Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:54:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Legal?  (Read 12881 times)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 01:49:28 PM

Who cares if its legal or illegal?? Whose gonna keep watch on it?? Everyday large number of bitcoins are bought and sold who is gonna keep watch on it?? People are using and will continue to use it even the Government oppose it. So discussion on this topic is useless.

It is less difficult to watch than you imagine.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leps

Activity: 918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:51:50 PM

Lol my country looks green but im pretty sure government doesnt know what btc is. If they knew it would be dark red:)
maheshmahi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:56:39 PM

They can't rely on government even if they won't.. Every day many people earn through bitcoins and this cannot be stopped so there is no doubt of legal or illegal
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:03:16 PM

They can't rely on government even if they won't.. Every day many people earn through bitcoins and this cannot be stopped so there is no doubt of legal or illegal

Yeah thats true...it depends on the person how he look at it..if you view it positively it is legal and if you view it negatively it is illegal..depends on where you are using it..and as it is decentralised no one has control over it so it is useless to think whether it is legal or illegal.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:08:41 PM

Bitcoin is able to skirt much of the federal law concerning currencies because of its digital nature. Although, case law on securities may be able to define a bitcoin as a "security" subjecting bitcoins to sweeping regulation and other anti-fraud provisions. There are also other legal issues which may arise over time, including tax evasion and money laundering.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:13:31 PM

We can see a trend here. Weak economies tends to ban bitcoin. They see Bitcoin is a threat to their weak currencies, they have to ban it.
Rather than the threat, the laws in those countries aren't clearly defined regarding bitcoin . Banks and Governments can't pass rules or laws overnight, so most of the banks avoid it. There are always exceptions though. Just because there isn't a clear law defined for digital currencies being used , the image of bitcoin being all gambling and drug related make it worse in those countries.

Bank & Governments views it as an threat so it is really difficult for the people of that country to really rely on the government that they will accept bitcoin as a national currency and it doesn't make any difference whether government supports it or not as it is decentralised people who are familiar to bitcoin they will definetely use it as a mode of payment.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:40:07 AM

We can see a trend here. Weak economies tends to ban bitcoin. They see Bitcoin is a threat to their weak currencies, they have to ban it.
Rather than the threat, the laws in those countries aren't clearly defined regarding bitcoin . Banks and Governments can't pass rules or laws overnight, so most of the banks avoid it. There are always exceptions though. Just because there isn't a clear law defined for digital currencies being used , the image of bitcoin being all gambling and drug related make it worse in those countries.

Bank & Governments views it as an threat so it is really difficult for the people of that country to really rely on the government that they will accept bitcoin as a national currency and it doesn't make any difference whether government supports it or not as it is decentralised people who are familiar to bitcoin they will definetely use it as a mode of payment.

what bank and gov think, really does not matter, bitcoin could be used comfortably at home by anyone even if in that country the cryptoicurrency is banned, and you can already buy with it everything, by using service that pay for you in bitcoin, like purse and all4btc, the only problem is taxes, so when you declare they may know that you used bitcoin to buy all your stuff
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 04:07:15 PM

lol my state red? but it is in my country's government does not want to legalize bitcoin but the actual bitcoin users in my country very much.

zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:29:22 PM

lol my state red? but it is in my country's government does not want to legalize bitcoin but the actual bitcoin users in my country very much.

yes in my country the same thing people are using bitcoin but they are not getting support from government and that is the reason why bitcoin is not in demand. And one more reason is that people are not willing to accept bitcoin as a virtual currency as they have more faith in fiat currency.
zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:05:36 PM

Lol my country looks green but im pretty sure government doesnt know what btc is. If they knew it would be dark red:)

Yes if the government doesnt know what bitcoin is how can you expect that the people would be aware of it.. no doubt people are much more educated and advanced as compared to government in my country but still nobody have shown their willingness to know what bitcoin is all about.

wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:58:55 PM

Hey! If I am not wrong, Thailand allows people to own Bitcoin since last year. Just that they can only be traded for Thai currency. So, it should fall into the "Restricted use of Bitcoin" category.

Thailand is the country that I would really love to visit as it is well know for the thai massage so it would be great if the beautiful girls from thailand accepts the payment for massage in the form of bitcoin as I can visit such places cashless and make payment through bitcoins.
mearylll

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:56:09 PM

Yes if the government doesnt know what bitcoin is how can you expect that the people would be aware of it.. no doubt people are much more educated and advanced as compared to government in my country but still nobody have shown their willingness to know what bitcoin is all about.

i believe that the government should take a step ahead to create an awareness in the people regarding the bitcoin but it is like day dreaming. cant afford to trust the government when it comes to the usage of bitcoin in the country as it is threat to fiat they will never support bitcoin.
muzzamelraza

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:22:51 AM

Bitcoin is an legal but some countries avoid bitcoin and because the big reason is that they can not be calculated their people tex so that why thy banned BTC. 
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

I can't really ever seeing a country fully 'banning' bitcoin, it is a virtual currency so the same way some countries have banned certain torrent sites and people find a way around it via proxy servers and the like, I can't really see how it can be enforced.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:47:29 PM

Bitcoin getting banned in a country is more like them not understanding it and they just decide on banning or thinking of all the negative stuff that has happened with it to ban. Even with it banned no doubt will not stop people from using it and still sending and buying stuff just not allowed. Maybe in the future when their governments and people understand it more they will look into it again seeing that it is doing more good than bad and seeing how it can improve things they will remove the restrictions in place for shops and places to allow use of it in their country.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 08:58:50 PM

i believe that the government should take a step ahead to create an awareness in the people regarding the bitcoin but it is like day dreaming. cant afford to trust the government when it comes to the usage of bitcoin in the country as it is threat to fiat they will never support bitcoin.

I'm possibly less a fan of governments 'educating' people on Bitcoin than most.  I prefer they concern themselves with 'important matters of state' or whatever else they waste the continuous flow of money and life that they suck out of their populations.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:06:43 PM

I'm possibly less a fan of governments 'educating' people on Bitcoin than most.  I prefer they concern themselves with 'important matters of state' or whatever else they waste the continuous flow of money and life that they suck out of their populations.

Yes surely you cannot expect the governments of the country would come forward in the support of bitcoin. As they view it as a threat there are very least chances that government will accept bitcoin as a currency and i don't think that bitcoin can be banned completely.
mearylll

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:10:44 PM

Yes the Government can't do much in it  as it decentralised so neither the Government has a control over it and people are using bitcoin and the size of community is increasing day by day and it is great sign for the users of the bitcoin as the adoption will be more the prices will also go high.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:06:57 PM

Government is more smarter then what we think. They are very much aware about the fact that bitcoin is the future currency but they are not showing any interest at present because they want that bitcoin should grow more and then they can collect taxes from the bitcoin companies in the form of fiat.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:03:53 AM

Legality is always associated with a valid personal data,because legality is LAW.

ID bitcoin maybe can be alternatif to make bitcoin legal,users must give their valid personal data to get ID bitcoin.
and ID bitcoin can used like ID Card/ATM Card,.... what do you think..??
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: