Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:53:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miracles of Islam  (Read 679 times)
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:18:05 PM

So..

The other thread got closed because we kept proving them wrong.

I will make another version of it so it wont be closed and people can talk as they want to here.
(You still have to follow forum rules)

So.. Let me start...

The moon split in two, and was put back together. (Its hard for me to write without cracking up)

What else do we have?

Spark some discussion Tongue

~Hamuki

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:26:46 PM

So..

I will make another version of it so it wont be closed and people can talk as they want to here.

So.. Let me start...

The moon split in two, and was put back together. (Its hard for me to write without cracking up)

What else do we have?

~Hamuki
Indeed.  Courtesy of NASA and the LRO/LCROSS spacecraft, we now have mapped the entire Moon down to 1/2 meter at the poles and about 2 meters at the equator.   This entire planetary database is available on the Internet.  Here is one link to the work-

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/lola-topo-map.html

We also know, because the Moon has a vacuum, no rain, no snow, no surface movement except when a new rock hits it from space, the rate of accumulation of new dust on the surface to be about 1 mm per 1000 years.   Therefore, the splitting of the Moon would have only got about one millimeter of new dust.

I am willing to help devout Muslims look on these high resolution maps for evidence of their prophet splitting the Moon.

This may be a unique opportunity for religion to be proved by science, or for science to refute an alleged miracle.

Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:32:47 PM

Please stop, I am at work and people keep looking at me because I start laughing xD

Does anyone else have some miracles?
Or did all the muslims all of a sudden leave BTCtalk?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:36:30 PM

Please stop, I am at work and people keep looking at me because I start laughing xD

Does anyone else have some miracles?
Or did all the muslims all of a sudden leave BTCtalk?
I am ready with the fierce sword of Occim the Great (from the tribe of  Occim Razor) to cut off the numbers in of bad math, and with the Great Book of Aristotle (Logic) to split asunder the hordes of Truthians.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:56:46 PM

So.. Let me start...

Well, excessive consumption of ergot infested wheat and barley could cause such miracles... mixing with some khat will consummate the experience.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:04:57 PM

So.. Let me start...

Well, excessive consumption of ergot infested wheat and barley could cause such miracles... mixing with some khat will consummate the experience.

Indeed.  But think about it.  Almost all "miracles" are long in the past, and no evidence can be brought forth to disprove them.

Here is an opportunity to disprove completely a "miracle" that may be part of the beliefs of a billion people.

The surface of the Moon is so unchanging, footprints by the Apollo astronauts may be visible for millions of years.  If the Moon was split by Mohammed, evidence of that would certainly be there. 

What you have described is only a means by which well intentioned people might honestly believe the saw a miracle, not a post facto proof of the alleged miracle never have occurred.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:21:31 PM

Bitcoin on the moon. That was a miracle  Smiley

I can't see it on the maps tough..

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:43:51 PM

Indeed.  But think about it.  Almost all "miracles" are long in the past, and no evidence can be brought forth to disprove them.

Here is an opportunity to disprove completely a "miracle" that may be part of the beliefs of a billion people.

The surface of the Moon is so unchanging, footprints by the Apollo astronauts may be visible for millions of years.  If the Moon was split by Mohammed, evidence of that would certainly be there. 

What you have described is only a means by which well intentioned people might honestly believe the saw a miracle, not a post facto proof of the alleged miracle never have occurred.

I think a miracle is just yet another natural phenomenon what happened in a very good time for someone with a lot of observers. Most miracles are happened long time ago, indeed as in those times ppl were unable to explain great many natural things. Just send me back to the ancient Sumer (after a good sumerian and akkadian language course) with my current knowledge and if I don't die in gastroenteritis in the first few days (what would be a miracle on it's own) I can pretty much guarantee that I would be the most famous prophet or even god of the age who did miracles everyday Smiley. (...and I'd build a freakin' big ziggurat with bitcoin sign shaped layout just to fool the archaeologists Cheesy.)
CoolRunnings21

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Nenávist má sestru, to je závist.

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:40:12 PM

So..

So.. Let me start...

What else do we have?

~Hamuki

Dont forgot it was seen by 2 people and written in the Quran so it must be true!

NDotSO / Bourák
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:44:17 PM

So..

So.. Let me start...

What else do we have?

~Hamuki

Dont forgot it was seen by 2 people and written in the Quran so it must be true!

100%

Praised the lord its in the book!

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:02:45 PM

So..

So.. Let me start...

What else do we have?

~Hamuki

But how would they know?  It could have been cracked into 3 or 4 or 5!  If the pieces were on the back side nobody would know!   

<<Seriously, there is no such thing as a large space planet/planetoid "splitting into two."  They are not like a solid, but more like a gigantic rubble heap.    One can split into thousands or millions of pieces, but not into two.  This has been studied with asteroids.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:07:23 PM

This event is no less believable than any other religious claim? It's not like there was a flood, or a garden of Eden, or a parting of the red sea. All religions have stuff like this. They were, after all, from the ancient world when people believed in all sorts of monsters and miracles.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:08:06 PM

So..

So.. Let me start...

What else do we have?

~Hamuki

But how would they know?  It could have been cracked into 3 or 4 or 5!  If the pieces were on the back side nobody would know!   

<<Seriously, there is no such thing as a large space planet/planetoid "splitting into two."  They are not like a solid, but more like a gigantic rubble heap.    One can split into thousands or millions of pieces, but not into two.  This has been studied with asteroids.

Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:09:01 PM

This event is no less believable than any other religious claim? It's not like there was a flood, or a garden of Eden, or a parting of the red sea. All religions have stuff like this. They were, after all, from the ancient world when people believed in all sorts of monsters and miracles.

I am not saying that there is any other "supreme" religion.
But yea.. Every religion has its claim of stuff.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:33:22 PM

But you see, we know there WERE floods.  You can find small sea shells on mountains.  There is an explanation for low waters on "the red sea."

Such "miracles" can be classified into various sorts.  A natural event occurring exactly when it was needed (the red sea).  We can't refute that that happened, can we?

The flood - the natural conclusion from finding shells in high places.  From which a story, then a myth, is derived.

Letard - fifth century France - said to be able to make it rain when he prayed.  Yes his arthritus could have signaled pressure changes and then he went to pray - confusing cause and effect - but we cannot prove or disprove his miracles.
The "Splitting of the Moon" seems to be a unique case, where by way of science and technology we can affirmatively state that it did not happen.

That is why I see it differently than other supposed miracles.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:04:28 PM

But you see, we know there WERE floods.  You can find small sea shells on mountains.  There is an explanation for low waters on "the red sea."

Such "miracles" can be classified into various sorts.  A natural event occurring exactly when it was needed (the red sea).  We can't refute that that happened, can we?

The flood - the natural conclusion from finding shells in high places.  From which a story, then a myth, is derived.

Letard - fifth century France - said to be able to make it rain when he prayed.  Yes his arthritus could have signaled pressure changes and then he went to pray - confusing cause and effect - but we cannot prove or disprove his miracles.
The "Splitting of the Moon" seems to be a unique case, where by way of science and technology we can affirmatively state that it did not happen.

That makes sense. And it could have been a eclipse or something that was confused with the moon splitting. I suspect the flood story of Noah and the ark also has some roots in a real event. It is clearly derived from the earlier Mesopotamian story "Gilgamesh". Perhaps it is a telling of epic floods in the Tigress Euphrates river valley?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:23:07 PM

That makes sense. And it could have been a eclipse or something that was confused with the moon splitting. I suspect the flood story of Noah and the ark also has some roots in a real event. It is clearly derived from the earlier Mesopotamian story "Gilgamesh". Perhaps it is a telling of epic floods in the Tigress Euphrates river valley?

I don't know the history of that area, maybe.  But another easy one would be tales of dragons and monsters in various cultures.  Probably someone had seen dinosaur footprints in a streambed or somewhere, or fossils.  Plausible.

But you see, we have a complete record of eclipses, too.   So if the dates of the supposed event were known, or possibly even the seasons, that can be looked at as causative. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: