Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:18:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a signature campaign?  (Read 3994 times)
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:50:48 AM

- snip -
Could someone explain to me in simple terms what a 'signature campaign' is?

A signature campaign is:

A way for an advertiser to create an incentive for greedy people to fill the forum with thousands of posts of completely useless nonsense.  The advertiser offers a small payment in exchange for the user to add the advertiser's ad to the user's signature space.  The user is required to create a particular number of posts on the forum so that the advertiser feels that the ad will get noticed.  Since the average greedy unknowledgeable user doesn't have enough useful and well thought out things to say to meet the advertiser's quota, they end up just spamming threads all over the forum with useless drivel.  Several of the regular forum users have taken to blocking (using the "ignore" link) all users with a signature ad campaign in their signature.  Therefore, by participating in such a campaign, you significantly increase the likelihood that helpful and knowledgeable users will never see anything that you post here.

So to say it in simple language , i shouldn't join one ?
I will surely listen to a Legendary member, you seem a assest  to the community .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 02:46:19 PM

- snip -

A signature campaign is:

A way for an advertiser to create an incentive for greedy people to fill the forum with thousands of posts of completely useless nonsense.  The advertiser offers a small payment in exchange for the user to add the advertiser's ad to the user's signature space.  The user is required to create a particular number of posts on the forum so that the advertiser feels that the ad will get noticed.  Since the average greedy unknowledgeable user doesn't have enough useful and well thought out things to say to meet the advertiser's quota, they end up just spamming threads all over the forum with useless drivel.  Several of the regular forum users have taken to blocking (using the "ignore" link) all users with a signature ad campaign in their signature.  Therefore, by participating in such a campaign, you significantly increase the likelihood that helpful and knowledgeable users will never see anything that you post here.

I will surely listen to a Legendary member, you seem a assest  to the community .

You can join but don't post for getting payment. Only post if you want to contirbute. Your post quality will decrease if you start posting for getting more BTC.

Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:31:59 PM

- snip -

A signature campaign is:

A way for an advertiser to create an incentive for greedy people to fill the forum with thousands of posts of completely useless nonsense.  The advertiser offers a small payment in exchange for the user to add the advertiser's ad to the user's signature space.  The user is required to create a particular number of posts on the forum so that the advertiser feels that the ad will get noticed.  Since the average greedy unknowledgeable user doesn't have enough useful and well thought out things to say to meet the advertiser's quota, they end up just spamming threads all over the forum with useless drivel.  Several of the regular forum users have taken to blocking (using the "ignore" link) all users with a signature ad campaign in their signature.  Therefore, by participating in such a campaign, you significantly increase the likelihood that helpful and knowledgeable users will never see anything that you post here.

You can join but don't post for getting payment. Only post if you want to contirbute. Your post quality will decrease if you start posting for getting more BTC.

Thank you! Am still not sure about joining it since there are so many and it confuses me
grandFX
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:26:03 AM

- snip -

A signature campaign is:

Thank you! Am still not sure about joining it since there are so many and it confuses me

check here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0
may be it can help you to choose signature campaign. good luck and have a nice day.
christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:40:17 PM

A signature campaign is just like an add on your site. But in this you will get paid if you post on this forum and each post will get the rewards
See here another thread about How to earn from Sig campaigns: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1021227.0

yummyransom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 12:04:55 PM

For me, a signature campaign is the way of promoting something. They will pay you if you do posting.

Patejl

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:08:21 PM

Well there is signature space beneath your post, so whatever you post, that thing is gonna stick like a ad under your post, if people find your post interesting they might also find the Signature interesting. And thats what the site owners pay you for, make quality posts so that readers are interested in your post and signature alike, and the site who conducts the signature profits when people use it. 
Common sense if you ask me.

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:42:54 PM

Well there is signature space beneath your post, so whatever you post, that thing is gonna stick like a ad under your post, if people find your post interesting they might also find the Signature interesting. And thats what the site owners pay you for, make quality posts so that readers are interested in your post and signature alike, and the site who conducts the signature profits when people use it. 
but often someone who follows the signature campaign to be reduced quality of his post, it is because he has another purpose, namely Bitcoin in getting the results of the pay, but despite that this forum will be quiet without signature campign
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:05:00 PM

but often someone who follows the signature campaign to be reduced quality of his post, it is because he has another purpose, namely Bitcoin in getting the results of the pay, but despite that this forum will be quiet without signature campign

Even without a signature campaign the forum will not be quiet.   Many including me like talking here, and do it for fun.   I just enjoy bitcoin' and enjoy the forum.

The signature campaign is just a nice added bonus.   It works out great for sig campaign and person wearing sig if done right.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:33:49 PM

I don't get what you are trying to say. This forum wasn't quiet before the signature campaigns ever started, so why it would be quiet if the signature campaigns would stop now?

Yes, there are many that are abusing the system, and you can see that very easy, just check their post quality. But I am sure that that there are many, many more people out there that are posting honestly than the abusers. These people would still be here, engaging in conversations, helping people and helping spreading the word about the Bitcoin, even if they weren't paid for their posts. I am sure about that.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:46:34 PM

Even without a signature campaign the forum will not be quiet.   Many including me like talking here, and do it for fun.   I just enjoy bitcoin' and enjoy the forum.

The signature campaign is just a nice added bonus.   It works out great for sig campaign and person wearing sig if done right.

Same here.

Except now we just get paid to do what we did already back then lol. I honestly would be still discussing much on this forum based on where bitcoin is leading and other conversational topics.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:24:03 AM

- snip -

A signature campaign is:

what if i told you that you can post for both purpose? for the money but for contributing too, it's entirely possible, anyone can do it with some little knowledge about bitcoin
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:56:49 PM

Signature campaign is the modern advertising way in the forums. It helps the advertisers to spread their advertisements to many targeted audience. Innovative method of advertising.
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:49:26 PM

Signature Campaign is the way of promoting or advertising the business in bitcointalk and pay the promoter or advertiser.
I know that this forum is the best place that we can earn a money while posting.
LitecoinFaucet

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:40:57 PM

Join my signature campaign (see my signature). You won't be paid anything but you will get satisfaction from doing the right thing.

My signature isn't a condemnation of the services provided by Bitmixer and Bit-X. I've never used either of them. Just like the overwhelming majority with a paid sig ad: they don't care one way or the other about the company they're whoring. It could be an obvious scam in the making and they still wouldn't care as long as they get their paid posting crumbs.

So it is only your opinion that these campaigns are unfair, or you have any evidence?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:06:46 PM

Join my signature campaign (see my signature). You won't be paid anything but you will get satisfaction from doing the right thing.

My signature isn't a condemnation of the services provided by Bitmixer and Bit-X. I've never used either of them. Just like the overwhelming majority with a paid sig ad: they don't care one way or the other about the company they're whoring. It could be an obvious scam in the making and they still wouldn't care as long as they get their paid posting crumbs.

So it is only your opinion that these campaigns are unfair, or you have any evidence?

This is very untrue.  I have passed on some content even with good pay.   I do care if what under my name is something I don't agree with.

For example the most skipped thing by me is Mixers I had a good offer for one.  But supporting a new mixer.... I felt was not a good thing for under my name.   I just could not be sure service did not leave one day and people who clicked my sig would be having a horrible time.

Bit-X is mainly a UK exchange they are quite big at this point.  I have no issue with them as I do not believe they will leave customers like a mixer might.  They have put in a lot of time to become legal in UK, and also bought a PH for cloud mining that bitfury has acknowledged.  So I feel pretty safe at the moment with my signature.

I can say I put in more research then most when I pick a sig campaign.  They have to make me feel safe for others.  Also I'm not pushing it.  I don't want anyone to feel pushed to a product from my add.  Yes maybe look at it and research it, but not pressured to buy.
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:05:49 AM

Signature campaign on this forum basically is what advertiser pays the members to wear in the signature to help to advertise their product or service. This is much more effective than buying an ad space on bitcointalk but contributes to spams at the same time.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:38:16 AM

Signature campaign on this forum basically is what advertiser pays the members to wear in the signature to help to advertise their product or service. This is much more effective than buying an ad space on bitcointalk but contributes to spams at the same time.

Signature campaign is the win-win situations for both participant as well as for the advertiser. The participant make more advertisement of the content where ever he posts. So, easy and affordable ads are possible for the advertise for the cost to visitor comparison.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2969

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 08:13:40 PM

Signiture campaign is a group of advitesers, you may also called signiture advertiser. and some other worlds is signiture renting..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:48:24 AM

Hi,

I'm primarily a poker player, and bitcoin hobbyist. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what a 'signature campaign' is?

Its what you see under my post, that line of advertisement.

Yes you can get paid bitcoin for putting it there.

You find plenty of sig campaigns here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: