Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:53:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitseed - dedicated full node hardware  (Read 1840 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitseedOrg (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 04:54:20 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 07:50:55 AM by BitseedOrg

Bitseed
Dedicated full node hardware

Bitseed, a company founded by Mike Doty, Jay Feldis, Konn Danley, and John Light, is proud to officially announce the Bitseed Bitcoin Edition, our dedicated “plug and play” bitcoin full-node server, which is available now on our website.

A Bitseed personal server is designed to run services and applications that you want to have on and available 24/7 within your own home or office. It is small, quiet (no fans), and draws very little power, but is powerful enough to run cutting edge decentralized services.

The Bitseed Core edition of the Bitseed personal server comes preconfigured as a Bitcoin full node. Running the official Bitcoin Core open source client, it maintains the entire Bitcoin blockchain, strengthening and securing the Bitcoin network. The Bitcoin blockchain has grown to over 30GB in size, and is no longer convenient to run on a notebook, mobile device or even a workstation PC – yet full nodes are necessary for the health of the network. Bitseed Core allows you to keep bitcoin running 24/7 without slowing your PC or crimping your mobile lifestyle.

Bitseed Core features:

• Custom case design
  • Custom user interface
  • 250GB HDD
  • Automatically runs bitcoind
  • Full Bitcoin blockchain pre-installed
  • Easy Setup – just plug it into your router with the ethernet cable provided. Bitseed will start bitcoin and keep it running.
  • Low Power – uses less than 10 watts (about 1/10 of a typical PC).
  • No display monitor needed.
  • OS is Ubuntu 14 with optional GUI desktop. Bitseed can support a mouse, keyboard and HDMI monitor if desired.

Bitseed is perfect for bitcoin developers, researchers, and hobbyists. Run a Bitseed Bitcoin full node to get secure access to the blockchain and support the Bitcoin network.

Bitseed can be configured to support alternative blockchains as well. Contact us for special orders.

Thanks for checking us out!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitseedOrg (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 02:00:51 AM

Due to popular demand from our customers, we are offering an upgrade to a 250GB HDD for Bitseed v2.

Now through Sunday May 10, pre-order Bitseed v2 to get a free 250 GB HDD upgrade:

https://bitseed.org/product/pre-order-bitseed-v2/
BitseedOrg (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 09:58:11 PM

We’re happy to announce the #SupportFullNodes social media campaign, an opportunity to help spread the word about Bitseed and save up to $10 on your Bitseed v2 pre-order.

You can read the full details in our blog post: https://bitseed.org/support-full-nodes/
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:45:46 AM

This is just a bitcoin wallet running on dedicated hardware right??

Can & would u recommend users use the wallet as online storage for btc?

If so what type of firewall or protection is on this??

If not then what is the point other than running a full time node??

Some people cant afford the cost no matter how small to just run a node which does not supply usage or income??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me this is priced way to high to buy considering it just pulls power & has no use or income other than being a node....

And now the more i think about it, Im starting to wonder why these are not built into miners, That way the miner would have the choice of running there miner in a pool or solo mining without having to run a pool or use someone elses (Like ck's solo pool)

Thoughts???

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:38:55 AM

well I got a bitseeds v2 node a couple months ago .just got it up .plug'd it in...went to the gui pages etc

says i can't change stuff from gui page (instructions) or so I think

don't know putty or linaro linux so anyone want to walk me thru putty to watch it from there just to see if it is a brick or not?

tough when no email support on device home www page

so clueless at this time wtf it is doing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 10:34:10 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just saw the post, and have forwarded a link to this message to Jay. There should be contact info in the instructions which shipped with your unit as well, and you can PM me with your contact info as well to get your issue resolved.

bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 09:13:39 PM

Just tested "Contact Us" form. Please fill out the fields, answer the captcha, and submit. We will receive the email to respond. Thanks

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:41:35 AM

Just tested "Contact Us" form. Please fill out the fields, answer the captcha, and submit. We will receive the email to respond. Thanks

It is that big a mess to get verified on bitnodes that you can't reply here?

Anyway don't care about their 10 buck incentive where you have to run a www service on the PI on your unit in order to 'prove' such

Just want to get on bitnodes as a full node and be able to be seen on the map and it seems without some kind of api dance (which i've no clue about)
using java scrypt and your browser

It seems I only stay on their nodes for a bit then I'm dumped as not being verified. The product was plug an play. The instructions that came with were 'quite
frankly' a joke

so anyway my experiences so far with this ....just won't take..again because I am not able to VERIFY node on their site running a java scrypt of whatever  (tried no go)

anyway I await your response from 'where ever'

My thoughts are if other non progaming 'newbs' are using your device and assuming they do run as a full node ..even if the bitnodes site does NOT see them..then you
have a heck of a lot of unregistered nodes out there imho

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 06:01:01 PM

I have a BTC node...that went 'phooey'.

It was the 'lazy' way to get a BTC node..just buy it.

It is a Bitseed BTC Node with 1TB HD. (Maybe it went phooey because 1TB is not enough?

Now that the place is out of business, not even sure if the site is still up. I tried www.bitseed.org

and such is dead. Anyway, suggestions on doing a rebuild with the PI and the 1TB in this beastie. I THINK

the PI is a Model 2, but unsure.

So, anyone else in this boat. Also my LINUX to build such consists of following detailed instructions line by line,

er...NONE.

Thanks

Brad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: