Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:13:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think BFL's new ASIC is a lie?
Yes - 88 (23.8%)
NO - 119 (32.2%)
NO, but they are lying about performance, delivery dates etc. - 162 (43.9%)
Total Voters: 369

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project  (Read 26571 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 01:48:10 PM

I think thats been photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels cause i have seen a lot of photoshops in my time.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 01:51:26 PM

Is it wrong that I'd rather have those vintage computers than the new video card?

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
Kaliecious

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:05:19 PM

I still have have 3 commodore 64's aand 4 or 5 1541 drives and 3 1581 drives. I wonder what I would get on ebay for them. lol

reeses
Donator

Activity: 151

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:11:28 PM

I think thats been photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels cause i have seen a lot of photoshops in my time.

Just admit that your team is using the parallel processing of the 6502s in the 1541s as hashers and are working on eliminating the thunks before shipping them as SC Singles.

Pixels, or beatific aura?Huh
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 03:14:30 PM

What you can't actually see in the picture is the bank of Apple III computers, suspended by an automated pulley system that raises each one 12 inches and drops it back to the floor to reseat the chips.  That is what's doing the hashing, the C64s are just the front end to the networked Apples.  That Apple ][gs Woz Edition is controlling the pulleys.

PS -

The aura is actually all of my awesome trying to burst forth from the picture frame.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 03:34:54 PM

Indeed, the bottom line is we are working to improve customer service and our shipping times.  We just shipped orders from the first of August, so we are getting caught up there.  I have been working hard on the customer service issue as well as the shipping issues.  We are also working very hard on getting the ASICs out the door on time.  We are really beefing up our production capacity and moving everything we can in house.  We've purchased a pick and place machine, an oven, stenciler and other equipment to manufacture all the boards in house.  This means we can produce as many boards as we need without being at the mercy of board manufacturers and their timing/runs.  

Our ASIC chip is 100% original IP and we will have as many chips as we need, when we need them.  We are standardizing a lot of our equipment, so we can keep massive quantities of inventory on hand (at least 6 months of production work is the goal), allowing us to crank out units - literally - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if need be.  We've hired more personnel and will be hiring yet more people as we gear up.  

The ASIC generation is going to be much less complex, as well, so there will be less steps to creating a fully functional end unit, and we will also be able to assemble/produce the much faster.  Everything you know about BFL is changing now and will continue to change.  The only thing I can do is assure you we understand the concerns and we are doing everything we can to address the past mistakes.  

<tinfoil hat on>Then we listed the oven on eBay and sold it back to ourselves to make it look like we just purchased an oven as outlined in our recent press release.<tinfoil hat off>
king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 10:22:40 PM

Right... I don't have one.  Just like BFL is a scam.  Whatever.  This is why everything you say is complete bullshit.  You make statements and pronouncements that you have absolutely no ability to back up and you have absolutely no knowledge of, yet you try to proclaim these things as facts.  You know exactly nothing, and anything you say is basically crap.

I'll just leave this here.

Hahaha I loved that, dude I sad I doubt, I didn't say you don't have one.
I also doubt the existence of a BFL ASIC, but there may be one or two, or I guess there will be, sometimes in late January Cheesy

And I never sad BFL is a SCAM i sad BFLs ASIC is a Scam Wink (actually not a scam but they are just lying a lil bit)

I admit that I'm a skeptic, but I don't hate BFL I actually had 2 of their FPGAs for e couple of months. They were OK, a bit less performance than BLF claimed, but they worked just fine.

I hope u didn't write that with permanent marker Tongue and btw this is a first time someone wrote my nick on his hand. Please next time write it on some hot ( . )( . ) Cheesy

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
hackjealousy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 10:36:53 PM

I formly ignored all the asic talks so far as in some occasions something that sounds to good to be true eventually is , yeah, not true.
Or in an other context, you can put lipstick on a bear but its still a bear.

But damn, that bear's got back.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 11:06:14 PM

Boobs, got it... let me see what I can find.  I can write off the boob search as a business expense now, hot damn!

Gleamwar

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 11:24:57 AM

Dual GPU is nice for a gaming rig but for mining I'll just stick with my 7970s.

It would be more convincing if there were more than just mere words on a webpage to convince me of the reality of a product.
Between BTCFPGA, Butterfly and every other person jumping on the bandwagon ( i.e. Avalon ), your telling me there isn't a single
soul in these groups/companies who doesn't want to establish a little e-peen and show a frankenstein prototype actually running to prove they aren't blowing smoke.  I know very little about ASIC production but I thought most of these went from FPGA prototyping to ASIC.
Regardless, if they already went through the foundry for pressing, wouldn't they have all the tests that are conducted there to provide the stress levels etc.

Didn't I read on the forums somewhere that you are working for/with Butterfly now, Inaba?

Let's play guess-the-alt.

I am not the alt of anyone on this board, thank you.
What I do try to do is give a little thought and research into something before shelling out tons of money on it.
I don't walk into the first car dealership I find, and just give my hard earned cash to a car salesman.
I'm more than willing to part with money for ASIC equipment, I just want to be sure I eventually get it.
Gatorhex

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 12:27:59 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2012, 12:54:02 PM by Gatorhex

This is the way I look at it..

BLF said..

"if needed, weekends and 24 hour shifts can keep the production line moving to satisfy quick delivery of customer orders. To this end we've purchased an entire SMT assembly suite and hired a capable team to run it. These units are currently being installed in our new facility."

"BFL_Office - 10-05-2012, 09:47 AM
The setup has a conservative capacity of 300 units per 8 hour shift or 900 units in a 24 hour day."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content.php/120-BFL-Invests-in-Assembly-Equipment

..ok if that is true, why is anyone bothering to risk money on a pre-order?  Tongue
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 12:43:59 PM

I know that when I buy manually produced tech devices that I would love to get ones produced towards the end of 24 hour shifts. "Can't get enough of your faults, baby."
Gatorhex

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 01:02:42 PM

I know that when I buy manually produced tech devices that I would love to get ones produced towards the end of 24 hour shifts. "Can't get enough of your faults, baby."

I suspect chips that fail to make the grade after the oven will end up in the Jalapeno (it's a slower speed)
I suspect faulty Single SC's will end up sold as Little Singles (with up to half the chips dissabled/damaged)

It's shows they have planned this through. Like bad Ati 5890s are graded down to 5850s and 5830s.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 01:40:34 PM

This is the way I look at it..

BLF said..

"if needed, weekends and 24 hour shifts can keep the production line moving to satisfy quick delivery of customer orders. To this end we've purchased an entire SMT assembly suite and hired a capable team to run it. These units are currently being installed in our new facility."

"BFL_Office - 10-05-2012, 09:47 AM
The setup has a conservative capacity of 300 units per 8 hour shift or 900 units in a 24 hour day."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content.php/120-BFL-Invests-in-Assembly-Equipment

..ok if that is true, why is anyone bothering to risk money on a pre-order?  Tongue
Because:
"As many of you know, we've purchased SMT machines to allow us to manufacture our own boards - and I have mentioned this before, but many have not heard it - we will not be using the SMT equipment to process our first batch of boards; we will be using the same house that did the pick and place for our previous generation products, which means we're still at the mercy of someone else for our first batch shipments. There has been some delays at that stage, but we have the padding, so it's not been a critical issue. There has also been some delays at the foundry, but again, we have padding, so it's not been a critical issue. We are also paying for an expedited run at the foundry (which does not come cheap) to keep our timeline up."

from https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/104-Shipping-in-2-3-weeks?p=1461&viewfull=1#post1461

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 07:04:22 AM

I suspect chips that fail to make the grade after the oven will end up in the Jalapeno (it's a slower speed)
I suspect faulty Single SC's will end up sold as Little Singles (with up to half the chips dissabled/damaged)

It's shows they have planned this through. Like bad Ati 5890s are graded down to 5850s and 5830s.

There is no 5890, but the 5870's cypress core featured disabled shaders for the 5850 and 5830 lines.  These GPUs were not binned due to defect, but designed for each product line to be physically limited in amount of available shaders.

My best guess is that the BFL Little Single will consist of 4 ASIC chips (spaced in a square or diamond pattern as it relates to the released reference board pic), or that it'll have a full 8 chips and a cheaper VRM system, probably with a fixed low voltage that does not allow significant overclocking.  I doubt there will be significant variance in the quality of ASIC chips produced.

bitcoinspace

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 10:31:31 AM

I pre-ordered one and it does take about a week for them to answer my questions, but I've only emailed them once since my pre-order for a single back in Jan of 2012.  So I'm awaiting my single in Nov/Dec.
HolyScott

Activity: 181

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 08:52:57 PM

Hope not, if it is i'll be in the poor house.
Bia Yao Ma

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 09:14:57 PM

Never put all your eggs in one basket, especially when that basket is on the internet.
sippsnapp

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 08:02:09 AM

Never put all your eggs in one basket, especially when that basket is on the internet.
This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qid_WGBrQjA

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 12:47:34 AM

I just LOVED this!

Day 0 is expected roughly around November 30th, plus or minus a week:

Day T-10: Four of the five ASIC manufacturers claim to be finalizing the design / optimizing / trying to resolve some nagging power issue / whatever, yet not a single person that pre-paid for an ASIC has one in-hand.
Day T-8: Difficulty of 3.5 million and exchange rate of $15 mean profitability is still acceptable for GPU miners paying average electric rates or less.
Day T-5: A lot more "N Ghash/s for sale" listings will start to appear [Edit: as-in total liquidation of N GHash/s of capacity]
Day T-4: Difficulty for Litecoin rises as miners experiment, causing there to be no chance of profit from Litecoin mining either.
Day T-3: Block 209,664 -- last difficulty adjustment before the block subsidy reward drops (fact, not a prediction)
Day T-1: Last day that anywhere near 7,200 BTC is produced (fact, not a prediction)
Day 0: Block 210,000 hits and only about 3,600 are produced (fact, not a prediction)
Day 1: Blocks slow to about 11 minutes as some GPU miners realize basic math and power down.
Day 2: Exchange rate volatile, both up and down, but returns to previous levels -- about $15.
Day 3: Anger and vitriol from GPU miners who are still "underwater" on their GPUs purchased in 2012.
Day 4: Anger and vitriol from FPGA miners who somehow didn't realize that "much more efficient" doesn't protect against a revenue drop of 50%
Day 5: Blocks slow to about 12 minutes as more GPU miners realize the payouts are dismal and begin to proceed past "denial", the first step in the grieving process,
Day 6: ASIC hardware developers see an even greater number of prepayments for hardware. Much gnashing of teeth on the forums.
Day 7: Hashing on CoinLab's GPU network grows tremendously as miners cash in their built-up loyalty credits.
Day 8: Nearly all NVidia GPUs that were used for mining are now either computing with CoinLab or have been decommissioned.
Day 9: Gamers elated over some really good AMD and NVidia graphics cards available "really, really cheap" on eBay.
Day 10: Blocks slow to about 13 minutes, as not only did the block reward subsidy drop but so did the frequency of blocks -- making mining bring in even less revenue each day.
Day 11: Speculators hoping for the "doubling" of the exchange rate realize it didn't happen (or perhaps already happened, from $5-ish, over the summer), and sell off a little Exchange rate drops to $12-ish.
Day 12: ASIC manfuacturers claim to be finalizing the design / optimizing / trying to resolve some nagging power issue / whatever, yet not a single person that pre-paid for an ASIC has one in-hand.
Day 13: Block 211,680 - difficulty adjusts. Drops 15%. Back to one block every ten minutes.
Day 14: Mining operators are still seeing electric bills from the previous month's consumption. Even more anger, vitriol and gnashing of teeth.
Day 15: Christmas-related activities overtake bitcoin as being the event more important to many mining operators.
Day 25: The daily "average price" remains in a range between $12 and $15.
Day 26: Many "slightly used" GPU cards land in wrapped boxes under trees. Others, particularly those who had a larger investment in their GPU rigs, are using the phrase "bah, humbug" more than they had in any prior holiday season.
Day 27: Difficult adjusts, dropping another 5%. Yawn.
Day 30: ASIC manufacturers claim to be finalizing the design / optimizing / trying to resolve some nagging power issue / whatever, yet not a single person that pre-paid for an ASIC has one in-hand.

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: