Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:49:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New 400 BTC Bounty Pales Roger Ver's 37.6 BTC Bounty for Return of Stolen BTC  (Read 18338 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:25:11 PM

Well if I was davout, I'd have a "buddy" negotiate this settlement pronto - settle for $50k, take the 400BTC reward.  Easy money! Grin

SOB! I didn't think of that, that he may use this thread now to his advantage, and still come out like a motherfuckin' bandit. Fuck me royal! The only thing I can say about this revelation is that he best have an anonymous pseudo-liaison (or is it pseudo-anonymous liaison?) person in place, otherwise I will get really pissed.

Do not settle for anything less than owed! Renege publicly right now and use the scenario above. All BTC not a single fucking satoshshi less. They are enjoying the value of your BTC. Personally, I would not wait. I would sue the them and go for max value in US dollars because you would have sold them at their peak, being the savvy investor that you are (hint hint). Use a US Court because they are notorious for awarding high damages. Your pain and suffering is worth BTC.

I'm trying to be fair, albeit going from a $50K settlement to now a minimum of $150K USD, and possibly climbing all the way back up to the full 1,132 BTC the more I dig. Holy fuck! I just realized that I'm now a miner. It's a fuckin' shame that it's my coins I'm mining, but a miner I now is nonetheless. It feels good to be  miner.  Cry Okay, maybe not that good.

~Bruno Kucinskas
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:29:23 PM

Do not settle for anything less than owed! Renege publicly right now and use the scenario above. All BTC not a single fucking satoshshi less. They are enjoying the value of your BTC. Personally, I would not wait. I would sue the them and go for max value in US dollars because you would have sold them at their peak, being the savvy investor that you are (hint hint). Use a US Court because they are notorious for awarding high damages. Your pain and suffering is worth BTC.

Unfortunately Paymium being a french company he can only sue them here in France, and has only two possibilities :
- a civil case, in which he has to prove everything himself,
- a criminal case, where he may get a bit of help from the police.

Given what I have read so far, he is unable to provide the slightest track of the incoming bitcoins, which would be the absolute minimum to prove that (a) he had the money in the first place and (b) he sent it to Paymium.

Without these the civil case is not even an option, and the criminal way could be very difficult too.

Great! Now, I can continue to drag their good name through the mud till them bastards give, seeing that I probably won't be suing them, with holding out hope that they sue me. Either way, somebody, somewhere, somehow is going to be opening up Paymium's books, books I know as a fact they rather not have open, for their concern and, moreover, other Bitcoin entity's concerns. Know what I mean, JellyBean?

I say I got these Frenchies by their tiny balls.

~Bruno Kucinskas
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:30:28 PM

Nice bounty....I'm fairly new to this forum but read quite a bit about your quest to get your BTC back. Hopefully this will help.

I hope that you get your coins back, but I believe that it is a long shot that your bounty will help.

The reason for this is that you are asking for the wrong outcome. By offering 400 BTC to get your ~1.1k BTC back you are essentially saying that you will give someone money if they give (get) you more money. Due to the fact that whoever holds the keys to the address that contains the unspent outputs of BTC owns the coins there would be little incentive for someone who was able to somehow get your coins in their possession to return them to you.

A "better" bounty would be one that offers 400 (or other amount) BTC for the arrest (or indictment, or conviction - it is up to you) of the person/persons that stole the BTC. This would give people an incentive to spend time and resources investigating who stole the coins and would also give an incentive to return all/some of the stolen coins.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:32:54 PM

I can't understand how it is possible that Phinnaeus (sorry, I just see that it's the first time I write your pseudo correctly) dont even have a single tx ID of a transaction going to this wallet.

You have never send funds on it via bitcoin-QT ?

This is going to come as a shocker to you, but I seriously don't know what a bitcoin-QT is unless I Google it first. InstaWallet was the only wallet I ever used due to its simplicity and, moreover, the people operating it were held to high esteem, myself even elevating them higher. Sick, ain't it? Motherfuckin' sick!

~Bruno Kucinskas
btchip

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:34:32 PM

I tried the honey approach twice, now I love the taste of vinegar and salt.

easier said than done I guess, but you should try your best to calm down, forget about davout (he might not be providing the most conventional customer support for you Grin) and provide everybody with as much information as possible regarding where the coins you put into Instawallet came from - every little piece of information is welcome, and there are concerned french people really trying to help here.

Nicolas Dorier

Activity: 714
Merit: 619

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:42:54 PM

But, you have to enter the public address somewhere to fund it, no ?
Gave it to a friend to receive bitcoins?

Except if it were running on a sort of fractional reserve different than 100%, in which case, one part of it was just debt, off blockchain, without any proof, and bruno bought that. (nothing wrong doing it, that's how our banking system works)

I say I got these Frenchies by their tiny balls.
Well I guess, as long as they have your money, they are the one that get you by the balls. Shocked

Anyway, if I can run a block scan for particular transaction information (id, timestamp, amount of btc, whatever) I can do it, so if you know more let me know.

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:45:02 PM

Could you provide people with all public information you can about where the bitcoins you put into Instawallet came from (another online wallet ? only a single transfer or multiple transfers over time ?)

I think that'd be more productive that trying to find some sense in PR strategies or press quotes  Grin

They were purchased anonymously at a restaurant halfway between Sandwich, IL, and Chicago, in Naperville, IL, about the second week of December, 2012. Taxing my memory, the total was 1,132 + x(single digit).xxx... and immediately put in a freshly created InstaWallet bitcoin wallet. A couple/three days later I split the three accounts up into 1,000, 132, and x.xxx... wallets, always using InstaWallet while in my possession. Hope that helps with your plans.

At one time on my old laptop that I no longer have due to going dead, I took a couple screenshots of URL pages and had the old URLs bookmarked. One of the last things I was able to do was recover the URLs via a thumbdrive. The old laptop was still functional when I made the initial claims, but no longer when I resubmitted all three claims in Oct., Nov., and Dec. of last year. Claims that davout claims he now can't find.

~Bruno Kucinskas
btchip

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:50:34 PM

Could you provide people with all public information you can about where the bitcoins you put into Instawallet came from (another online wallet ? only a single transfer or multiple transfers over time ?)

I think that'd be more productive that trying to find some sense in PR strategies or press quotes  Grin

They were purchased anonymously at a restaurant halfway between Sandwich, IL, and Chicago, in Naperville, IL, about the second week of December, 2012. Taxing my memory, the total was 1,132 + x(single digit).xxx... and immediately put in a freshly created InstaWallet bitcoin wallet. A couple/three days later I split the three accounts up into 1,000, 132, and x.xxx... wallets, always using InstaWallet while in my possession. Hope that helps with your plans.

thanks, do you remember how the first transaction in that restaurant was performed ? using which client ? on a smartphone (maybe unlikely in 2012) ? anything else ?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:51:53 PM

Nice bounty....I'm fairly new to this forum but read quite a bit about your quest to get your BTC back. Hopefully this will help.

I hope that you get your coins back, but I believe that it is a long shot that your bounty will help.

The reason for this is that you are asking for the wrong outcome. By offering 400 BTC to get your ~1.1k BTC back you are essentially saying that you will give someone money if they give (get) you more money. Due to the fact that whoever holds the keys to the address that contains the unspent outputs of BTC owns the coins there would be little incentive for someone who was able to somehow get your coins in their possession to return them to you.

A "better" bounty would be one that offers 400 (or other amount) BTC for the arrest (or indictment, or conviction - it is up to you) of the person/persons that stole the BTC. This would give people an incentive to spend time and resources investigating who stole the coins and would also give an incentive to return all/some of the stolen coins.

The initial goal was to offer a bounty for somebody to act a liaison to pressure Paymium to refund what's due mine, with them getting a third for their efforts. I apologize for not offering a bounty to have them arrested, paying such outta my own pocket, when I can sit here for as long as it takes to pressure the fuck outta them till they surrender.

Remember, there's still another ~20K non-customers that have yet received their bitcoins besides just me.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:55:27 PM

All I have is what InstaWallet gave back to me once it came back online. That is all.

OK so you basically have nothing at all. It is strictly your word against his. And there is no serious reason to believe you more than him.
The rational decision for you now should be to move along. I know it is difficult but the sooner you will acknowledge your loss the sooner you will feel whole again.

I say this because it happened to me also (not about Bitcoin). I lost 100k€ and I almost lost my sanity. Sometimes the world is not fair. That's too bad but that's a fact.

I am sorry for your loss.

Good luck.

Thanks, bud. My sanity will remain intact while I drag these son a bitches by their fuckin' French pig ears through the mud until they give me reason to stop. Enough people played their game, now it's time for them to get a taste of their own medicine. Besides, I have fellow bitcoiners cheering me on, with very few cheering for Team Paymium who, BTW, is on the defense, and I have the ball.

~Bruno Kucinskas
btchip

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:00:18 PM

Anyway, if I can run a block scan for particular transaction information (id, timestamp, amount of btc, whatever) I can do it, so if you know more let me know.

an output above 1100 going into an input of a transaction going into 1FrtkNXastDoMAaorowys27AKQERxgmZjY in December 2012 / January 2013 looks like a good starting point.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:00:51 PM

I tried the honey approach twice, now I love the taste of vinegar and salt.

easier said than done I guess, but you should try your best to calm down, forget about davout (he might not be providing the most conventional customer support for you Grin) and provide everybody with as much information as possible regarding where the coins you put into Instawallet came from - every little piece of information is welcome, and there are concerned french people really trying to help here.

The little, tiny, itsy-bitsy information I desired is one they're unwilling to cough up, and that is the name, just the motherfuckin' name, of the independent auditor that conducted the investigation April of last year, not some new kid on the block's name, for at some point in time they WILL be under oath, and Paymium's books will be opened for the whole world to see what they are hiding.

Damn, I feel so much better after penning and getting ready to hit the post button.

BTW, where the fuck is the end of this thread?

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:06:29 PM

But, you have to enter the public address somewhere to fund it, no ?
Gave it to a friend to receive bitcoins?

Once, for the 1,132 + x.xxx... BTC after I created the initial InstaWallet URL. Once the bitcoins were transferred, I handed over the money, not even waiting for any confirmations because I had faith in the system. Besides, he was in hurry and so was I, for I had a load of barn wood to pick up north of Chicago that day and I was running late, and still had traffic to contend with.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:16:11 PM

Phinnaeus, take no offense, but your technical knowledge make me think it's possible you where using a link forged to display your wallet, but in fact was pointing to the wallet of one of your "friend"

Or your local computer was corrupted by someone you know and was pointing to another wallet

Have you seriously considered this option?

EDIT : Do you still have the hardrive of your laptop ; have you always used the same laptop ?

I've stated before that I burned the old laptop oppose to putting it to the curb, so no worries there.

I did have control of the bitcoins, albeit via InstaWallet, but you know what I mean. When I first learnt that InstaWallet operated like a fractional reserve, i.e. pooling all the coins, I no longer felt the need to move them to any new wallet. Hell, all the times I visit blockchain.info to view my bitcoins, it always shown a zero balance, with half the time I viewed the same on InstaWallet URL-provided site, I was greeted with the same, but rested assure by davout that all is well and that it was normal. Even psy concurred at the time. It was at that time that davout would have been aware as to which addresses I possessed via the IP of the address I gave him as an example of what I was trying to relay at the time. Then he announced that he was going be outta pocket to after the first of April, of which he didn't return til the 18th of April, 2013, with Boussac not addressing the myriad of concerns as to where the hell was davout.

Perhaps, I may lose my sanity after all.  Roll Eyes

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:19:02 PM

thanks, do you remember how the first transaction in that restaurant was performed ? using which client ? on a smartphone (maybe unlikely in 2012) ? anything else ?

I had a laptop and he had a smartphone (don't believe it was one of those tablet thingies). What do you mean by client?
btchip

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:22:44 PM

I had a laptop and he had a smartphone (don't believe it was one of those tablet thingies). What do you mean by client?

The software / website used to perform this transfer.

Although from your previous information someone with a scanner should be able to confirm the first wallet address.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:27:17 PM

Holy motherfuckin' shit! I've reached the end of this thread, and it only took me 9 hours from when I started, not yet visiting anything else on this forum, sans a tad of hunting, or Google news. I did follow a link to some flood in South America though via the IRC link, but that's it.

I feel so much better now knowing that I honestly/justifiably increased the bare minimum I will now accept from Paymium to $150K USD via BTC, no longer feeling retarded.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:32:27 PM

The software / website used to perform this transfer.

Although from your previous information someone with a scanner should be able to confirm the first wallet address.

I have Windows 8 now, but the old laptop was Vista, if that's what you're asking. The address was scanned via QR-code either from InstaWallet's page, where it was created, or from blockchain.info, even though there was nothing in it at the time.
btchip

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 11:37:21 PM

I have Windows 8 now, but the old laptop was Vista, if that's what you're asking. The address was scanned via QR-code either from InstaWallet's page, where it was created, or from blockchain.info, even though there was nothing in it at the time.

Sorry, not clear on that. I'm asking what was the software/website used by the guy that did the transfer to your first address in that restaurant.

Also why are you mentioning blockchain.info ? Was your first address hosted by instawallet or blockchain.info ? (supposing they had a wallet at that time, I don't remember)

laurentmt

Activity: 384
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:49:54 PM

an output above 1100 going into an input of a transaction going into 1FrtkNXastDoMAaorowys27AKQERxgmZjY in December 2012 / January 2013 looks like a good starting point.
@btchip: I'll bring back my laptop to the hackathon. Finding the tx corresponding to these criteria should be pretty doable with a graphdb.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: