Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:59:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bigger blocks coming in release 0.11  (Read 4737 times)
bambou

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:41:08 PM

lol @ the sneaky little "kudos" buttons that mislead people into "liking" all his fallacies.

sounds like an Agent to me:

If any of the other proposed scaling solutions were tested, practical and already rolling out onto the network and being supported by all the various Bitcoin wallets then, indeed, there would be no hurry to schedule a maximum block size increase.

Unfortunately, they’re not; read Mike Hearn’s blog post for details. We are years away from a time when we can confidently tell a wallet developer “use this solution to give your users very-high-volume, very-low-cost, very-low-minimum-payment instant transactions.
http://gavinandresen.ninja/it-must-be-done-but-is-not-a-panacea

Non inultus premor
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:47:04 PM

Thanks for linking me to some great information from a very reasonable guy who has been critical to Bitcoins development. I will check it out.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:51:57 PM

For me it would be a nice feature, and it is very needed if bitcoin 'wants' to be mainstream. Because if we compare it with the credit card system we will see that 7 transactions per second - against - 2'000 transactions  per second (visa). In this way we will have a lot of transaction in one block and it will speed up the send of bitcoin.

I'm waiting to see this feature in the next releases and I am sure the majority will choose the right thing Wink.
I thought that too but in the last thread about this there were people who were so against this they started name calling and then it was "Gavincoin". I even got negative trust for saying I it would fork and carry on.

Are you serious? Negative trust for saying your personal opinion (amazing). When the feature will be released, everyone of us will choose if 'upgrade' his bitcoin core version or not (this is the good thing in a 'decentralization).
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:21:14 PM

Let's play a game. Lets see who can spot all the Popescu sockpuppets that will inevitability pop up in this thread.
They'll turn up, oh yes, you can be sure of that. Cheesy

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 08:53:15 PM

Get ready, it's coming...

http://gavinandresen.ninja/time-to-roll-out-bigger-blocks

I’m going to submit a pull request to the 0.11 release of Bitcoin Core that will allow miners to create blocks bigger than one megabyte, starting a little less than a year from now.

ty for the link i didnt read it before;

well i think it will scaled slowly, yes, but i think i will need to start buying more hdds right now lol, just to use the btc core wallet Tongue

and yes i love to use the btc core wallet, so... xD

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:56:00 AM

Some day in the future, you will need a data center to hold the whole blockchain, but that's still manageable, since by then each bitcoiner will own a data center  Grin

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:13:12 AM

one small step for future upscaling one Giant Leap towards complete centralisation  Lips sealed
How is it a "Giant Leap" to complete centralization? The blocks won't instantly become 20mb and by the time they are it won't be a big difference that storage size will be larger than it is today. We are talking a full Terabyte a year at every block being 20mb, this would have to be one hell of a busy network and at the standard. For 5 years of block chain it would only cost 120$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD2RS3903, if you don't think in 5 years the price of 5tb will be A LOT cheaper just look at my previous post and again this would have to be at full block capacity which it won't be for quite some time. The idea of nodes being centralized is only theory and it doesn't hold much water.

its not the increase in blocksize i was refering to but the way Gavin and co (particularly Mike) go about getting such done.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:04:05 AM

one small step for future upscaling one Giant Leap towards complete centralisation  Lips sealed

Yeah...  I don't know if some people are trolling, blind or clueless.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:23:48 AM

So we have a little less than one year to sell our Bitcoin before it becomes a clusterfuck. Ok, thanks for the info.

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:51:18 AM

So we have a little less than one year to sell our Bitcoin before it becomes a clusterfuck. Ok, thanks for the info.

You don't want them? You can give them to me.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:09:43 AM

Yeah...  I don't know if some people are trolling, blind or clueless.

i think most rather dig their head in the sand where bitcoin is heading and how few control the code. and the interests of those few  Lips sealed

gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:30:06 AM

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/595692609999347712
crazyivan
Legendary

Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:33:34 AM

There s no other option then to reduce the size of the blockchain. BTW, when was the last time BTC chain forked or had any real issue? There are not kids playing in the sand.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Mikestang (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:36:57 AM

Some day in the future, you will need a data center to hold the whole blockchain, but that's still manageable, since by then each bitcoiner will own a data center  Grin

Yup, and this is what a 250 megabyte hard drive looked like in 1979.

30 years later you can fit 250x250 megabytes on something the size of your finger nail.  When the blockchain needs a data center to hold it, a data center will fit on your desktop.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:44:03 AM

Let's play a game. Lets see who can spot all the Popescu sockpuppets that will inevitability pop up in this thread.

Just six posts later one has popped up...

[noise]

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:45:54 AM

Just six posts later one has popped up...

[noise]

LOL. Well spotted. Cheesy

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:13:22 AM

Some day in the future, you will need a data center to hold the whole blockchain, but that's still manageable, since by then each bitcoiner will own a data center  Grin

30 years later you can fit 250x250 megabytes on something the size of your finger nail.  When the blockchain needs a data center to hold it, a data center will fit on your desktop.

we are near that limit with silicon, we can't go much farther with shrinking, 10nm is the physical limit of the material, they need something else soon enough
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:52:36 AM

we are near that limit with silicon, we can't go much farther with shrinking, 10nm is the physical limit of the material, they need something else soon enough

Glass storage?
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2013/jul/17/5d-superman-memory-crystal-heralds-unlimited-lifetime-data-storage

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:57:40 AM

Glass storage?
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2013/jul/17/5d-superman-memory-crystal-heralds-unlimited-lifetime-data-storage

last time i heard that they are working on graphene or nanotubes, as a next material, but glass could be another option(a storage in your glasses would be fabulous)

it's seems that they can push silicon to 7nm, but it will be too costly
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:33:42 AM

They have been developing something called racetrack memory for years. However, it sounds like fusion, it's always another ten more years until they say they will get it working.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: