Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does the archival board work?  (Read 653 times)
Mt. Gox (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:00:18 PM

How does the archival board work? The description says "Old stuff" but I see threads and posts that were made quite recently and most of the threads there aren't locked and can be replied to. Are we supposed to move our topics to the archival board ourselves once we no longer need them or is this done by moderators/administrators?

In what situations should we lock our own thread vs. sending it to archival?

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:46:08 PM

Since when was it possible for members to move their threads?
That should answer your question. The archive is there to store things. It's quite often threads that had deletion/closure requests.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Mt. Gox (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:54:20 PM

That should answer your question. The archive is there to store things. It's quite often threads that had deletion/closure requests.

I've never used it so I can't say for certain if it works or not but there is a "move topic" link on the bottom left hand side of every thread. It's next to the "lock topic" link.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 06:02:05 PM

Well members can move their own (!) threads. I've just tested it to be sure.
If you feel like helping moderators when 1 of your threads becomes obsolete (e.g. you're selling something; question answered) then move it.
Otherwise you should just ignore it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 11:22:17 PM

I've been giving instructions for newbies to move their own threads since day one.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:12:16 AM

How does the archival board work? The description says "Old stuff" but I see threads and posts that were made quite recently and most of the threads there aren't locked and can be replied to. Are we supposed to move our topics to the archival board ourselves once we no longer need them or is this done by moderators/administrators?

In what situations should we lock our own thread vs. sending it to archival?

There are some threads, where the OP has been edited to a single word "closed".
These definitely need to be moved to the archival board.
Otherwise, I guess you can just lock your thread and leave it.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:53:05 AM

Old threads don't need to be moved to Archival. Just lock them. Archival is meant to be used by moderators in only a few rare situations. (Though I don't mind if you move your obsolete topics there if you want to for some reason.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Mt. Gox (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:54:18 PM

Old threads don't need to be moved to Archival. Just lock them. Archival is meant to be used by moderators in only a few rare situations. (Though I don't mind if you move your obsolete topics there if you want to for some reason.)

Oh OK. Thanks for clearing that up. Smiley

I usually just lock any thread that I don't need anymore and leave it in the original board anyway.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: