Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:14:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Lying deposit takers, and the reasons why  (Read 7080 times)
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:34:49 PM

and now HK is in default....

More like insolvent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 02:02:31 AM

More like insolvent.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 02:13:14 AM

More like insolvent.

if he can't pay his bills on time, then to me he is in default.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:31:26 AM

The package is just being opened.  Anyone claiming to know "the truth" is defending a position in which they have a vested interest.

I'm glad to see more people taking a rational approach and not fabricating nonsense.  It's not as if everything will remain secret forever and there aren't any points for guessing right at this time.

There are only 2 positions that an invested person, SUCH AS YOURSELF, can be part of:

1) Coward, in fear of losing it 'all'....showing your constant public support for Trendon, so that YOU are paid out in the end based on accumulated brownie points.

2) Insider, with knowledge of what is actually happening, hence no reason for you to panic like the rest of the investors....acting smug and laughing at all of us, this entire time.

There is NO OPTION 3.... The 'Level Headed, Faith-having, Trusting option that has no fear'.

Pick a side.

blazing

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 03:49:11 AM

The package is just being opened.  Anyone claiming to know "the truth" is defending a position in which they have a vested interest.

I'm glad to see more people taking a rational approach and not fabricating nonsense.  It's not as if everything will remain secret forever and there aren't any points for guessing right at this time.

There are only 2 positions that an invested person, SUCH AS YOURSELF, can be part of:

1) Coward, in fear of losing it 'all'....showing your constant public support for Trendon, so that YOU are paid out in the end based on accumulated brownie points.

2) Insider, with knowledge of what is actually happening, hence no reason for you to panic like the rest of the investors....acting smug and laughing at all of us, this entire time.

There is NO OPTION 3.... The 'Level Headed, Faith-having, Trusting option that has no fear'.

Pick a side.

One other option. Turning off the computer, going outside and enjoying what you have left...
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:50:10 AM

I don't have to.  I have lent to pirate, and my balance is much higher than yours, but it's not enough for me to stress about.  I have a life and family.  I have a busy professional life.  Bitcoin is a hobby, as is this forum and IRC.

I've made decisions that have resulted in my "losing" or at least "losing out" on much more than I have with pirate.  It's part of keeping one's eyes open for opportunities.  This "investment" was more passive than usual, so I feel less bad about losing it, if that were to happen.

You're wound up over what, a Honda Accord?  A nice trip to Paris for a couple weeks?  I hate to tell you this, but much worse shit will happen to you in your life.  Being crazy on a forum is not going to help you _at all_.  If you're planning legal action, good, at least you're doing _something_ other than attacking people who have nothing to do with your choices.

So, to you, this is simply a 'Lesson' to add to your grand life's collection of insight ?

Do you intend to let him get away with this ? Judging by your comments, I think that you are in fact feeling bad for him and will allow him to simply walk away from this, as you must be thinking 'big picture' where he must also be a victim, correct ?

reeses
Donator

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:10:15 AM

I don't have to.  I have lent to pirate, and my balance is much higher than yours, but it's not enough for me to stress about.  I have a life and family.  I have a busy professional life.  Bitcoin is a hobby, as is this forum and IRC.

I've made decisions that have resulted in my "losing" or at least "losing out" on much more than I have with pirate.  It's part of keeping one's eyes open for opportunities.  This "investment" was more passive than usual, so I feel less bad about losing it, if that were to happen.

You're wound up over what, a Honda Accord?  A nice trip to Paris for a couple weeks?  I hate to tell you this, but much worse shit will happen to you in your life.  Being crazy on a forum is not going to help you _at all_.  If you're planning legal action, good, at least you're doing _something_ other than attacking people who have nothing to do with your choices.

So, to you, this is simply a 'Lesson' to add to your grand life's collection of insight ?

Do you intend to let him get away with this ? Judging by your comments, I think that you are in fact feeling bad for him and will allow him to simply walk away from this, as you must be thinking 'big picture' where he must also be a victim, correct ?

a) Yes, this whole experience will be added to the lessons I've learned while being dragged through life. (Which doesn't last forever.)  We'll see what the lesson will be as this story unfolds.

b) He's not getting away with anything yet.  I've waited longer for invoices from clients and they've paid.  I know he's not having a good time and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.  I imagine he's avoiding the computer right now because it's a source of pure negative energy.  I hope he is able to formulate a plan to get things sorted out.  I would appreciate hearing from him about this, but given that he's missed a few dates by a fair margin, the silver lining is that I'm not waiting for him to say something on date x.

c) I don't know if he's a victim or not.  Given the few conversations I've had with him about his business1, I could see how he could be a victim or a person who overextended himself and made poor decisions.  Again, he has the opportunity to sort things out.  I think we can all agree that he has a big enough ego that he won't be able to disappear forever. :-)

d) I do feel bad for him regarding the threats against his person.  I would not want to be in his position with talk of molotov cocktails and who knows what in private messages.  My wife and I went through a scare with MS13 that shook us up for a while, and we don't have kids to protect.  It must be much more concerning to have credible threats in that situation.

That said, it's early, and I try not to project or speculate too much on what people are thinking or planning.

1. The conversation involved a discussion of a lower-cost source of btc that happened to be in my general area, but I did not have details about pricing, identity, or anything else.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:29:11 AM

Fine.
I will say it, but never mention it again...and most likely DELETE this comment...LOL

It is extremely difficult to fight with someone as level headed as you reeses. You take all of the fun out of it and you are in fact a much better person than I am. You have no idea how difficult it is to be defeated by kind words, so in closing, I would feel a whole lot better if you could atleast ONCE just tell me to FUCK OFF Wink

bitlane.

reeses
Donator

Activity: 151

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:01:17 AM

bitlane.

(quote trimmed for plausible deniability)

I pray each night that god will move me into a parallel universe where your father drove right by your mother and didn't stop for a two-dollar fuck-and-suck special.

Since the probability of that is 1 and 0, the best I can do is offer to shove a ball of barbed wire up your gaping fart-talker while you give a rusty trombone to the orangutan that gave us HIV.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:03:09 AM

THAT...was awesome Wink

zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 02:29:31 PM

Pick a side.

Zyk happily announces that he has choosen the heretofore non - existant option number 3 !

Watch my ignorants counter and lets see, if we can be lucky enough to make even bitlane acknowledging, that there are still some worthwhile inventions

to be added to bitcoinworld Wink

Cheers Zyk

chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:13:47 PM

updated.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 05:42:33 PM

4. imsaguy. Supposedly invests in mining hardware. But somehow, he got caught in the pirate mess too. Also, both imsaguy and HashKing said they need 3 years to pay back. Coincidence or planned?

To be determined:
1. Kluge. I was in a skype chat room with all the above guys. Started to ask imsaguy question about what is his REAL plan to repay investors. In the end, I got kicked out by Kluge.
This doesn't mean Kluge is a scam, but that is enough reason to believe Kluge is planning with the above guys.

I was trying to explain it to you.  The 3 year plan was if I liquidated the mining gear now.  The gear is clearly worth more if it continues to mine.  I suspended dividends so that they could be used to expand the hardware and keep EIEIO profitable.  Its essentially a short term haircut which should keep the dividends going longer.  You couldn't shutup long enough to actually grasp that concept.  I ask you questions about what I had stated in my posting and you couldn't answer them, even though you claimed to have read it.   I think you skimmed it, saw only a few key words and then started to spew your mouth without have a clear grasp of what was going on.  kluge removed you  because you were being obstinate and completely unreasonable.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Frankie

Activity: 206

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:52:26 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 06:05:55 PM by Frankie

1. Nckrazze. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81927.0
He stated the deposits are NOT placed in BTCST funds. But due to BTCST default, now he is UNABLE to pay back.
If the funds are not placed in BTCST, then what does BTCST default have anything to do with his ability to pay back?

This is easy: he could have been running his own Ponzi scheme, and when Pirate defaulted, everyone tried to exit all the HYIP shit on this forum, causing his scheme to fail as well.

OR: he could have been running a legitimate business that needs some time to unwind due to the liquidity crisis Pirate's default caused. imsaguy suggests this is the case with him. Although, honestly, I think it's safe to assume anyone purporting to pay 100%+ annual interest is some sort of scammer, whether on their own or via Pirate.

I would not be surprised if some of these funds falsely claim to have invested in Pirate so they can pose as Pirate victims rather than pure scammers. Surely it takes heat of you to pass the buck to a mythological Pirate account.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:19:43 PM

To be determined:
1. Kluge. I was in a skype chat room with all the above guys. Started to ask imsaguy question about what is his REAL plan to repay investors. In the end, I got kicked out by Kluge.
This doesn't mean Kluge is a scam, but that is enough reason to believe Kluge is planning with the above guys.
I can confirm the kicking as true. I did it a few minutes after waking up and looking at my screen.

[8:57:18 AM] Ben Malec: Fuck, guys. We have work to do. I don't have time, anymore, to scroll through a page of bickering to find information. Both of you get timeout until I have the time to remember you.
[8:57:28 AM] *** Ben Malec removed [chungenhung] from this conversation. ***

My ISP only allots me 350MB/day. I only have 24 hours a day to live. I only have a very limited amount of patience right now. I'm trying to actually find updates in the room, and it's just line after line after line of antagonistic bullshit (toward at least two others on top of Nick). I don't mind irrelevant crap when someone's blowing off steam, but trying to dump drama on top of an already-stressful situation - damn!

Anyway -- yes, as I've already stated publicly, I'm working with Nick to get a solution hammered out. Probably, we'll lock a new loan in USD at a rate more appropriate for the currency, and then he'll use the USD to buy BTC to pay as necessary. That's not in stone, though.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:25:28 AM

Kluge: You, personally, are an idiot. Thinking oh herp derp, I r bankr nao --that's idiocy. Going around now acting like you're some sort of noteworthy character doing things, wheeling and dealing and so forth is risible. You are simply an idiot that helped a bunch of lambs to the slaughter.

Oh, Mr. Citizen Banker-Dentist thinks being called an idiot in a public forum for having been an idiot is unfair and unwarranted? Bully for you. Oh, your mommy always told you you're great and you fart runny rose water? Bully for her. Nobody else cares. What you are is a guy that helped a bunch of lambs to the slaughter.

So drop the pretense, get on your hands and knees and face the music. Oh, he can't take the "pure negativity". Why did you associate with a ponzi if you knew you couldn't take the negativity? Why did you pretend yourself a banker when you're nothing of the sort? What do you think happens to people that play pretend?

Go ahead, whine about how openness is a bad thing because idiots get to be called out and "it's just unfair". So very impressive. And when you're done with that, we can laugh at you over the kronos fiasco, too. 

Un-fucking-believable, the nerve of you idiots. "Limited amount of patience", the gall.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:27:16 AM

Add Nessie to the list. http://nessieneedstrefity.tumblr.com/

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:07:54 AM

bitlane.

(quote trimmed for plausible deniability)

I pray each night that god will move me into a parallel universe where your father drove right by your mother and didn't stop for a two-dollar fuck-and-suck special.

Since the probability of that is 1 and 0, the best I can do is offer to shove a ball of barbed wire up your gaping fart-talker while you give a rusty trombone to the orangutan that gave us HIV.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:15:36 PM

To be determined:
I can confirm the kicking as true. I did it a few minutes after waking up and looking at my screen.

[8:57:18 AM] Ben Malec: Fuck, guys. We have work to do. I don't have time, anymore, to scroll through a page of bickering to find information. Both of you get timeout until I have the time to remember you.
[8:57:28 AM] *** Ben Malec removed [chungenhung] from this conversation. ***

My ISP only allots me 350MB/day. I only have 24 hours a day to live. I only have a very limited amount of patience right now. I'm trying to actually find updates in the room, and it's just line after line after line of antagonistic bullshit (toward at least two others on top of Nick). I don't mind irrelevant crap when someone's blowing off steam, but trying to dump drama on top of an already-stressful situation - damn!

Anyway -- yes, as I've already stated publicly, I'm working with Nick to get a solution hammered out. Probably, we'll lock a new loan in USD at a rate more appropriate for the currency, and then he'll use the USD to buy BTC to pay as necessary. That's not in stone, though.
Good to know. One thing puzzles me is that the chat room have had a lot of useless chatter prior to my rant, but that doesn't seem to bother you?
Maybe my rant that night was a LOT more than the usual useless chatter.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:18:55 PM

4. imsaguy. Supposedly invests in mining hardware. But somehow, he got caught in the pirate mess too. Also, both imsaguy and HashKing said they need 3 years to pay back. Coincidence or planned?

To be determined:

I was trying to explain it to you.  The 3 year plan was if I liquidated the mining gear now.  The gear is clearly worth more if it continues to mine.  I suspended dividends so that they could be used to expand the hardware and keep EIEIO profitable.  Its essentially a short term haircut which should keep the dividends going longer.  You couldn't shutup long enough to actually grasp that concept.  I ask you questions about what I had stated in my posting and you couldn't answer them, even though you claimed to have read it.   I think you skimmed it, saw only a few key words and then started to spew your mouth without have a clear grasp of what was going on.  kluge removed you  because you were being obstinate and completely unreasonable.
Could you explain why both you and hashking decided to stop paying at around the same time?
I understand the concept towards the end of our chat. But bottom line is....., the end result is the same. You are not paying dividends and no principal gets returned. At least at this moment.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: