Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:05:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone who's going to hear about bitcoin has heard about it  (Read 4054 times)
Whitehouse

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:29:42 AM

I watched the first episode of the documentary series Pot Barons of Colorado yesterday about the cannabis industry there and it was interesting that banks were shutting down their business accounts and refusing to work with them and as such they were forced to keep millions of dollars in their store and carry dangerous amounts around to make business transactions. Bitcoin seems like it could be a real benefit to the cannabis industry if the laws don't change on a federal level which they are unlikely to do for quite some time. There's so many benefits to many industries and they just need to realize this but will they or how long will it take?

torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

I Simply Don't Agree.

Ask the people from Developing Countries. The reply would be What the hell is this?? There are many regions where they do not have access to internet many doesn't know what the smart phone is?? How can you expect that they are aware of bitcoins?? Still long way to go.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:26:12 AM

I Simply Don't Agree.

Ask the people from Developing Countries. The reply would be What the hell is this?? There are many regions where they do not have access to internet many doesn't know what the smart phone is?? How can you expect that they are aware of bitcoins?? Still long way to go.

Not only on the developing countries but even in the country where the majority of bitcoin trader is like china. I suspect still a lot of people hasnt heard about bitcoin yet. It is normal because some people are not aware of such technology yet. Especially something like bitcoin which is used as trading tools
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:47:31 PM

I Simply Don't Agree.

those must be the minority, because i know that even africa are aware of bitcoin, how could any others industrialized country did not know about it? sry but it sounds like bullshit
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:48:04 PM

I Simply Don't Agree.

those must be the minority, because i know that even africa are aware of bitcoin, how could any others industrialized country did not know about it? sry but it sounds like bullshit

Country means entire country as a whole. Just look at the population of China & India and half of the population would be minors that means 50% of population doesnt know what bitcoin is and even the educated people are not aware about the bitcoins Industrialised country doesn't mean that everyone is aware of all the technologies.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:57:13 PM

I went to China early this year, and my grand-aunts/uncles, who don't even know where Vietnam is relative to China, has heard of bitcoin.

The state news CCTV1 must've talked about it occasionally, and pretty much everyone in China watches it so I'd say the vast majority of Chinese people have heard about it. But they probably don't really know what it is.
jehst (OP)

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:47:04 AM

I was living in Taiwan. The security guard at a property I was looking at knew what bitcoin was. This was the guy standing at the desk with a walkie-talkie radio. I said it in Chinese (比特幣) and he said it was a kind of money. Random Indian guy I met in Cambodia knew about it. Random bartender I met in Korea knew about it. I've traveled around the world over the past year and you'd be surprised how many people have heard of it. They haven't heard of anarcho-capitalism but they know something about bitcoin.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 04:12:59 AM

I was living in Taiwan. The security guard at a property I was looking at knew what bitcoin was. This was the guy standing at the desk with a walkie-talkie radio. I said it in Chinese (比特幣) and he said it was a kind of money. Random Indian guy I met in Cambodia knew about it. Random bartender I met in Korea knew about it. I've traveled around the world over the past year and you'd be surprised how many people have heard of it. They haven't heard of anarcho-capitalism but they know something about bitcoin.

it's not easy to make those who have heard of bitcoin actually use it. i wonder what the reason for them is that they don't use it. did you ask them?
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 04:19:32 AM

The same was said about the internet in 1996. We've all seen how that turned out.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 09:18:44 AM

I just told a coworker about it two weeks ago for him to solve a financial problem to get around banks. Today he bought his first coin.

I really think it's just starting

shulio
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:52:24 AM

I Simply Don't Agree.

My country is way better than most country in africa but it doesnt mean that the whole people of my country know bitcoin. Like 20 % of the population in my country knows it and that conclude the means that people from developing countries doesnt know it. Things will change for sure but it will be still years later
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:12:45 PM

I Simply Don't Agree.

My country is way better than most country in africa but it doesnt mean that the whole people of my country know bitcoin. Like 20 % of the population in my country knows it and that conclude the means that people from developing countries doesnt know it. Things will change for sure but it will be still years later

and how do you know that, did you ask to all of them if they know or no about bitcoin? you guy are talking a bit random here, there is no proof that they don't know about bitcoin, you can only say that your acquaintances may not know about it at best

i still think that those who don't know about bitcoin are only a tiny percentage(in each country)... we have internet nowadays, the info are spread very fast, it is almost impossible to not know about something like bitcoin
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:00:11 PM

I don't agree with this statement.
I know many people in my country who are often on Internet, even buying and selling online, but they didn't hear about BTC.
Even merchants with company web shop didn't hear about bitcoin and if I or someone else try to suggest them to accept bitcoin in their business or start using it as buyer, first a lot explanation is needed.
I think that you are speaking from your own viewpoint and experience but reality is still very different.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Dajve

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:10:35 PM

To say Everyone who's going to hear about bitcoin has heard about it is quite a silly and ridiculous statement in my opinion. On the grand scheme of things bitcoin hasn't even even reached a few percent or its capability. Many people might have heard of it but are not interested in it currently but they may be in the future but there's still masses of people that haven't heard of it at all or have little to no idea what it's about.
shulio
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:39:36 PM

I Simply Don't Agree.

and how do you know that, did you ask to all of them if they know or no about bitcoin? you guy are talking a bit random here, there is no proof that they don't know about bitcoin, you can only say that your acquaintances may not know about it at best

i still think that those who don't know about bitcoin are only a tiny percentage(in each country)... we have internet nowadays, the info are spread very fast, it is almost impossible to not know about something like bitcoin

Because I know that from my own experience. Im in the science major here and guess what Im the only guy who know bitcoin. I know them since last year btw. Since you are not living in a developing countries I assume, you would not know that people care less about technology, especially the old people around.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 04:20:43 PM

There is still people who don't know what Bitcoin is that could benefit from its use.
The benefit has been privacy and private production of new coins. Today, after Edward Snowden, we know more.

And people do not anymore mine Bitcoins at home.

Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:19:15 AM

This is just ridiculous. Many people who regularly uses the internet have never heard of ( care enough enough to find out when someone mention it) bitcoin.Most of my immediate friends and family who are quite internet savvy have absolutely no clue on bitcoin's existence(yes, it's  anecdotal ) .Even among us who knows/interested about bitcoin that doesn't mean we're using it.I myself don't see my using bitcoin for the foreseeable future.

bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 05:00:15 AM

This is just ridiculous. Many people who regularly uses the internet have never heard of ( care enough enough to find out when someone mention it) bitcoin.Most of my immediate friends and family who are quite internet savvy have absolutely no clue on bitcoin's existence(yes, it's  anecdotal ) .Even among us who knows/interested about bitcoin that doesn't mean we're using it.I myself don't see my using bitcoin for the foreseeable future.

Exactly, I meet a lot of people on the internet on social sites/forums etc. and many of them still have no clue about it. Some have heard about it but didn't bothered to look into it as they didn't think it was worth looking at, others had simply never heard of it and these people are well educated and tech savvy and they come from countries where there are a lot of people use bitcoins and there are exchanges there who deals in Bitcoin.

I think there's still a lot of scope as far as making people aware is concerned and I don't agree with OP or other people who think that everyone's heard of it.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:09:31 AM

I don't agree with this statement.
I know many people in my country who are often on Internet, even buying and selling online, but they didn't hear about BTC.
Even merchants with company web shop didn't hear about bitcoin and if I or someone else try to suggest them to accept bitcoin in their business or start using it as buyer, first a lot explanation is needed.
I think that you are speaking from your own viewpoint and experience but reality is still very different.

define many people, because you guys are always talking about your acquaintances, that it is only an inner circle of people, they don't represent many at all

and do not confuse "didn't hear" with didn't knowing how it work, because this is what i get from the "first a lot explanation is needed."

because there are many out there that did hear about bitcoin, but they do not have the faintest idea what it is
BTC_Superman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:01:43 AM

hear about bitcoin and actually using bitcoin not same. Many people hear about Bitcoin but they do not know how to use it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: