Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:32:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitInstant!! What Happened?  (Read 4569 times)
Creativepax (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 10:56:14 PM

Anyone having trouble with Bitinstant? I made a sizable deposit. Received email confirmation of the deposit but Nothing from bitinstant to my MtGox account!! I've successfully used bitinstant in the past so I am not sure what is going on... What am I supposed to do now? I can't log in to their IRC support and am unable to reach them by phone. Any Help Appreciated. This will be the last time I work with BitInstant.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:20:04 PM

I used Bitinstant somewhat recently for a moderate-sized deposit. I had no problems.

Could it be that MtGox is just waiting on confirmations?
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:35:39 PM

Anyone having trouble with Bitinstant? I made a sizable deposit. Received email confirmation of the deposit but Nothing from bitinstant to my MtGox account!! I've successfully used bitinstant in the past so I am not sure what is going on... What am I supposed to do now? I can't log in to their IRC support and am unable to reach them by phone. Any Help Appreciated. This will be the last time I work with BitInstant.
Message them on the forums and calm down, they're very good operators, they're not after stealing your money somehow  Wink
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 09:26:03 PM

Not sure if you emailed us, but our support staff has been around all weekend.

While phone support is not open on weekend, email is 24/7 and get responded to within a few hours.

Judging by your message here, you did not send an email, nor PM any of our 4 staff members who are on this forum.

You also did not give me a hint to your order, so now as I write this I can't even work on fixing the problem  Huh

Not sure why "This will be the last time I work with BitInstant." was warranted, but it made me feel really bad.

-Charlie (charlie@bitinstant.com)
24/7 Support - support@bitinstant.com

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:45:57 PM

Not sure if you emailed us, but our support staff has been around all weekend.

While phone support is not open on weekend, email is 24/7 and get responded to within a few hours.

Judging by your message here, you did not send an email, nor PM any of our 4 staff members who are on this forum.

You also did not give me a hint to your order, so now as I write this I can't even work on fixing the problem  Huh

Not sure why "This will be the last time I work with BitInstant." was warranted, but it made me feel really bad.

-Charlie (charlie@bitinstant.com)
24/7 Support - support@bitinstant.com

Some customers are just impatient. I'm sure this will be sorted out.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:55:43 PM

They signed up just to post that message. It's their only post.

Congrats on doing well enough that you all have attracted your own envy troll.
countmontecristo

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 10:10:24 PM

yes
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 10:12:19 PM

yes
How's that 5-post-newbie-limit going?
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 10:17:35 PM

I used BitInstant and I couldn't believe how fast it was!   Cool
ObviousSock

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 01:27:58 PM

Message them on the forums and calm down, they're very good operators, they're not after stealing your money somehow  Wink
I can +1 this.  The only reason I don't use BI anymore is because I have a better setup in place now.  But they are very very good for new people.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 03:04:55 AM

Can mod or OP PLEASE change the title?

OP has not responded here, situation was resolved I'm assuming

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

ObviousSock

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 01:47:45 PM

After bitfloor it looks like I am back to paying for your lunch Smiley
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 03:26:34 PM

After bitfloor it looks like I am back to paying for your lunch Smiley

Good to have you back!

bur

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:58:03 PM

I tried using bitinstant the other day, and when I went to do the cash deposit it turned out there was a hold on the account or something.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 07:03:20 PM

I tried using bitinstant the other day, and when I went to do the cash deposit it turned out there was a hold on the account or something.

I have no idea what you mean by this.

Did you email or call support? Did you complete the transfer?

Our accounts are all good.

MixtapeMan

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:08:35 PM

Will BitInstant ever have away of transferring from lets say:

My Instawallet to paypal or even better my ACH or a service like Western Union

Is there any service that does this. If I have coins in an instawallet what is the best way to turn them into USD?
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 07:12:45 PM

Will BitInstant ever have away of transferring from lets say:

My Instawallet to paypal or even better my ACH or a service like Western Union

Is there any service that does this. If I have coins in an instawallet what is the best way to turn them into USD?

We already do BTC --> Paypal

Our debit card will be the cheapest way to withdraw USD at any ATM, online purchases ect. (SIGNUP: http://goo.gl/vl3nX)

We do Moneygram deposits, credited within 30 minutes.

Within a few weeks we will have Online Banking Transfer live in 29 countries with 91 banks onboard.

-Charlie

MixtapeMan

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:25:28 PM

Which option do you choose from the "pay from" drop down menu?

To a new user how to go from bitcoins on an instawallet to paypal using bitinstant is not clear at all.  Is there a tutorial anywhere on how exactly to do it?
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 07:44:00 PM

Which option do you choose from the "pay from" drop down menu?

To a new user how to go from bitcoins on an instawallet to paypal using bitinstant is not clear at all.  Is there a tutorial anywhere on how exactly to do it?

Sure

https://www.bitinstant.com/howitworks/

MixtapeMan

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:51:04 PM

still see no mention of instawallet as a transfer choice
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: