Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:39:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sucked out  (Read 2500 times)
Thunderbit (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:11:04 PM

ive been playing poker for over 20 years... and i do fairly well.   ive been playing at sealswithclubs for the last few days and i have never been sucked out so often by lesser hands. i will never play anything but a freeroll there again. every time i am heavily favored it never fails that runner runner comes for someone that has no business in the hand....  if you want to have fun and play free rolls thats fine a good...but if youre a serious poker player i recomend staying fAR away from this site.....unreal.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:13:47 PM

What does "sucked out" mean?

I play there from time to time.  I am not a pro poker player, nor do I play often.  It works just fine for me, I guess.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 04:31:27 PM

Yes people are probably gambling instead of playing poker.  You shouldn't complain and just tighten up and you'll make more money.  Just play by pot odds and only go all-in with the nuts.  I used to play lot's of penny-poker on PokerStars and made lots.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:59:46 PM

Yes people are probably gambling instead of playing poker.  You shouldn't complain and just tighten up and you'll make more money.  Just play by pot odds and only go all-in with the nuts.  I used to play lot's of penny-poker on PokerStars and made lots.
Exactly - it's a different demographic of players.  Don't complain that you aren't playing with pro's - just learn to adapt to the strategies that people are using on it, and make money accordingly.  Wink
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 07:37:02 PM

If you make sure to always get it in with the worst odds you'll be the only one sucking out ;-)

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
ErnestoJuarell

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

¿Sabe lo que quiero decir?

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:47:33 PM

What about if they're cheating? They don't show any hashes,seeds or other info about the deck/hand right? They could have one or more bots at each table playing. The bot could either play while "seeing" everyone's cards along with the deck, or the deck/bot's hand could even be manipulated in the bot's favor.

IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 09:51:28 PM

ive been playing poker for over 20 years... and i do fairly well.   ive been playing at sealswithclubs for the last few days and i have never been sucked out so often by lesser hands. i will never play anything but a freeroll there again. every time i am heavily favored it never fails that runner runner comes for someone that has no business in the hand....  if you want to have fun and play free rolls thats fine a good...but if youre a serious poker player i recomend staying fAR away from this site.....unreal.

The play on Seals is very loose, so you're going to get sucked out on with more frequency. The upside to this is when your hand does hold up, you'll win a larger pot.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 10:28:16 PM

When someone has a much worse hand than you but calls your big bet anyway when they really should have folded, and then proceeds to get just the card(s) he needs to beat you, he has "sucked out" on you.

Say I have 2d 7d, and you have 5c 5s.  The flop comes 2s Kd 5h.  I have a pair of 2s, you have trip 5s.  I bet, you raise, I put you all-in and you call.  Then we see Qd 8d on the turn and river.  I've sucked out on you by catching a runner runner flush.

The reason you see a lot of suck outs on seals, especially on the freerolls, is that people are playing any two cards a lot of the time, and not caring whether they lose because there's another freeroll in less than an hour.  Play for play money on any poker site and you'll see the same thing over and over.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 10:49:40 PM

When someone has a much worse hand than you but calls your big bet anyway when they really should have folded, and then proceeds to get just the card(s) he needs to beat you, he has "sucked out" on you.

Say I have 2d 7d, and you have 5c 5s.  The flop comes 2s Kd 5h.  I have a pair of 2s, you have trip 5s.  I bet, you raise, I put you all-in and you call.  Then we see Qd 8d on the turn and river.  I've sucked out on you by catching a runner runner flush.

The reason you see a lot of suck outs on seals, especially on the freerolls, is that people are playing any two cards a lot of the time, and not caring whether they lose because there's another freeroll in less than an hour.  Play for play money on any poker site and you'll see the same thing over and over.
Ah, thanks for the explanation.  I kind of gathered that general idea from reading through other comments on this thread, but that clears it up 100% for me.  And yes, the freerolls are particularly bad for this.  I usually either do the same (bet all-in almost every hand from the start), or stay out of those pots until it's just the more reasonable people left in the game.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:00:31 PM

[...], or stay out of those pots until it's just the more reasonable people left in the game.

Trouble is by then everyone's got twice as many chips as me.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:06:55 PM

[...], or stay out of those pots until it's just the more reasonable people left in the game.

Trouble is by then everyone's got twice as many chips as me.
This is true.  Cheesy

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 08:47:53 PM

ive been playing poker for over 20 years...

wow
you must be a pretty old chick to have been playing poker 20 years.
ErnestoJuarell

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:59:00 PM

wow
A lot of guys start playing casually with friends while in their teens or even younger. OP is most likely 32-55

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 02:21:24 AM

wow
A lot of guys start playing casually with friends while in their teens or even younger. OP is most likely 32-55

But she could've started when she was 50 and is currently 70. Are bitcoins exclusively a young womans game??
Thunderbit (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:16:56 AM

im 20....i came out of the womb with a losing hand
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:31:45 PM

every site is rigged.  Roll Eyes

http://bit.ly/rJslMw

ErnestoJuarell

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:30:30 PM

every site is rigged.  Roll Eyes

http://bit.ly/rJslMw
Except for the sites that release hashes and keys that could be used to verify fairness.

OneVillain

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 07:09:57 PM

If every site is rigged I guess we are too  Tongue, but collusion isn't possible anyways at our new site.  We worry about players working in teams online so we've made a totally Heads-Up site, you vs. 1 other player.

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter
SteamGamesBTC.com

Activity: 734
Merit: 507

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 09:56:34 AM

Don't worry buddy. Just press the magic button and all worries will go away.:
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

SteamGamesBTC.com
> Automatic 24/7 bot: purchase any Steam game 20% cheaper with Bitcoin! <
Mosrite

Activity: 70

sealswithclubs.eu

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:52:16 AM

I play on site and man make big suck on me. But then I come under chairman micon's ample bosom and I win. Now I am on newly formed seals team Ukraine.

https://sealswithclubs.eu/seals-team-pro/

learn, chat and play with me at sealswithclubs.eu
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: