Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:13:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FOR RENT] Senior Account  (Read 1273 times)
McArshur (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:38:16 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 09:31:58 AM by McArshur

Hi guys, I'm looking to rent away a senior account. It has no negatives and should do well in a signature campaign for senior rank.

Looking as the average rate of pay per post now is ~0.0012, making easy 300 constructive posts would give about 0.36 per month (not including avatar and personal text campaigns), my rates are:

0.02 per week; (you get ~78%)
0.06 per month; and (you get ~83%)
0.09 for 2 months; (you get ~88%)

My Terms
1. I'm only renting one account (at a time for the time being).
2. Escrow a must. In fact, the escrow will have to secure a safe deposit of 0.35 from renter just in case everything turns sour. (eg. epic flame-war, neg trust, disputes etc.)
3. You must at all times end your posts with your name/nick-name/initials/what-ever. Or maybe consider having a 'Rented Account' sign as the personal text.
4. Always post constructively.  Tongue
5. If you want to return the account before term is up, rates paid in extra will be forfeit to me or maybe we'll discuss about it.
6. Rates should be paid on receiving account. Leeway of 2 days at most to pay up for the term or deposit is forfeit. You have 2 days to return account details to escrow after term is up or deposit shall be forfeited.
7. Terms subject to change.
8. Voiding terms means your deposit could be forfeited to me. Discussion first of course.

Steps
1. Discuss terms on thread.
2. Have all parties agree on terms.(Quoting).
3. Send safe deposit to escrow.
4. I send account credentials to escrow.
5. After confirming everything, escrow sends account credentials to renter.
6. Within 2 days, send the amount stated above based on terms.
7. Happily post away without waiting time and earn big.
8. Term ends.
9. Contact escrow (or me) to inform us about term's end.
10. Send account credentials to escrow, escrow must switch credentials (obviously).
11. Safe deposit returned to renter.
12. Escrow returns account to me.

Escrow Welcome!!!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

Edit: Rates changed (again)!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:20:16 AM

My Terms

2. Escrow a must. In fact, the escrow will have to secure a safe deposit of 0.50 from renter just in case everything turns sour. (eg. epic flame-war, neg trust etc.)

You should mention that any such negative trust or dispute happening after the account has been given to the renter as any previous dispute would get him to lose his deposit . Also have a less amount for deposit, maybe something like the actual value of a Senior member account.
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:24:30 AM

Hi guys, I'm looking to rent away a senior account. It has no negatives and should do well in a signature campaign for senior rank.

Looking as the average rate of pay per post now is ~0.0012, making easy 300 constructive posts would give about 0.36 per month (not including avatar and personal text campaigns), my rates are:

0.02 per week; (you get ~80%)
0.06 per month; and (you get ~83%)
0.11 for 2 months; (you get ~85%)

My Terms
1. I'm only renting one account (at a time for the time being).
2. Escrow a must. In fact, the escrow will have to secure a safe deposit of 0.50 from renter just in case everything turns sour. (eg. epic flame-war, neg trust etc.)
3. You must at all times end your posts with your name/nick-name/initials/what-ever. Or maybe consider having a 'Rented Account' sign as the personal text.
4. Always post constructively.  Tongue
5. If you want to return the account before term is up, rates paid in extra will be forfeit to me or maybe we'll discuss about it.
6. Rates should be paid on receiving account. Leeway of 2 days at most to pay up for the term or deposit is forfeit. You have 2 days to return account details to escrow after term is up or deposit shall be forfeited.
7. Terms subject to change.
8. Voiding terms means your deposit could be forfeited to me. Discussion first of course.

Steps
1. Discuss terms on thread.
2. Have all parties agree on terms.(Quoting).
3. Send safe deposit to escrow.
4. I send account credentials to escrow.
5. After confirming everything, escrow sends account credentials to renter.
6. Within 2 days, send the amount stated above based on terms.
7. Happily post away without waiting time and earn big.
8. Term ends.
9. Contact escrow (or me) to inform us about term's end.
10. Send account credentials to escrow, escrow must switch credentials (obviously).
11. Safe deposit returned to renter.
12. Escrow returns account to me.

Escrow Welcome!!!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

Edit: Rates changed!!!  Smiley

Good terms (for you) but one question: Why renter gives (extra) 0.5 BTC to the escrow when he can buy a Sr member for 0.18-0.2 BTC.
I think rent price is also high.
McArshur (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:27:51 AM

My Terms

You should mention that any such negative trust or dispute happening after the account has been given to the renter as any previous dispute would get him to lose his deposit . Also have a less amount for deposit, maybe something like the actual value of a Senior member account.

Thank you.
"8. Voiding terms means your deposit could be forfeited to me. Discussion first of course."

Deposit is negotiable. But i feel safer with a 0.50 cause for sure nobody would want to lose that much over a senior account. Plus, I've seen some senior accounts go for that much.. Also, it's not like I'm keeping the safe deposit myself. If you've got nothing to be afraid of, you've got nothing to lose. Perhaps I could consider a deposit of 0.40.

PS:// before somebody questions or wants to know, this account was recently purchased

-snip-

Good terms (for you) but one question: Why renter gives (extra) 0.5 BTC to the escrow when he can buy a Sr member for 0.18-0.2 BTC.
I think rent price is also high.

Hmm... I'll drop the price and deposit a little just so I can get some passive funds.
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:31:26 AM

Interesting idea to rent out sr. Member account for participate in signature campaign. User get more than 80% from campaign earnings is good options too.

But for 0.5 BTC safe deposit, I think it's better to buy sr. Member account from marketplace instead rent it from you. With 0.5 BTC we can get 2 sr. Member account with low activity point i think Cheesy

Consider lowering your safe deposit amount Smiley
McArshur (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:32:54 AM

Interesting idea to rent out sr. Member account for participate in signature campaign. User get more than 80% from campaign earnings is good options too.

But for 0.5 BTC safe deposit, I think it's better to buy sr. Member account from marketplace instead rent it from you. With 0.5 BTC we can get 2 sr. Member account with low activity point i think Cheesy

Consider lowering your safe deposit amount Smiley

Just did that. Thank you for your idea.
Raised potential ROI. And lowered deposit by 0.15!!
pokerowned
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 09:33:13 AM

ive not seen 1 sr member acct sell for .180-.2 unless theres bad rep involved. a clean account will sell for .250-.3 all day long. dont let these guys fool ya on your pricing
McArshur (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:36:30 AM

ive not seen 1 sr member acct sell for .180-.2 unless theres bad rep involved. a clean account will sell for .250-.3 all day long. dont let these guys fool ya on your pricing

Yeah, I think 0.35 is pretty decent for me. Anymore pressuring and I'll go to my lowest which is 0.30 but i think 0.35 is already pretty low, considering the larger potential ROI now !!! Come on constructive posters!  Grin
pokerowned
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 09:39:07 AM

Yeah, I think 0.35 is pretty decent for me. Anymore pressuring and I'll go to my lowest which is 0.30 but i think 0.35 is already pretty low, considering the larger potential ROI now !!! Come on constructive posters!  Grin
its a win/win for everyone here IMO. youll still be receiving activity points while they use acct further increasing value and they be able to earn a decent amt of btc participating in signature campaigns and whatnot. although personally i woulda had to get a bigger piece of the pie here.
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:42:35 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 09:53:53 AM by Zorrocoin

Of course ,you are right.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1040030.0
In this link , guy sells a FM at 0.175 BTC , so Sr member deserves more price , right?

For signature campaigns, you need just 240 activity and link that I gave has ~230 activity(250+ posts) which means after 5 days just by posting 1 post , it will be a Sr.
But If you want a Sr I can sell it to you for 0.3 BTC.

Edit: In the OP , I think 0.25 BTC for escrow is more fair assuming you have more activity than 300. 
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:03:26 AM

Don't mean to bash thread, but i gotta say that its not only rank that gets you into campaign, it post quality also.
If the posting quality is anything but best, there's no chance buyer is going to hop into any of the highest paying campaigns, probably only less paying ones.
Also, OP did you consider that there's a good chance that the person taking your account get it banned ? Especially if hes some newbie that has no idea what he's talking about and what he's doing..
But, GLWS, i'm really interested in how this is going to turn out, since AFAIK it's the first service of this kind.

cheers
Lboss

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:04:12 AM

its a win/win for everyone here IMO. youll still be receiving activity points while they use acct further increasing value and they be able to earn a decent amt of btc participating in signature campaigns and whatnot. although personally i woulda had to get a bigger piece of the pie here.

IMHO , I agree with win/win but the owner wins much more than renter. Since owner raise his account's activity and this causes to incease at sell price of it, even owner gets nothing for rent - I believe- its enough for him.

However, renter should be highly trustable person. This is the biggest problem for the OP.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:15:38 AM

Quite an innovative idea. I must say well done OP for coming up with a easy way to make some coins. I advise you to lower your pricing though.
UNBTC

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:39:58 AM

I think this is a new service and has potential. All the conditions you offer looks good. However, only 2 things I feel you need to discuss thoroughly .

Firstly , there is the issue of safe deposits of 0.35 BTC . If you must deposit 0.35 BTC, rather that buy accounts Sr. Member in the market

(even buy 2 acc Sr Member).

Second, if the lease term that happen the account is banned, it will solve like? What compensation?

I think it was two issues need to be considered carefully
diodio1

Activity: 285

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 10:51:14 AM

damn this forum goin insane  Grin , many weird things appear , ranging from the useful and unique things like this.
you are really bussiness mind , everything made for bussiness.

goodluck mate  Cheesy

BurHan Alassad
Norther front commander for web security in Syrian Electronic ARMY.
louise123

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:38:20 AM

damn this forum goin insane  Grin , many weird things appear , ranging from the useful and unique things like this.
you are really bussiness mind , everything made for bussiness.

goodluck mate  Cheesy

Yeap, many crazy things happening in these forums.

Apart from that, OP 0.35BTC safe deposit is not going to work.
You can buy a Sr. Account for half of that.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
PWRSeller

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:17:57 PM

If this works, there will be more offering. I have Sr. member accounts in campaigns which need posts to increase rank. Renting them out for no fee benefits both.
SirLolicon

Activity: 322

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:23:38 PM

I'm not sure how this'll work :/ Can't you just make the account public so we can all monitor it?

MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:29:16 PM

Quite an innovative idea. I must say well done OP for coming up with a easy way to make some coins. I advise you to lower your pricing though.

I don't think it's innovative. It's been mentioned before but the only reason it hasn't been tried (to my knowledge) is it's not really feasible. Senior accounts seem to be going for less than 0.35 so giving that as a deposit is silly when you can just buy your own account from that and return on investment within a month. Lending out accounts is just asking for trouble in my opinion. I'd just either sell the account or use it yourself.

blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:35:58 PM

I am really not sure about this renting your account out, what is your activity and current posts? Roughly of course. Anything under 370 activity the account would not be worth the 0.35 and you could buy one which is yours for about the same price, I just don't see the benefit for either you or them loaning a senior account. The fee you are asking is not profitable for you and for them they run un needed risks. I would forget this OP but if you have a friend or two you trust then, help them out and get a tip or something. I have high potential accounts and would consider this only because I would benefit then but only to class posters because you can ruin your account. If you have potential on the account I like the idea.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: