Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:35:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a signature campaign?  (Read 3994 times)
Indamuck (OP)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:59:01 PM

Hi,

I'm primarily a poker player, and bitcoin hobbyist. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what a 'signature campaign' is?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:00:07 PM

Check "Services" section and you will understand in no time  Wink
jaxxx

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Well fuck you then.

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:02:32 PM

Hi,

I'm primarily a poker player, and bitcoin hobbyist. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what a 'signature campaign' is?

You see the space under your post, that is "signature space" companys pay to use your signature space, some are fixed rates so they could ask 25 posts every 2 weeks and be paid at the rate of your membership level. Some are pay per post and as it sounds they pay you per constructive post you make on the forum. Most of the time you will be paid weekly for pay per post and bi weekly or monthly for a fixed rate. Hope that helps.

Time to jaxxx it up.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:09:59 PM

Hi,

Here you get a list of signature campaigns. Join the one that accepts your rank...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0
jaxxx

Well fuck you then.

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:15:47 PM

Hi,

Here you get a list of signature campaigns. Join the one that accepts your rank...

You only had one line to read and you couldn't do it lol he was not asking to join one he was asking to explain in simple terms what a "signature campaign is" You would have been a great help if he asked can someone tell me where to find a signature campaign though Smiley

Time to jaxxx it up.
Indamuck (OP)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:27:21 PM

Hi,

You only had one line to read and you couldn't do it lol he was not asking to join one he was asking to explain in simple terms what a "signature campaign is" You would have been a great help if he asked can someone tell me where to find a signature campaign though Smiley

Take a chill Jaxxx. I appreciate all the posts, thanks everyone. Yes, I will try to join one in order to get some first hand experience.
jaxxx

Well fuck you then.

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:35:21 PM

Hi,

Take a chill Jaxxx. I appreciate all the posts, thanks everyone. Yes, I will try to join one in order to get some first hand experience.

Perfectly chilled sweetheart. Where did you get that I am not chilled? Because I stated how he never read your one line post rightyo. See ya and make sure you don't make insubstantial posts while in a campaign or you may just taste the ban hammer rahaha

Time to jaxxx it up.
moko666

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 10:53:12 PM

signature campaign is when a advertiser pay you for putting their advertising code in your signature space,so whenever you make a post their advertising is shown there
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 01:21:03 AM

Signature campaign is the way to promote/advertise the business in bitcointalk and pay promoter/advertiser in Bitcoin.
I think this forum is only place that we can earn money while posting Smiley

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:17:52 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 11:57:01 AM by DannyHamilton

- snip -
Could someone explain to me in simple terms what a 'signature campaign' is?

A signature campaign is:

A way for an advertiser to create an incentive for greedy people to fill the forum with thousands of posts of completely useless nonsense.  The advertiser offers a small payment in exchange for the user to add the advertiser's ad to the user's signature space.  The user is required to create a particular number of posts on the forum so that the advertiser feels that the ad will get noticed.  Since the average greedy unknowledgeable user doesn't have enough useful and well thought out things to say to meet the advertiser's quota, they end up just spamming threads all over the forum with useless drivel.  Several of the regular forum users have taken to blocking (using the "ignore" link) all users with a signature ad campaign in their signature.  Therefore, by participating in such a campaign, you significantly increase the likelihood that helpful and knowledgeable users will never see anything that you post here.
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:04:27 AM

Hi,

You have signature space on your ID, and signature campaign owner rent your signature space to put their advertising on it.
They have rules and requirements, you have to follow that if you want get payment.
The requirements usually are Full member level or above, have a good post history and etc.
The rules usually make particular number of post on some period of time, like 30 posts on bi-weekly period, called fixed post campaign.
Or they pay you based on number of your post, called pay per post campaign.
And usually they restrict you to post on some boards / section, or have minimum character per post.
Be careful, your post must be constructive to get payment from them Smiley

jaxxx

Well fuck you then.

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:14:57 AM

- snip -
Could someone explain to me in simple terms what a 'signature campaign' is?

A signature campaign is:

A way for an advertiser to create an incentive for greedy people to fill the forum with thousands of posts of completely useless nonsense.  The advertiser offers a small payment in exchange for the user to add the advertiser's ad to the user's signature space.  The user is required to create a particular number of posts on the forum so that the advertiser feels that the ad will get noticed.  Since the average greedy unknowledgeable user doesn't have enough useful and well thought out things to say to meet the advertiser's quota, they end up just spamming threads all over the forum with useless drivel.  Serveral of the regular forum users have taken to blocking (using the "ignore" link) all users with a signature ad campaign in their signature.  Therefore, by participating in such a campaign, you significantly increase the likelihood that helpful and knowledgeable users will never see anything that you post here.

I have problems with this let me enlighten you to the issues here, an "incentive for greedy people" you speak about and then go on to say advertisers offer a "small payment in exchange for their signature space" Can you tell me that you think that actually makes any sense?

Let me take this opportunity to say, how sorry I am that not everyone can be as smart and knowledgeable as you and that not everyone has enough money to buy into bitcoin like you sir, or have enough time to spend 160+days on a forum!

If I was to need/want to wear a signature, do you think I would care for one moment people like you would ignore me lol! Please after this I ignore you! Take the chance to find your way to the light my friend, hopefully you are "smart and knowledgeable enough" to know where you need to travel from.

One last thing smarty pants, you spell "several". Your welcome.

Time to jaxxx it up.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 06:35:49 AM

Hi,

Guys above me explain the details Smiley
also you can check this out for more details about signature campaign which accept your rank or not: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.0

~iki
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:09:25 AM

but I see now that you have joined in a campaign signature means you already know it Smiley

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
rio3232

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:50:32 AM

Hi,

Signature Campaign is rent your signature to get paid by bitcoin. The bitcoin that you get depend what rank you have. And you must post to get paid / Paid to Post
You can find in service section here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0 .
Signature on your bottom every you post on thread.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:56:39 AM

I have problems with this let me enlighten you to the issues here, an "incentive for greedy people" you speak about and then go on to say advertisers offer a "small payment in exchange for their signature space" Can you tell me that you think that actually makes any sense?

Yes.  Bitcoin is money. Greedy people want money and don't care how they get it.  An advertiser offers money in exchange for a number of posts. When the greedy people haven't learned enough about bitcoin yet to provide thoughtful posts or good advice, this offer of money results in an incentive to fill the forum with thousands of posts of bad advice and useless drivel.

Let me take this opportunity to say, how sorry I am that not everyone can be as smart and knowledgeable as you

Some people are smarter and more knowledgeable.  Some aren't as smart or knowledgeable.  I don't have an issue with people lacking knowledge.  This forum exists largely so that those who are lacking knowledge can gain that knowledge from those that have it.  The problem is when people that lack knowledge are provided an incentive to give horrible and dangerous advice or to just post complete nonsense.

Perhaps a group of advertisers should pay people to dump trash covered in their advertisement all over your neighborhood and your house?  That way those people that only have access to trash can make some money, while you are left to clean it all up?  Does that make any sense to you?  That is what is happening here.  Trash posts are being dumped all over the forum.

and that not everyone has enough money to buy into bitcoin like you sir,

Bitcoin is not globally accessible yet.  It may never be.  However, if they can afford to access this forum (with a computer, over an internet connection), then they have access to resources that would allow them much better ways to earn money.

or have enough time to spend 160+days on a forum!

Why would they want to?  And how does that justify the dumping of dangerous and useless nonsense all over the forum?

If I was to need/want to wear a signature, do you think I would care for one moment people like you would ignore me lol!

No.

Please after this I ignore you!

Then I suppose you won't see any of this, but others will, so that's ok.

Take the chance to find your way to the light my friend, hopefully you are "smart and knowledgeable enough" to know where you need to travel from.

Sun is already up here.  It's plenty light enough.

One last thing smarty pants, you spell "several". Your welcome.

I'm aware.  The 'R' key is right next to the 'E' key on my keyboard and my fingers are wide enough that I occasionally accidentally include an adjacent key when attempting to hit a letter.  It's an easy mistake not to notice.  I'll go back and fix it if you like.
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:49:48 PM

Hi,

It seems you're already join signature campaign so that you're put some website into the signature and carry away through this forum by posting.
So indirectly , you're advertising the website and you will got paid just like normal life's work. The different is you're just posting here  Smiley
Just keep your quality and don't being greed more than you can't afford to post
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:13:53 PM

A signature campaign is basically an advertising campaign made by the company which uses (rents) the involved users' signature space and rewards them in BTC for their effort in advertising them to the forum...
The only thing you need to take care of is, the quality of the posts...
Be constructive, don't spam or I would say least, and try to say meaningful things, even short but meaning must be there and it should not be off-topic...

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:38:50 AM

Join my signature campaign (see my signature). You won't be paid anything but you will get satisfaction from doing the right thing.

My signature isn't a condemnation of the services provided by Bitmixer and Bit-X. I've never used either of them. Just like the overwhelming majority with a paid sig ad: they don't care one way or the other about the company they're whoring. It could be an obvious scam in the making and they still wouldn't care as long as they get their paid posting crumbs.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:37:06 AM

good luck with your first time joining signature campaign. hope you enjoy it Smiley
and don't forget to make quality post, and follow the rule of bitcointalk to make you safe from bann
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: