Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:54:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know how to join bitnodes incentive with a windows node?  (Read 1257 times)
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:18:22 PM

all instructions look like there for linux and mac. im not moving a stable node just to change O.S. windows has been rock stable for this node.

https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/nodes/incentive/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptowatch.com

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 11:06:58 PM

all instructions look like there for linux and mac. im not moving a stable node just to change O.S. windows has been rock stable for this node.

https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/nodes/incentive/

Check this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=952996.msg10773616#msg10773616

Considered that post is accurate, you need to get curl for windows. I think cygwin has it.
Then you also need to have a working web-server as the second block of code shows.
achow101_alt

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:43:53 PM

You can get curl for windows from here: http://curl.haxx.se/download.html. Scroll down to the windows section and download the appropriate zip file. Extract it and open the curl.exe file using command prompt. Then you can use the commands from the guides on the website.

You can get a webserver software such as Apache. There are many different distributions of Apache for windows, just get whatever one you want. This site will help you https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html. Then, in the folder where the website files are located, create an html file with your bitcoin address for the incentives program.

Tip Me!: 1AQx99s7q1wVinbgXbA48BaZQVWpHe5gYM | My PGP Key: Fingerprint 0x17565732E08E5E41
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:07:13 PM

finally done the damn thing. what a pain in the a**.

just so noobs like me dont get to confused the curl crap is to tell there server to update your info page.
install iis was nice and easy wrote a quick .htm file with my address on it and spent over an hour arguing with iis kept coming back with permission issues turns out you have to add the file manual to default pages...

got it working so YAY!!! thanks for the help and think ill write a guide at some point

Cryptowatch.com

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 05:15:52 PM

got it working so YAY!!! thanks for the help and think ill write a guide at some point

If you do, maybe you could contact admin of bitnodes, and he might link to it from his page. It sure would help others like you trying to do the same thing in the future. Also, you could add a donate address, so anyone getting helped might give you a small tip.
krile

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:36:25 AM

Maybe this will make someones life a bit easier.

The curl command  has to come from the same IP, so if you are running your node behind a router and your PC shares the same public IP as the node server you could run the curl command from another machine running linux (if all your machines are running windows, you can use a live cd/usb) or from an android phone/tablet for example...

If you have a router running openwrt or tomato or something, you could run the curl command from the router directly, just telnet/ssh to the router. (you could even run the webserver for the address verification from the router itself in this case, pretty easy setup).

If your node is not behind a router and has its own public IP, you could set up a VPN server on that machine and connect to it from your linux device and again execute the command and it will work since you will have the same IP...

For the status page I used this: https://github.com/craigwatson/bitcoind-status You need a webserver with php enabled.
Very easy setup and it gives you some more info about your node, here is mine: krile.noip.me

cheers Smiley

vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:24:19 AM

Maybe this will make someones life a bit easier.

The curl command  has to come from the same IP, so if you are running your node behind a router and your PC shares the same public IP as the node server you could run the curl command from another machine running linux (if all your machines are running windows, you can use a live cd/usb) or from an android phone/tablet for example...

If you have a router running openwrt or tomato or something, you could run the curl command from the router directly, just telnet/ssh to the router. (you could even run the webserver for the address verification from the router itself in this case, pretty easy setup).

If your node is not behind a router and has its own public IP, you could set up a VPN server on that machine and connect to it from your linux device and again execute the command and it will work since you will have the same IP...

For the status page I used this: https://github.com/craigwatson/bitcoind-status You need a webserver with php enabled.
Very easy setup and it gives you some more info about your node, here is mine: krile.noip.me

cheers Smiley

curl is pretty easy one you know what its trying to do. all its doing is sending an info to there server nothing else.
dont need php just a webserver like iis or apache with a basic html file with your bitcoin address being displayed.

its easy once you know what your doing but i couldnt find a single guide out there and the closest to this sort of stuff iv got is preinstalled wordpress.

vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:02:33 AM

anyone want to give ot a crack iv thrown together a rough guide (needs alot of work but is easy to follow)
**note im not taking into account any port forwarding so youll need to do that yourself

http://bloginhell.me/guide-to-setup-a-bitcoin-node-and-join-bitnoded-io-incentive-program

krile

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:23:51 PM

curl is pretty easy one you know what its trying to do. all its doing is sending an info to there server nothing else.
dont need php just a webserver like iis or apache with a basic html file with your bitcoin address being displayed.

its easy once you know what your doing but i couldnt find a single guide out there and the closest to this sort of stuff iv got is preinstalled wordpress.

I just meant that you need php for this pimped up status page that also displays info from bitcoind (mentioned in my post above), its not necessary to have it. For the bitnodes incentive program a simple plain text file with the address is enough.. I just mentioned it as an extra, if you are already going through setting up the webserver, might as well give it some extra use Smiley

vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:24:45 PM

I just meant that you need php for this pimped up status page that also displays info from bitcoind (mentioned in my post above), its not necessary to have it. For the bitnodes incentive program a simple plain text file with the address is enough.. I just mentioned it as an extra, if you are already going through setting up the webserver, might as well give it some extra use Smiley

Thanks. im goi g to pimp up the site when i get a bit of time add the bells and whistles so thanks for the tip

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: