Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:28:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going on at blockchain.info ?  (Read 1499 times)
RocketSingh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:09:56 PM

I am using blockchain.info API to receive payment. Since yesterday, they have stopped forwarding funds. Does anyone know what is going on ?

virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:17:03 PM

I am using blockchain.info API to receive payment. Since yesterday, they have stopped forwarding funds. Does anyone know what is going on ?
Maybe they have some problems with the API, transactions are rolling in. Is the problem still unresolved?
The APIs seem to be working from here, but I have never used the receive payment part.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
RocketSingh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:19:12 PM

Maybe they have some problems with the API, transactions are rolling in. Is the problem still unresolved?
The APIs seem to be working from here, but I have never used the receive payment part.

API is working fine and generating address. But those generated addresses are not forwarding the fund to the main address. They are seating with the fund and I dont see any update regarding this on their twitter handle. If they acknowledge the problem, it is fine. Otherwise it is concerning.

Fargo

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 04:20:53 PM

They frequently go down for a few hours at a time. As easy as it is to implement their API it is not worth it.

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RocketSingh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:27:25 PM

They frequently go down for a few hours at a time. As easy as it is to implement their API it is not worth it.

Not really. They are the market leader and has to handle huge traffic. Also they are prone to frequesnt DDoS. But, the current problem is not related to that. Their service & API are working fine. Only funds are not getting forwarded.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:54:07 PM

sound not ... good.
use an API to send/received bitcoin fund ... instead of use bitcoind (or j) to do this ?

Grin human are bizarre.

bittyfree

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

I like nuts

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:06:03 PM

blockchains API is very bad to receive any funds. It usually took me over 10 hours to get the funds forwarded to my address from my customers.
Since then, I used Coinbase instead of blockchain.

RocketSingh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:42:42 PM

sound not ... good.
use an API to send/received bitcoin fund ... instead of use bitcoind (or j) to do this ?

Grin human are bizarre.

As far as I know, even BitStamp uses BitGo API to send/received bitcoin fund. In fact using a trusted API is a better option unless u have a highly skilled security expert to secure your app server, which is very unlikely for StartUps. Anyways, we now have an official announcement from blockchain.info regarding this issue. So, nothing much to worry...

API users: We are currently experiencing delays with payments forwarding. Thank you for your patience as we investigate the issue further.

Source: https://twitter.com/blockchain/status/595212871560114176

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:19:54 PM

It appears as though this fella did receive some kind of response from blockchain.info support team.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1047537.msg11282022#msg11282022

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:57:52 PM

Disclosure: Don´t look at me as an expert!  No questions please  Lips sealed

I have had occasional trouble at blockchain.info, but they have resolved the two BTC issues/problems that came up OK.  It can take a while though.

They have a nice service called "SharedCoin" (coin mixing) that I like and use from time-to-time.

The only thing I could never get to work well was 2FA, neither via Google Authenticator nor via SMS messaging, so I cut off those options (this was months ago though) for my two wallets there.

So now I just use blockchain.info for receiving BTC that I intend to spend or mix, and whatever BTC I intend to HODL I send off to my Ledger Nano or Trezor.

(YMMV)
Mandrik

Activity: 106
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 11:57:48 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/34vsss/any_word_on_blockchaininfo_api_being_restored/cqyjas5

-Mandrik
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 06:04:13 AM

Blockchain.info needs to work on their API. Even for general usage, there have been quite a few issues as of late.

Error messages such as "cannot handle transactions over 16kb in size" when using the mobile wallet

Transactions being sent but for 0.00000000 btc instead of the entered value....

bah Smiley
Time_DJ

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:18:30 AM

Why do people use the receive api that requires blockchain.info to forward the btc to their address when they can use the wallet api that sends the btc directly to a btc address generated in your blockchain.info account?
RocketSingh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:19:12 PM

Problems are back again. Funds are stuck.

Why do people use the receive api that requires blockchain.info to forward the btc to their address when they can use the wallet api that sends the btc directly to a btc address generated in your blockchain.info account?

Wallet API is used to send bitcoin, while Receive API is used to receive bitcoin.

ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:54:47 PM

Blockchain is dying. Not only their API , I've been trying to open BC since few hours ago , didn't receive any Authorization email from them.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:31:10 PM

Can you see the news above?

"News: ♦♦♦ If you are using any wallet other than Bitcoin Core 0.10.x or 0.9.5, then you should not trust incoming transactions until they have ~30 confirmations. More info."

Just don't use any online wallet these days. Use only Bitcoin Core for sending funds without a problem.
RocketSingh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:49:15 PM

I heard blockchain often get problem with their wallet & API services. Some merchant already stopped using their API because many problems.
Just do it manually or use other API Smiley

Unfortunately there is no proper send/receive API alternative of blockchain.info. People suggest to use bitcoin core, but it is not a viable soultion for all start-ups as it requires VPS implementation and continuously running cron, which is expensive. AFAIK, there is no JSON-RPC available for bitcoin core which call back a certain application URL, when an address receive balance, which is the advantage of using blockchain.info API.

AnimoEsto

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 07:06:19 AM

I still havent received a transaction from the API, even though its had 120+ confirms - its just not forwarding

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
melisande

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:52:04 PM

We are all experiencing similar problem because blockchain is passing through some stress test but that will soon come to an end.
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 02:43:19 PM

You should try out www.blocktrail.com

I've sent OP a DM to see if we can be of any assistance.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: