Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:23:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [paused] BTC for Moneypak only 2.5% fee  (Read 2224 times)
sethsethseth (OP)

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 01:40:04 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2013, 07:15:45 PM by sethsethseth

Updated 2/3/2013:  I have loaded all I can for now.  Check back in a week.

Selling bitcoins for moneypak valued $200-$1000 at 2.5% over the mtgox ask rate. You must have the reciept and send a photo.  I used to convert these with no fee, but the demand is so high that I must charge a modest fee now.  This is still less than half of anyone else on OTC.

I am highly rated on OTC:
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=komododragon&sign=ANY&type=RECV

email: btcformoneypak@gmail.com

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:39:36 AM

Selling bitcoins for moneypak valued $100-$500 at the exact mtgox rate. I will cover the $5 fee because my Amex prepaid card refunds it to me. You must have the reciept and send a photo with my name written on it.

I've been selling on bitcoin-otc [komododragon], but this forum seems to get much more traffic.

email: btcformoneypak@gmail.com

If you can't find a trade here, know that there is always:

- http://www.BTCPak.com
 - http://fastcash4bitcoins.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 12:50:08 PM

How does AMEX refund your money pack fee.
sethsethseth (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:11:45 PM

Did a $250 trade with rhino16.

How does AMEX refund your money pack fee.
The American Express prepaid card is great.  The $5 moneypak fee shows up as a credit on the card balance a few days after you load it.  Other benefits of the Amex prepaid:

No monthly fees
No foreign currency conversion fees.  It converts at the exact exchange rate.  This is true of all amex and chase credit cards I believe.
You can use an ATM with no fee once a month for $200.  After that it's a $2 fee.
Amex customer service rocks.  You can call them up for anything and they get it done.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:22:28 PM

Had to research that a little.  Didn't make sense to me.

found this:

LIMITED TIME OFFER: The first time you add cash with a MoneyPak, the purchase fee will be refunded to the Prepaid Card.1

Green Dot will refund the MoneyPak purchase fee (up to $4.95) directly to the American Express Prepaid Card within fourteen (14) business days of the date of the reload. Available only to customers who have not previously reloaded the Prepaid Card with MoneyPak and have an active Card when the credit is applied. One credit per Card. MoneyPak funds must be applied to the Card by May 31, 2012.

http://goo.gl/Cxwpf
sethsethseth (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 10:39:54 PM

Thanks for correcting me.  I saw a $5 credit post on there and assumed they refunded the moneypak fee, when they only do the first time.  I have removed this statement from my original post, and I am now trading for the value of the moneypak, not including the fee.

sethsethseth (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 01:25:51 AM

I can only take about 700 more.

StrictlyBusiness

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:48:35 AM

Service still available? I will need around $370 in coin.
sethsethseth (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 04:24:56 PM

Service still available? I will need around $370 in coin.

Yes I can still do that.  I'm flying internationally today, so if you can't get it done within the next couple hours, might have to wait till tomorrow.

sethsethseth (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:12:01 PM

Edited to reflect that I am charging a 2.5% fee now.  This is 4x less than btcpak and about half of anyone else on OTC.  I have no idea why everyone is raping moneypak bitcoin buyers so hard, but get it here while it lasts.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworderbook.php
https://www.btcpak.com/

TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 03:27:16 PM

Edited to reflect that I am charging a 2.5% fee now.  This is 4x less than btcpak and about half of anyone else on OTC.  I have no idea why everyone is raping moneypak bitcoin buyers so hard, but get it here while it lasts.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworderbook.php
https://www.btcpak.com/

Volume.  There is a practical limit to how many MP you can do a month.  So there really is no incentive to lower prices and draw in more demand.   If you got rep you might as well charge for it.   

Now if GreenDot would accept the invetable and approve us as a MoneyPak partner we would gladly accept MoneyPaks at a low margin (accept PIN, verify, funds get direct deposited in two days into corporate account).  We tried ... hard.  I doubt they will change their policies until Bitcoin has already "happened".  

Anyways free bump.
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:19:47 PM

If you want MP loads for your btc, please consider my listing, I pay 8% over market for btc if you let me load your card for you.

sethsethseth (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 02:42:33 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2013, 07:15:57 PM by sethsethseth

Updated 2/3/2013:  I have loaded all I can for now.  Check back in a week.

Saitekman12345

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:28:47 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2013, 09:00:01 PM by Saitekman12345

About to do a trade if sethsethseth is legit.
Currently in the process of finding an escrow or he will send first.

UPDATE: Success! Thanks man
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 02:55:06 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2013, 11:05:29 AM by str4wm4n

Fast, smooth, friendly 10/10 would do business with again
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: