Britain are less happy than those in Australia, New Zealand or the US, but more contented than their peers in Germany, France and Spain, the 2015 World Happiness Report has found.

According to the new study, which examined factors including economics, psychology, health and public policy in 158 countries, Switzerland is officially the happiest country on Earth, followed by Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Canada.

Britain lagged behind in 21st place, up one place from last year’s survey. New Zealand at No 9, Australia 10, the United States 15, Germany 26, France 29, and Spain at 36.

First published in 2012, the World Happiness Report is an initiative of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Solutions Network, which ranks countries in terms of their population’s wellbeing and reflects the recent global interest in happiness as criteria for informing government policy.

More...http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/switzerland-officially-the-happiest-country-on-earth--with-britain-lagging-in-21st-place-10221591.html
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:00:43 AM

Why have every reason to be. They have very high standards and the country is beautiful.
I'm especially fond with their privacy laws. https://protonmail.ch/ is based in Switzerland!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3087

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:44:47 AM

5th place isn't bad at all out of 196 countries!

Can't say I'm all that happy (nothing to do with Canada) but I'm sure I'd be less happy living in other countries.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:36:50 AM

Of course they are happiest; they aren't in the EU  Wink
They live in a Libertarian society, and are governed by direct democracy.
The Swiss government do not interfere in everyone's lives - of course they are happy, they are FREE!

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:43:13 AM

Of course that Swiss are happy, there country had never been attacked in recent (1900+) history, they have great economy, they keep their natural environment very clean, and they got great food too (love chocolates).
On the bottom unsurprisingly are countries  that have been disturbed by countless conflicts, and/or despotic rules.
vencelylalas

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 08:53:58 AM

happy to hear that..switzerland deserves to be in this spot..i love this country so much Smiley
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 08:58:11 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 09:20:27 AM by Lethn

The only country in the world that officially supports Direct Democracy a system that properly represents it's citizens is happy? Who would have thought it! There's also Finland lets not forget, they're a country that actually have the balls to introduce a tax on the church which meant that religious families prayed at home and had much more fun with their time on Sundays than when the church had that much power over them.

Have you noticed? There seems to be a connection to removing corrupt organisations from power and citizens being happy.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:19:32 AM

It's interesting that Mexico is one place ahead of the US.
Yet, many Mexicans prefer to move to the US, while not too many Americans are moving to Mexico.

EDIT
The happiest countries in the world appear to be those who maintain a single culture where everyone can relate to each other.

Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:51:39 AM

Of course Scandinavian nations are happier ! They're the richest & can afford rich programs for their people. All the NWO Progressive Elite 1 %ers park their cash & build their Apocalypse Hideaways there.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 11:13:59 AM

Of course Scandinavian nations are happier ! They're the richest & can afford rich programs for their people. All the NWO Progressive Elite 1 %ers park their cash & build their Apocalypse Hideaways there.
Why are you going off topic? This thread is about Switzerland not the other two follow-ups, even though I like Sweden and Norway.

The only country in the world that officially supports Direct Democracy a system that properly represents it's citizens is happy? Who would have thought it! There's also Finland lets not forget, they're a country that actually have the balls to introduce a tax on the church which meant that religious families prayed at home and had much more fun with their time on Sundays than when the church had that much power over them.

Have you noticed? There seems to be a connection to removing corrupt organisations from power and citizens being happy.
Actually there was a study that I've read about. 9 out of 10 people there didn't know who they president was. The people said that they didn't care because whoever was doing the job was doing it right.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
SunBin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 11:18:20 AM

Switzerland chicks are hot. Of course the citizens are happy.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:54:27 PM

Of course they are happiest; they aren't in the EU  Wink

That is the main reason. Since they aren't in the EU, the taxes (both direct and the indirect ones) are much lower, and the people do have quite a bit of disposable income at their hand. The Swiss can happily enjoy their life, as the Germans and the French struggle to subsidize the Romanians and the Poles.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:19:45 PM

And it's only after they are old that they wished that they had more children... rather than simply all that practice.

Cheesy

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 04:11:44 PM

Life in general in Switzerland is more better than other countries because of this :

# Low Crime
# Low Taxes and High Salary
# High-quality education, but low cost
# Beautiful mountains and landscape
# Great food

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:27:57 PM

And it's only after they are old that they wished that they had more children... rather than simply all that practice.  Cheesy

That is right. Already more than 20% of the Swiss population is comprising of immigrants. And worse, most of them are from unproductive countries such as Turkey, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Albania.etc. In the future, this will put enormous strain on the Swiss resources, and might reduce the overall quality of living in Switzerland.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:42:06 PM

Do the have legal cannabis in Switzerland?

No?

This study is wrong.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:41:36 PM

Yes, Switzerland is one of the best place in the world. I'm staying there several weeks each year, but I'm afraid it's getting worse and worse because of immigration. There are the ugly Russians who think they own the world because they're so bloody rich, the loud Arabs with their wives fully veiled, and the Romanians/Kosovars/Albanians, those people where the men are thieves (at best) and the women, prostitutes (at best).

None of these folks respect traditional, conservative, Swiss values.

There are growing immigration problems, and I guess it can only be solved by a more careful selection of who is allowed to get in, but Switzerland has lost all its rights there. Yes, the country isn't part of the EU, but it's part of the Schengen area, so all the boat people from Libya who have arrived in Italy can freely travel to Switzerland. They won't have the right to settle down, but I'm sure plenty will.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:17:27 AM

Yes, Switzerland is one of the best place in the world. I'm staying there several weeks each year, but I'm afraid it's getting worse and worse because of immigration. There are the ugly Russians who think they own the world because they're so bloody rich, the loud Arabs with their wives fully veiled, and the Romanians/Kosovars/Albanians, those people where the men are thieves (at best) and the women, prostitutes (at best).

There are growing immigration problems, and I guess it can only be solved by a more careful selection of who is allowed to get in, but Switzerland has lost all its rights there. Yes, the country isn't part of the EU, but it's part of the Schengen area, so all the boat people from Libya who have arrived in Italy can freely travel to Switzerland. They won't have the right to settle down, but I'm sure plenty will.

It surprises me that Switzerland risks from getting swamped by the immigrants, even when the fiercely anti-immigrant Swiss People's Party is the largest faction in the parliament. Perhaps the other coalition members (esp. the Social Democratic Party) are forcing them to accept migrants, as they don't have a majority on their own.
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:01:24 AM

I think I'll carry on living in a more miserable place. The Swiss I've interacted with all seemed to be closet fascists and more than slightly uptight but maybe I met the wrong ones.

Don't know about them being facists. But ponctuality is a big thing. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7415455.stm It's almost comical.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:30:12 AM

It surprises me that Switzerland risks from getting swamped by the immigrants, even when the fiercely anti-immigrant Swiss People's Party is the largest faction in the parliament. Perhaps the other coalition members (esp. the Social Democratic Party) are forcing them to accept migrants, as they don't have a majority on their own.

Being part of Schengen area means that they have some obligations that they must fulfil. Switzerland was hermetic society for many years so now it's difficult for them to adapt immigrants. Also the fact that EU doesn't have any sufficient regulations regarding immigrants from outside  Schengen borders doesn't help.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: