Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 01:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Look only on the one minute chart  (Read 2030 times)
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:50:50 PM

The (owner of) the 240.5 wall did not fall for the temptation to lower the wall. Good.
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:09:21 PM

Now the API for bitfinex is going haywire again - or is it bitcoinwisdom? That happened yesterday also. People refrain from buying or selling until it has stabilized.

derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:12:52 PM

Whats the problem?
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:18:49 PM

Whats the problem?

The order book. Suddenly we go to 237.78 (buy) and 237.98 (sell) while currently the price is around 239. Then back to normal after one or two seconds. Happens several times a minute.

Edit: Seems it is okay now. (I verified by opening another window before I posted).
derpinheimer
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:21:23 PM

Yeah I see it now. It doesn't appear to be affecting or reflecting actual trades though. Hopefully that stops because its quite annoying   Cheesy
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:29:46 PM

http://bfxdata.com/swaphistory/totals.php

doesnt work for me - anyone else the same problem?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:51:58 PM

http://bfxdata.com/swaphistory/totals.php

doesnt work for me - anyone else the same problem?

I see a graph. By the way, I had hope for this day, but everyone seems to be waiting. Buy coins now? nah - it is smarter to be sure it is rising, therefore I will buy at 300.

Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 11:27:02 PM

Steady upward action on low volume. As long as there is a trade of a coin or so each minute, I am happy.
randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 11:30:20 PM

Steady upward action on low volume. As long as there is a trade of a coin or so each minute, I am happy.

man, you are wasting your time with looking at the price going up and down two bucks. there is nothing special going on at this point.
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 11:42:28 PM

man, you are wasting your time with looking at the price going up and down two bucks. there is nothing special going on at this point.

That's probably right, it is more like an obsession.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:36:56 AM

what exchange you are talking about?, it's not like there are 240 walls in everyone, i see different walls all over the place, they count nothing, besides the small manipulation they are aiming to
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:45:54 AM

what exchange you are talking about?, it's not like there are 240 walls in everyone, i see different walls all over the place, they count nothing, besides the small manipulation they are aiming to

The title only indicates that I am interested in very short time events in this thread. I normally look at bitfinex at bitcoinwisdom, because I have a feeling that finex is the leading exchange at the moment, after bitstamp had it's accident. Well that can change.

I look at the chart, and try to get some meaning out of the dynamics. So when a large bid moves steadily upwards every five minutes or so, it looks promising. If a buy of 0.01 leads to retraction of the 5 highest bids the next second, I sometimes conclude that the bots are in command and I go to bed.

The behaviour of the bots seems to have changed lately, by the way, they seem to try to fool other bots and people to a larger degree.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:55:28 AM

The title only indicates that I am interested in very short time events in this thread. I normally look at bitfinex at bitcoinwisdom, because I have a feeling that finex is the leading exchange at the moment, after bitstamp had it's accident. Well that can change.

I look at the chart, and try to get some meaning out of the dynamics. So when a large bid moves steadily upwards every five minutes or so, it looks promising. If a buy of 0.01 leads to retraction of the 5 highest bids the next second, I sometimes conclude that the bots are in command and I go to bed.

The behaviour of the bots seems to have changed lately, by the way, they seem to try to fool other bots and people to a larger degree.

yeah it's a bots war right now, no surprise there, and it could explain this continuous undulation, also it will be really hard to short with the current small fluctuations(if you have not a bot, like myself), it seems more risky than worth it
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:17:21 AM

yeah it's a bots war right now, no surprise there, and it could explain this continuous undulation, also it will be really hard to short with the current small fluctuations(if you have not a bot, like myself), it seems more risky than worth it

So you have a bot? Do you constantly tune it to how other bots behave?

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:12:08 AM

no no, i prefer to trade manually, also if your bot is not well programmed you can lose more than what you gain, and you needs also to enhance its algo continuously
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:24:08 AM

no no, i prefer to trade manually, also if your bot is not well programmed you can lose more than what you gain, and you needs also to enhance its algo continuously

Right, I remember the btc-e algo fight, I wonder what really happened.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:11:33 PM

It always puzzled me how people are using bots they didn't program themselves. I mean, even if they programmed it themselves, they most likely made some kind of mistake. But trusting a bot from someone else with your holdings just seems totally crazy!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:55:05 AM

It always puzzled me how people are using bots they didn't program themselves. I mean, even if they programmed it themselves, they most likely made some kind of mistake. But trusting a bot from someone else with your holdings just seems totally crazy!

I guess this is the reason most bots are running in test mode. Changing the bids and asks every second, but making a trade only once a minute or less, with an amount of  BTC .01. That can not give much profit.
diodio1

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 10:38:35 AM

The (owner of) the 240.5 wall did not fall for the temptation to lower the wall. Good.

you know what ... its like taheshi wall! someone must do something to pump this situation , almost 6 month bitcoin price is under $300

BurHan Alassad
Norther front commander for web security in Syrian Electronic ARMY.
Erdogan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:41:20 AM

you know what ... its like taheshi wall! someone must do something to pump this situation , almost 6 month bitcoin price is under $300

I agree, the price is lower than it should be. To many sit on the sideline waiting for the rise to start.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: