Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 12:52:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alberta's 44 Year Old Political Dynasty Has Collapsed the Rise of the NDP  (Read 468 times)
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:33:59 AM

The Alberta election crushed what remained of the myth that has persisted about this province: that it is an adamant and unapologetic right-wing outlier that only has eyes for conservative-minded politicians.

Instead, voters anxious for change helped the New Democratic Party make political history on Tuesday and produce a shocking Miracle on the Prairies of a different sort. Over the course of the 28-day campaign, the perennial centre-left rump group was transformed into Alberta’s next provincial government. It is a victory that will reverberate across the country and may have implications for this fall’s federal election.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/alberta/alberta-election-ndp-win-gary-mason/article24270855/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/elections/alberta-votes/alberta-election-2015-ndp-sweeping-edmonton-1.3062685

RIP Conservative Party the Federal Election will be exciting in the Fall  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3101

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 04:51:35 AM

Fracking awesome news!   For 44 years (as long as I have been alive) the PC party (based out of Calgary) has pretty well ignored Edmonton's needs.

Now with the NDP party (based out of Edmonton) we should finally get some much needed capital projects started!

After 44 years any party will become smug and corrupt.  Change was needed.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
freedomno1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:57:12 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 06:14:08 AM by freedomno1

Fracking awesome news!   For 44 years (as long as I have been alive) the PC party (based out of Calgary) has pretty well ignored Edmonton's needs.

Now with the NDP party (based out of Edmonton) we should finally get some much needed capital projects started!

After 44 years any party will become smug and corrupt.  Change was needed.  Smiley

It really was, I'm happy they went all the way across the spectrum to see what the other side looks like instead of halfway with the Wildrose and I think it was good they are official opposition and restarted all over again, I loved how all the other political parties but the Conservatives were congratulating each other because they knew they won, it's a rare day where you see everyone cheering all the other parties at their press conferences Tongue

The Wildrose got a shot in the arm seeing how Danielle Smith got kicked hard to the curb and left to the PC's they were given a clean slate all the by-elections that saw the incumbents lose and yet I still have not the slightest idea as to why Prentice thought it was a good idea to run an election, now he quit so this dynasty is likely over.

If this is the start of the NDP legacy it's literally a history of dynasties as far as history goes, and in my opinion it was about time someone pressed the damned reset switch.

That said it will be fun to see Harper and his reaction especially after all the boos at the NDP conference and  by extension if Alberta will join Quebec and become part of the Orange Crush federally to truly crush the tories or will they remain Tory Blue Harper federally but Orange provincially.

Harper acquired the power from Alberta and by unifying the right parties is a rare Western premier and Calgarian but he has been shilling for the Ontario area hard so Harpers support might have backfired this election and the fall will be a real interesting watch.

Dynasties:
1905–1921   Alberta Liberal Party
1921–1935   United Farmers of Alberta
1935–1971   Social Credit Party of Alberta
1971–2015   Alberta Progressive Conservatives
2015-present   Alberta NDP

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: