Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA is attempting to crack Bitcoin?  (Read 3297 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:25:56 AM

IM curious about what happened if they craked the bitcoin? They can get a bitcoin? Or get a bitcoin to every address?
Shindo1988

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Samurai

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:09:48 PM

Since the begining of this century, NSA has invested billion dollars in some secret activities to keep its ability of eavesdrop and taken this as its great mission. If the information from terrorist, foreign spy and other foes, US will be the one to attack.
It is said that NSA cooperates with multipal technology companies to use high speed computer to crack secret codes. This institue has decoded the encryption skill of protecting global business and bank system, kept the business secret,medical record and other sensitive data, at the same time, the safety of emails, internet surfing, online chatting in US is automatically protected.
An intelligence budget file has shown that this kind of action is still going on. The American national intelligence supervisor James R. Clapper Jr. has written that:"We have invested a lot of funds on breakthrough password analysis to attack the password technology and network traffic of foes."
There is rumor in the past that Bitcoin is one of the institutions of NSA.However, all the details around the national institution have shown that Bitcoin community has become the goal. Many people in Bitcoin community believe that NSA is cracking the Bitcoin agreement, which is one of the great tasks for them.

How exactly is the NSA going to crack Bitcoin?
I am really curious.
I would really like to know what kind of alien technology they will use to accomplish that?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

╲╲ ╲╲ COINOMAT.COM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╱╱ ╱╱ First Instant Crypto Exchange                              Sign Up Now!                    Visit our Facebook & Twitter
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:43:43 PM

IM curious about what happened if they craked the bitcoin? They can get a bitcoin? Or get a bitcoin to every address?

If they cracked down bitcoin now, they will get free to control the movement of bitcoin and we are doom since the bitcoin has been controlled over but on the other side bitcoin has a chance to grow higher enough. Thats what I think but still bitcoin havent been cracked right so we can just relax for now
Shindo1988

Bitcoin Samurai

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:38:17 PM

If they cracked down bitcoin now, they will get free to control the movement of bitcoin and we are doom since the bitcoin has been controlled over but on the other side bitcoin has a chance to grow higher enough. Thats what I think but still bitcoin havent been cracked right so we can just relax for now

I do not think they can crack it unless,
they have some sort of a backdoor in Sha-256.
I believe they have done something similar before.

╱╱ ╱╱ First Instant Crypto Exchange                              Sign Up Now!                    Visit our Facebook & Twitter
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:40:37 PM

First NSA had already broken Bitcoin, now they are attempting to break it? Are we going backwards in time?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:44:52 PM

First NSA had already broken Bitcoin, now they are attempting to break it? Are we going backwards in time?

So what do they got after they break it? And why OP ask the same question again? Will NSA break this again for the second times?
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:46:20 PM

So what do they got after they break it? And why OP ask the same question again? Will NSA break this again for the second times?

No, they are just assumptions, but people got their assumptions backwards, I guess.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Shindo1988

Bitcoin Samurai

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:50:12 PM

No, they are just assumptions, but people got their assumptions backwards, I guess.

I think the OP is just trying to spread FUD.
Nobody told him that Bitcoin doesn't get any cheaper than this.
Buy now before the price rises.

BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:56:09 PM

So they just do speculation right? Because there are so mant threads that talk about this things but never get to a conclusion. So they havent break it for the first time right?
Dotakels

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:06:34 PM

They can control the bitcoinbitcoin so they can put the bitcoin in their want address or less they can move the bitcoin from your address to his address? Thats what i thinking.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

The code is open source, there's nothing to crack.

FUD
French_Coin_Corporation

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:45:42 PM

i hope it's not true... because if they want.. they do ..  Shocked
French_Coin_Corporation

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:47:44 PM

Since the begining of this century, NSA has invested billion dollars in some secret activities to keep its ability of eavesdrop and taken this as its great mission. If the information from terrorist, foreign spy and other foes, US will be the one to attack.
It is said that NSA cooperates with multipal technology companies to use high speed computer to crack secret codes. This institue has decoded the encryption skill of protecting global business and bank system, kept the business secret,medical record and other sensitive data, at the same time, the safety of emails, internet surfing, online chatting in US is automatically protected.
An intelligence budget file has shown that this kind of action is still going on. The American national intelligence supervisor James R. Clapper Jr. has written that:"We have invested a lot of funds on breakthrough password analysis to attack the password technology and network traffic of foes."
There is rumor in the past that Bitcoin is one of the institutions of NSA.However, all the details around the national institution have shown that Bitcoin community has become the goal. Many people in Bitcoin community believe that NSA is cracking the Bitcoin agreement, which is one of the great tasks for them.

I am really curious.
I would really like to know what kind of alien technology they will use to accomplish that?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

quantum computer.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:56:51 PM

FUD

This.

What is there to crack? It would be a greater use of resources for them to explore the blockchain and get familiar with tracking transactions and how to use the blockchain for other things.
Cruxer

Activity: 184

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:13:43 AM

It's probably more of importance to them to de-anonymize Bitcoin users than it is to actually crack Bitcoin private keys.
Agree, it seems as obvious target. Cracking Bitcoin Private Keys is kinda impossible from what i red.
Jammalan the Prophet

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:21:43 AM

FUD

This.

What is there to crack? It would be a greater use of resources for them to explore the blockchain and get familiar with tracking transactions and how to use the blockchain for other things.

It would be even cheaper to build some (or some more) miners and "kill" bitcoin by not including transactions in solved blocks.
BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:55:29 AM

I would like to know how one "cracks" a virtual currency.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:22:09 AM

It's probably more of importance to them to de-anonymize Bitcoin users than it is to actually crack Bitcoin private keys.
Agree, it seems as obvious target. Cracking Bitcoin Private Keys is kinda impossible from what i red.
Hahah why us? do you want to lose your btc? you giving them an idea. :3 If they do that and they success promise me many of users will lose their bitcoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:27:38 AM

I am really curious.

quantum computer.

only work on ecdsa not on sha256, and i'm sure using a quantum computer to break an assets(bitcoin) with a joke marketcap, it isn't worth it at the moment, i believe their quantum computer is super expensive to make, if they ever hold one secretly
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:05:08 AM

I would like to know how one "cracks" a virtual currency.

It is not the same with what you know of the usual cracking. What it means is that the cracking will only decrypt the hash and so that the NSA could track on every single transaction of it. This is ofcourse against the principal of bitcoin , anonimous transaction.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: