Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost my coin very confused plz help  (Read 1673 times)
Lostmycoindarn (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:17:24 AM

I've been dealing with coin for upwards of a year and never had anything like this happen so I am very confused.  About 48 hrs ago I had 9 Btc sent to my wallet adress ( or what it said my wallet adress to be at that time) 1D89CWFGzDGNFvU8wbT2rnszZpJgmr26Ap. Went to sleep logged on my wallet the next morning only to see my coin still wasn't there. Then I noticed the wallet adress wasn't the same as the one I sent it to the night before, the adress changed to 1D8CErQNBHTVCv2apSWm6scv3jDmgUntcL But I was logged on the same wallet. The first adress shows up with the 9 Btc in it at over 100 confirmations and it still remains there it was never moved. And the second adress shows previous transactions. How is it possible that the 9 Btc went to a different adress when I sent them to the same wallet. Someone please help any insight would be greatly appreciated!!
achow101_alt

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:44:50 AM

What wallet are you using?

Tip Me!: 1AQx99s7q1wVinbgXbA48BaZQVWpHe5gYM | My PGP Key: Fingerprint 0x17565732E08E5E41
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1304

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:48:08 AM

Are you using Bitcoin core?

I'm confused about what you are asking. A wallet can have many addresses.
Lostmycoindarn (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:51:22 AM

Prefer not to say the wallet if that's okay but when I look them up in the blockchain they come up compleatly seperate almost as if there different wallets but I'm positive I was on the same one
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:58:08 AM

Prefer not to say the wallet if that's okay but when I look them up in the blockchain they come up compleatly seperate almost as if there different wallets but I'm positive I was on the same one

Not asking what bitcoin address.

Just trying to understand what wallet.

Was it one of the following?

• Armory
  • Electrum
  • Bitcoin-Qt
  • Bitcoin Core
  • MultiBit
  • Mycellium
  • blockchain.info

Wallets have lots of addresses. Looking them up in the blockchain doesn't tell you much at all about the wallet that was used.
Lostmycoindarn (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:00:28 AM

When I look them up on the blockchain they come up compleatly seperate almost as if there two seperate wallets, but I'm positive I was logged into the same one now my coin is at adress a where I can't seem to get to it when it should be at adress b. Could I have been a victim I phishing? But my coin is still at the adress I sent it to if someone stole it wouldn't they have moved it? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:01:51 AM

I've been dealing with coin for upwards of a year and never had anything like this happen so I am very confused.  About 48 hrs ago I had 9 Btc sent to my wallet adress ( or what it said my wallet adress to be at that time) 1D89CWFGzDGNFvU8wbT2rnszZpJgmr26Ap. Went to sleep logged on my wallet the next morning only to see my coin still wasn't there. Then I noticed the wallet adress wasn't the same as the one I sent it to the night before, the adress changed to 1D8CErQNBHTVCv2apSWm6scv3jDmgUntcL But I was logged on the same wallet. The first adress shows up with the 9 Btc in it at over 100 confirmations and it still remains there it was never moved. And the second adress shows previous transactions. How is it possible that the 9 Btc went to a different adress when I sent them to the same wallet. Someone please help any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

If you wanted to send money to 1D89CWFGzDGNFvU8wbT2rnszZpJgmr26Ap, as you say you did, then you succeeded:

https://blockchain.info/address/1D89CWFGzDGNFvU8wbT2rnszZpJgmr26Ap
Lostmycoindarn (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:07:05 AM

I've been dealing with coin for upwards of a year and never had anything like this happen so I am very confused.  About 48 hrs ago I had 9 Btc sent to my wallet adress ( or what it said my wallet adress to be at that time) 1D89CWFGzDGNFvU8wbT2rnszZpJgmr26Ap. Went to sleep logged on my wallet the next morning only to see my coin still wasn't there. Then I noticed the wallet adress wasn't the same as the one I sent it to the night before, the adress changed to 1D8CErQNBHTVCv2apSWm6scv3jDmgUntcL But I was logged on the same wallet. The first adress shows up with the 9 Btc in it at over 100 confirmations and it still remains there it was never moved. And the second adress shows previous transactions. How is it possible that the 9 Btc went to a different adress when I sent them to the same wallet. Someone please help any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

If you wanted to send money to 1D89CWFGzDGNFvU8wbT2rnszZpJgmr26Ap, as you say you did, then you succeeded:

https://blockchain.info/address/1D89CWFGzDGNFvU8wbT2rnszZpJgmr26Ap
No that's exactly my problem I have no clue how it got there it's supposed to be at the second one
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:07:49 AM

When I look them up on the blockchain they come up compleatly seperate almost as if there two seperate wallets,

You've been told multiple times now that looking up in a blockchain explorer doesn't tell you if they are in the same wallet or not.  Stop assuming that you know how bitcoin works, and stop using a blockchain explorer.  You're just confusing yourself.

but I'm positive I was logged into the same one now my coin is at adress a where I can't seem to get to it when it should be at adress b.

You're saying that they are NOT at the address that you sent them to? Or you are saying that they ARE at the address that you sent them to, but you can't find that address in your wallet?

Could I have been a victim I phishing?

Maybe.  You really aren't giving anybody enough information to help you.

But my coin is still at the adress I sent it to if someone stole it wouldn't they have moved it? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

It could be stolen, and the thief just hasn't moved it yet.

It could be that whatever wallet you are using has lost track of the address due to a bug or poor programming.

It could just be that you don't understand what you are seeing and everything is fine.

There's no way to tell with the information you're giving us.
Lostmycoindarn (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:17:53 AM

Yeah not trying to be difficult just want to shed some light on my situation it was going into my localbitcoins wallet
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:57:23 AM

Yeah not trying to be difficult just want to shed some light on my situation it was going into my localbitcoins wallet

So just go to localbitcoins and see if you have 9 Bitcoin credited to your account. By "account" I don't mean any particular "bitcoin address". I mean the balance shown by localbitcoins

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Lostmycoindarn (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:17:47 AM

My account is at 0 that's why I'm so confused
Lostmycoindarn (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:33:09 AM

My balance is .012 from leftover funds but the 9btc is nowhere to be found it seems to have disappeared .
Would it have been possible for someone to get into my account and switch the deposit adress in order to get the coins sent elsewhere while I was thinking they were be going to my account. That's what it seems like happened that's the best way I can explain it Iknow I'm not making much sense lol
jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:46:16 AM

My account is at 0 that's why I'm so confused

You should submit a ticket to localbitcoin. People here couldn't help much

Lostmycoindarn (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:22:34 AM

Already did I'm talkin to then right now they just take forever to answer just figured id see what I could figure out in the mean time
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:23:44 AM

Localbitcoins is just a worthless crap on the internet with all lilliput scammers flocking there to have a good time preying naive genuine users.
jl2012
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:26:52 AM

Already did I'm talkin to then right now they just take forever to answer just figured id see what I could figure out in the mean time

That's the problem between you and localbitcoin. The bitcoin network has done exactly what you told it to do: send 9BTC to 1D89CWFGzDGNFvU8wbT2rnszZpJgmr26Ap.

This topic is not belonging to this "Development & Technical Discussion" section, which is for "Technical discussion about Satoshi's Bitcoin client and the Bitcoin network in general. No third-party sites/clients, bug reports that do not require much discussion (use github), or support requests."

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:03:51 AM

I highly suggest in future look into places such as circle, coinbase, etc.   You will be better of then using localbitcoins.

I would ask localbitcoins support.  But it appears the btc address you asked got the btc. 
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:37:18 AM

localbitcoin is not a wallet.  It is an account.  I know they like to call it a "wallet" on their website, but they are wrong. You don't have any control over the private keys or the addresses at localbitcoin and it isn't possible for you to create a backup of your bitcoins since localbitcoin is in full control of the bitcoins.

Every address you see on that website is localbitcoin's address, not yours.  Bitcoins that are sent to those addresses are sent to localbitcoin, not to you.  Then when bitcoins are received at an address that they have chosen to associate with your account, they update a record in their database indicating how many of their bitcoins they are willing to send on your behalf.

There are three possibilities I can immediately see here:

1. It is possible that some malware hijacked your browser and replaced the address when you went to your account page.  Then you might have accidentally sent bitcoins to this fake address that is under the control of a thief.

2. It is possible that you are the victim of a phishing attempt and that the web page that you visited wasn't really localbitcoins.  Perhaps it was a similarly named website that was designed to look just like the localbitcoins website and you were tricked into sending bitcoins to an address under the control of a thief.

3. It is possible that you had some other address in your computer clipboard.  That you thought you copied the address from the localbitcoins page, but that the copy failed (maybe you hit the wrong key or clicked the wrong area of the screen when you tried to copy).  Then you accidentally pasted the old address that was still sitting in the clipboard without realizing it.  If you did this, then you accidentally sent to an address that you actually got from somewhere else.  If you can figure out where you got that address from, you might be able to convince them to send your bitcoins back to you.

4. It is possible that localbitcoins had a problem with their software.  Perhaps their software lost track of the fact that the address was supposed to be associated with your account.  Therefore, localbitcoins has received the bitcoins, but they have credited someone else's account (or maybe nobody's account at all).  If this is the case, you'll need to talk to localbitcoins support.  They'll need to investigate their software and if they can determine that they had displayed that address to you, then they will update your account balance in their database to reflect the additional bitcoins.

Lostmycoindarn (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:33:42 PM

Still didn't get my Btc yet but I'll update when I solve the problem thank u for the input everyone
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: