Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:33:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Masternodes what good are they?  (Read 3371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
(OP)

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:10:45 PM

I am fairly new to crypto and dont understand masternodes, what good are they? There is thousands of coins all work perfectly well without. Are they a money laundering tool if so how much money is being cleaned a day.
I have learned if something is a quality product it is immediately copied and reproduced many times over just like Dash itself is one of many copies of Bitcoin. The absents of many many coins not having masternotes after such a long time gives a snake oil impression.
Some coins are modified after launch, similar to a stock standard car getting something attached later to it, but at the heart its still the same thing.

No one likes taxes, because a lot of people have the opinion they dont get value for money. Dash has a whopping 65% tax burden, is that fair to miners who get ripped of on grand scale ?

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 06:32:21 PM

I am fairly new to crypto and dont understand masternodes, what good are they? There is thousands of coins all work perfectly well without. Are they a money laundering tool if so how much money is being cleaned a day.
I have learned if something is a quality product it is immediately copied and reproduced many times over just like Dash itself is one of many copies of Bitcoin. The absents of many many coins not having masternotes after such a long time gives a snake oil impression.
Some coins are modified after launch, similar to a stock standard car getting something attached later to it, but at the heart its still the same thing.

No one likes taxes, because a lot of people have the opinion they dont get value for money. Dash has a whopping 65% tax burden, is that fair to miners who get ripped of on grand scale ?

Fundamentally, masternodes are the 'trusted 3rd party security hole' that Szatoshi Nickamoto warned us not to use.

Masternodes are part of Dash's multilevel HYIP marketing scheme.

Your masternodes earn Dash, so you can buy more masternodes.   Roll Eyes

They don't actually DO anything useful, and present a vastly expanded attack surface to adversaries.

Unbelievably, payouts are centrally directed by a master-masternode, which makes Dash an unregistered/illegal money transmitting business.

I wouldn't want the stolen BTC from BTer.com passing through my masternode, but the DashHoles are demonstrably eager to participate in the plunder and launder coins for the thieves.

If you bring these facts up on the DashHole thread, the cult-like community alternatively attacks and fake-ignores you for disturbing their groupthink and cheerleading.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:36:38 PM

Fundamentally, masternodes are the 'trusted 3rd party security hole' that Szatoshi Nickamoto warned us not to use.

They don't actually DO anything useful, and present a vastly expanded attack surface to adversaries.

Unbelievably, payouts are centrally directed by a master-masternode, which makes Dash an unregistered/illegal money transmitting business.

I wouldn't want the stolen BTC from BTer.com passing through my masternode, but the DashHoles are demonstrably eager to participate in the plunder and launder coins for the thieves.

If you bring these facts up on the DashHole thread, the cult-like community alternatively attacks and fake-ignores you for disturbing their groupthink and cheerleading.
Wait, so it's ok if the thieves use Monero to launder their coins, rather than Dash?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 06:42:45 PM

Wait, so it's ok if the thieves use Monero to launder their coins, rather than Dash?

If you're the thief it is  Tongue

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:43:50 PM

Yes with Monero and Bitcoin only !
The Monero community must be looking out for the thieves then? Thieves deserve a fairly distributed and ethically organized means through which they can cover their tracks, I see.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 06:53:35 PM

See what I mean?

The DashHoles think they can deflect critcism away from Dash if they change the subject.

I said "demonstrably" because anyone can search the DashHole thread for "BTer" and see them gloating about the rise from shifting stolen property.

99% of them are stupid alt-kiddies lacking any knowledge of finance, law, economics, computer science, or cryptography.

The remaining 1% are cynics who don't care about the technical stuff so long as they are making money off the pump.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 06:54:19 PM

The Monero community must be looking out for the thieves then? Thieves deserve a fairly distributed and ethically organized means through which they can cover their tracks, I see.

Privacy is a two-edged sword--this is no different than proton mail being run legitimately. The technology is built to be effective not moral--that's for the user to decide.

Anyway, back to Amway nodes....

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 06:56:37 PM

Privacy is a two-edged sword--this is no different than proton mail being run legitimately. The technology is built to be effective not moral--that's for the user to decide.

Anyway, back to Amway nodes....

Amway nodes?  LOL, you're being too kind.

At least Amway provides useful things like soap.

Masternodes are more like Madoff's feeder funds.

I prefer to call them PonziNodes or MadoffNodes.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
(OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:18:24 PM

I start to understand why it is not been copied endless times over by now. To do no meaningful work, defraud the miners and hang on like a bloodsucker is bound for disaster.
Isn't the whole idea of crypto not to trust 3rd parties as there is no need for these leechers.
If payouts are centrally directed by a master-masternode, what happens if this master-masternode is replaced?
Are HYIP's legal in every country?

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:20:46 PM

Useless topics like these, what good are they ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
(OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:27:31 PM

As a cryptocurrency investor the fine print must be read too.
Your post is certainly useless as it does not help in any way. Just a time waster. 

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 07:33:33 PM

Your post is certainly useless as it does not help in any way. Just a time waster.  

See, I told you the DashHole cultists would attack you for asking uncomfortable questions about their high-yield Masternode investment product and its multilevel marketing.

They only like softball questions like "How much will Dash be worth if it replaces gold, Bitcoin, Paypal, and fiat?"

Pick up a pom-pom and cheer louder, or you will find yourself a target in their crosshairs.

Dash is for several reasons illegal in the State of AZ and nation of the USA.

We have contacted the proper authorities and they will take care of this scam.

The wheels of justice turn slowly but grind exceedingly fine.

Check the links in my sig for more info.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 07:38:57 PM

If anything Monero is a Cult with their wanna be anonymity and security behind their stolen tech

See what I mean?

The DashHoles think they can deflect critcism away from Dash if they change the subject.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
(OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:17:27 PM

See, I told you the DashHole cultists would attack you for asking uncomfortable questions about their high-yield Masternode investment product and its multilevel marketing.

They only like softball questions like "How much will Dash be worth if it replaces gold, Bitcoin, Paypal, and fiat?"

Pick up a pom-pom and cheer louder, or you will find yourself a target in their crosshairs.

Dash is for several reasons illegal in the State of AZ and nation of the USA.

The wheels of justice turn slowly but grind exceedingly fine.

Check the links in my sig for more info.
Thanks learnt a lot. If illegal in some places i can not see a good deal. Certainly dont wont to belong to a cult or organized criminal gang which it looks like it is.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:10:08 PM

See what I mean?

Subject wasn't changed. The subject of this thread (and many others) is actually Monero. And getting it mentioned along with the leader, DASH.
illodin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:10:18 PM

See, I told you

So you talk to yourself now? Seek help.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:17:15 PM

Its the new hype in town. Nothing beneficial to the outside world
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:44:55 PM

lol i'm not a Dash fan but if we're going to talk about US law and Bitcoin, when is Satoshi going to pay his taxes on his 1 million Bitcoins #_#
illodin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:48:19 PM

lol i'm not a Dash fan but if we're going to talk about US law and Bitcoin, when is Satoshi going to pay his taxes on his 1 million Bitcoins #_#

Right after authorities have "taken care of this scam".
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 03:59:25 AM

Your masternodes earn Dash, so you can buy more masternodes.   Roll Eyes

See what I mean?

Subject wasn't changed. The subject of this thread (and many others) is actually Monero. And getting it mentioned along with the leader, DASH.

The leader of what? Anonymity, no. Marketcap, no. Reputable coins, no. Fair distribution, no. Knee-jerk reactions of every thread that is potentially critical of x/dark/dash, yes. Leader of renaming your coin to escape the truth of an instamine, yes.

Anyway, back to Amway-nodes. They are very good at keeping large amounts of coins locked-up and off the market, but they add an attack vector, so rationalizing them into a privacy coin is dumb. Now, if you wanted a non-privacy coin with a built-in method for power centralization, they're one of the best ideas ever. Especially if you create a reward system that benefits masternode operators if they attack other masternode operators to reap the highest profit margin. As the Dash Bitcointalk page outlines here:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: