Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will never again be priced over $300.  (Read 4690 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:51:04 PM

Mine are $1500 each. Discussion over?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:07:02 PM

Yes it will
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:08:38 PM

Man yours are really cheap.  I'll take $2000 for 1 of mine the rest will cost much more.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:14:48 PM

Man yours are really cheap.  I'll take $2000 for 1 of mine the rest will cost much more.

This.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 04:20:36 PM

I look forward to intelligent, reasoned arguments for how Bitcoin will again find a value north of $300.

Ka-ching. We've got a winner.

Sorry Ben, try again.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:51:46 PM

it's not that hard to go over $300 but definitely not in the comming months. maybe end of the year or beginning next year. long term trend is up. short term doesn't look so bright.

Im not sure end of year price will go over $300. When price drop its like instanly but when price want up its hard. You see 3 month price stable on range 200-240
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:04:09 PM

it's not that hard to go over $300 but definitely not in the comming months. maybe end of the year or beginning next year. long term trend is up. short term doesn't look so bright.

Im not sure end of year price will go over $300. When price drop its like instanly but when price want up its hard. You see 3 month price stable on range 200-240
I'm wagering we'll see some interesting action sometime this summer and/or the fall once the Winks get their clearance from the SEC. There's so much potential for legions of demand entering the market coming up here. It'll be the gift that keeps on giving.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:11:12 PM

Yes it will

no,it will not!
Steamingoff

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:47:57 PM

THATS WHAT I SEE IN THIS FORM
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:43:10 PM

If there is enough adoption 21 million coins is not enough to go around. ... If 21 million people were interested in bitcoin the price would easily head north of 4 figures.

I strongly disagree, for this simple fact: one satoshi carries exactly the same transactional capability and benefit to consumers/merchants as does one full Bitcoin.
People need to get over the mindset of $1/BTC1, i.e., value being assigned in integer increments.

The current Bitcoin protocol provides for a maximum of 21M BTC x 100M sat = 2.1 QUADRILLION units of fungible supply.

Ben

The argument Transidium puts forth has been made before but it does not hold up to scrutiny [1]. One could attempt the same argument with gold that he is making with bitcoin, and the argument falls apart in both instances, and for the same reasons. The (invalid) argument goes like this: the smallest unit of gold is one gold atom; the number of gold atoms that have been mined is ONE CADJILLABILLION (actually I don't know, but it's more than the number of Satoshis that will ever exist); therefore, the supply of gold is effectively limitless (in terms of number of atoms); and this places some sort of ceiling on the value of gold.

One needs to realize that there is a difference between these two things:
1) the total supply of something
and
2) the number of indivisible units of that something.
The error in Transidium's logic is that he does not appreciate the difference between 1) and 2)

Thought experiment: suppose the US Mint decided tomorrow to start minting coins worth one-tenth of a penny. Will this cause the purchasing power of the dollar to fall, because there are more smallest-units in the world? (Answer: no.) Likewise: if the core developers and the community at large decided tomorrow that one bitcoin could be divided into a few extra decimal places, would that cause the value of one bitcoin to fall? (Answer: no)

~ btcT

[1] unless he is making the argument in the context of some specific implementation of the concept of colored coins, where 1 satoshi could in principle be used to label something of an arbitrarily high value; but I don't think that is the argument he is putting forth.

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
nicked

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:57:12 PM

If there is enough adoption 21 million coins is not enough to go around. ... If 21 million people were interested in bitcoin the price would easily head north of 4 figures.

I strongly disagree, for this simple fact: one satoshi carries exactly the same transactional capability and benefit to consumers/merchants as does one full Bitcoin.
People need to get over the mindset of $1/BTC1, i.e., value being assigned in integer increments.

The current Bitcoin protocol provides for a maximum of 21M BTC x 100M sat = 2.1 QUADRILLION units of fungible supply.

Ben
If I'm not mistaken Ben, you just proved yourself wrong with that statement.
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:00:32 AM

This prolonged drop is going to cause a lot of investors to secure their profits, so yes, we will see a return to $300 or $400 easily.
tarzan2

Activity: 556

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:07:13 AM

all this financial talk is wonderful and all, but your missing a fundamental point.. maybe not all of you but the ones i looked at..

bitcoin is uniquely positioned as the foremost cryptocurrency-the very notion is a novel invention that could, and to some extent is, revolutionizing the way money is exchanged.. i dont care how much miners end up costing the few.. i for one have free power-at least for me it is- and so i will mine till my miners fall to pieces or 21mil is reached.. whichever comes first. there are some that place value beyond speculation-like myself i see bitcoin's value as a vehicle of greater than mere financial efficacy. what about the social and political influences that bitcoin provides for?
one could theoretically fund a revolution with bitcoin.. think about that

free bitcoin storage service! please send to: 1TArzAn26Wvw872Yw36JiBe21SEaypJTP
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:13:42 AM

all this financial talk is wonderful and all, but your missing a fundamental point.. maybe not all of you but the ones i looked at..

bitcoin is uniquely positioned as the foremost cryptocurrency-the very notion is a novel invention that could, and to some extent is, revolutionizing the way money is exchanged.. i dont care how much miners end up costing the few.. i for one have free power-at least for me it is- and so i will mine till my miners fall to pieces or 21mil is reached.. whichever comes first. there are some that place value beyond speculation-like myself i see bitcoin's value as a vehicle of greater than mere financial efficacy. what about the social and political influences that bitcoin provides for?
one could theoretically fund a revolution with bitcoin.. think about that

The electric utility thanks you, your landlord (mom), doesn't.
tarzan2

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:15:05 AM

hmm yes my mom huh.. move along plz your just wrong

tarzan2

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:18:19 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 03:04:08 AM by tarzan2

though at times she can be a generous lady, especially if i eat my veggies and dont wet the bed.. i dont think she'd like to pay for 8kwh of electricity running 24/7 tho

(Lithium)

Activity: 367

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:02:04 AM

can someone un dig threads saying bitcoin never will be priced over $2 again or something to show how ridiculous this thread will be in the future?
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:28:40 AM

Ya, the OP is taking a major chance on this thread by making such an ignorant assumption at this point. I can't comprehend anyone that thinks that bitcoin stops under the 300 mark. This height will melt soon.
tarzan2

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:29:58 AM

can someone un dig threads saying bitcoin never will be priced over $2 again or something to show how ridiculous this thread will be in the future?

thanks goodness. i was worried we had been overrun by financial fortunetellers.. have some hope people.. not everything the wall street journal says is real. in fact im inclined to think its all fake, but i am no investment banker so i dont know how to capitalize on the arbitrary fluctuations and downright crashes of the fiat economy that seem to propel these guys beyond the stratosphere

oser41eric

Activity: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:33:30 AM

Ya, the OP is taking a major chance on this thread by making such an ignorant assumption at this point. I can't comprehend anyone that thinks that bitcoin stops under the 300 mark. This height will melt soon.

I am with you here, all you have to do is use one of many brain cells we should all have. Manipulators are sitting with shed loads of coin and dollars to pump it, thinking they are just going to retire and leave it under $300 is crazy. Have to add I am liking these 220-300 rides on the backs of the hump backs. $300 by the end of the month but probably sooner than that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: