Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:11:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poker Ring Game Meetup  (Read 2885 times)
Indamuck (OP)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:37:23 AM

Much appreciated.., That day I was trying to fix that dam clock that you pointed out to me and then it was lagging by hours and i set DNS wrong and then it was all down hill from there!

This is important, I think: You had that ugly downtime, and nobody b*tched about it, because they are so happy there. I don't know if the BTC poker community will grow, but everyone sees your genuine effort, and they keep coming back. I'll sit more, and see if we can't get some momentum ...
luckyflop

Activity: 812
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:47:31 AM

Much appreciated.., That day I was trying to fix that dam clock that you pointed out to me and then it was lagging by hours and i set DNS wrong and then it was all down hill from there!

This is important, I think: You had that ugly downtime, and nobody b*tched about it, because they are so happy there. I don't know if the BTC poker community will grow, but everyone sees your genuine effort, and they keep coming back. I'll sit more, and see if we can't get some momentum ...

You know what it is, I build this site not to profit but only to one day break even and offer the best Promos and play on the site one day and to see lots of people there. I think the BTC community will grow. BTC is not going anywhere and I see more people are turning to it daily. I'm seeing BTC ATM's now where people can go buy BTC from ATM!
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:36:05 PM

I'm playing 0.03-0.06 limit Hold'em with four other players at Luckyflop.eu

With each raked hand we get a 'Lucky Point' which can be used to enter Freerolls. A couple of the players are collecting points to enter a 50-chip freeroll that starts in about 30 minutes. Cash games and premium freerolls, a great combination I think.

For beginning cash (ring) players, the limit format is ideal because you are never at risk of facing an all-in shove. Come join us, and give it a try!
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:49:47 PM

So, if you check out the original post here, you will see I've moved this ring action over to Luckyflop. We had 5 people sitting at our 6-max 0.03/0.06 mBTC Limit Hold'em table earlier today. Seems the cash tables are building some momentum here, and I like that the same old donkeys keep reloading and coming back for more. Come sit for for a spell sometime, have a run at my chips!
udet4food

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:53:46 PM

So, if you check out the original post here, you will see I've moved this ring action over to Luckyflop. We had 5 people sitting at our 6-max 0.03/0.06 mBTC Limit Hold'em table earlier today. Seems the cash tables are building some momentum here, and I like that the same old donkeys keep reloading and coming back for more. Come sit for for a spell sometime, have a run at my chips!

Tip for future, matters not how bad a player is keep your opinions to yourself at their standard of play. They may well be guys who have gone there from this thread which would be really good of you to talk crap about them after you have taken their money, called respect. How much did you win the hole of 10-20mbtc>? lol
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:58:20 PM

Tip for future, matters not how bad a player is keep your opinions to yourself at their standard of play. They may well be guys who have gone there from this thread which would be really good of you to talk crap about them after you have taken their money, called respect. How much did you win the hole of 10-20mbtc>? lol

They know me, and they know I'm joking. They're not constipated like you ... but thanks for the free advice.
udet4food

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:00:53 PM

They know me, and they know I'm joking. They're not constipated like you ... but thanks for the free advice.

Enjoy your <10mbtc profit you pro you  Cheesy
luckyflop

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:50:02 AM

We are definitely getting busier….. I want to set up a way where 18-20 guys can play a decent game, lets say .5-1 or 1-2, and I can send them PIZZA and you can play and eat….Huh what do you think Huh
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:10:10 AM

We are definitely getting busier….. I want to set up a way where 18-20 guys can play a decent game, lets say .5-1 or 1-2, and I can send them PIZZA and you can play and eat….Huh what do you think Huh

As outlandish as it sounds, somehow I think you'd find a way ...

I'm just happy to have a regular game. :-)
luckyflop

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:52:32 PM

what I would do is buy reloads/credit cards and order pizza or reload your CC to keep anonymous if you choose and order your own!
oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:21:38 PM

what I would do is buy reloads/credit cards and order pizza or reload your CC to keep anonymous if you choose and order your own!

That is so unique and thoughtful please pm me if this gets anywhere near reality and I will be sure to join you! What an idea for a promotion that should be on a btc news site if it happened as well as a few blogs. Simply brilliant outside the box thinking.
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:44:28 PM

That is so unique and thoughtful please pm me if this gets anywhere near reality and I will be sure to join you! What an idea for a promotion that should be on a btc news site if it happened as well as a few blogs. Simply brilliant outside the box thinking.

Be careful Bigfish (Luckyflop Admin): The btc poker community has gotten so used to handouts and freebies that once you dangle something you'll never hear the end of it.

Anyway I'm more a broads 'n blow kinda guy, at least my imaginary online persona ... lol, so we'll take a pass on the pizza.
oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:39:58 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 09:14:39 PM by oser41eric

Be careful Bigfish (Luckyflop Admin): The btc poker community has gotten so used to handouts and freebies that once you dangle something you'll never hear the end of it.

Anyway I'm more a broads 'n blow kinda guy, at least my imaginary online persona ... lol, so we'll take a pass on the pizza.

I could not care less about a hand out because unlike you I don't sit playing micro stakes thinking I am the don of poker. Admin had a good idea and I let him know it was a good idea because I don't care about the freebies you want, please admin give me a few pennies rake back or extra chips Grin

In case you never read his post you would have been exempt unless he felt sorry for you and dropped the stakes to micro (your level). Anyway as I clearly said admin when you are ready drop me a pm. Thanks. Take that back won't be putting a cent into this site.
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:54:19 PM

I would join you guys but how would it work luckyflop? 'some' might/will get the pizza and stop playing   Angry have a set time before any ordering takes place, maybe a set amount of rake paid? You could have it over 2days and on the second day the top 5 players qualify there are ways around it but you don't want to buy 20 pizza for people playing just a few hours and then never to return to your site.

luckyflop

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:57:56 PM

HAHA…. I LOVE TO SEND YOU AN 8 ball and some hookers then I HAVE TO JOIN TOO LMAOOOO!
luckyflop

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:00:14 PM

I would join you guys but how would it work luckyflop? 'some' might/will get the pizza and stop playing   Angry have a set time before any ordering takes place, maybe a set amount of rake paid? You could have it over 2days and on the second day the top 5 players qualify there are ways around it but you don't want to buy 20 pizza for people playing just a few hours and then never to return to your site.

it wold req. a little of planning . get a some guys certain time, bigger stakes .5-1 and i order u guy pizza or put the money ($10-$15 for 15 guys on a card for u to order) guys gotta really deposit and play thou..
tiakenic

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:01:16 PM

Agreed awesome idea.. Big Fish has always been really generous to all his players! <3
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:05:13 PM

it wold req. a little of planning . get a some guys certain time, bigger stakes .5-1 and i order u guy pizza or put the money ($10-$15 for 15 guys on a card for u to order) guys gotta really deposit and play thou..

Yes it would need planning so it doesn't get abused. Of course if the guys don't deposit then they can't play the stakes to qualify for your plan. Maybe a games and rounds thread will help draw attention to it but only publish once you have planned it out.

luckyflop

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:10:57 PM

Yes it would need planning so it doesn't get abused. Of course if the guys don't deposit then they can't play the stakes to qualify for your plan. Maybe a games and rounds thread will help draw attention to it but only publish once you have planned it out.

If anyone knows me by now, knows I'm a man of my word… so i will let you guys figure it out and my budget is set $150.00 for food for 4 hours for a 12-15 guys to play a decent limit game. lets get some NICE size ring game going….does anyone on this thread play games around 1mbc and 2mbc blinds anyway, i would even to .5/1 just to start it off and try out this promo. we can start by picking a popular time.. like what ever time is good for the majority….Huh sunday 3-7 pM ?
Indamuck (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:26:16 AM

If anyone knows me by now, knows I'm a man of my word… so i will let you guys figure it out and my budget is set $150.00 for food for 4 hours for a 12-15 guys to play a decent limit game. lets get some NICE size ring game going….does anyone on this thread play games around 1mbc and 2mbc blinds anyway, i would even to .5/1 just to start it off and try out this promo. we can start by picking a popular time.. like what ever time is good for the majority….Huh sunday 3-7 pM ?

Look at your own online stats and you will know when is most convenient for everyone. I'm happy to play the larger stakes, but I have a strong preference for a full or near-full table. How we get there I am not sure. Getting HU or 3-way just becomes very volatile. Most any table of six or more players, I will sit.

When I was playing in China, all the cardrooms in a particular city compete for the same pool of players. If everyone show up at Room A, then Room C might not have a game that night. So often certain rooms will text everybody: 'First three players to show get 10 Big Blinds to play.' Of course if you show up at an underground poker room in China and take free money, you're gonna sit for a couple hours at least, as a courtesy to get the game going. Otherwise you might piss somebody off ... lol. I don't know what the online equivalent would be.

Previously I suggested you recruit a 'pro' like plo8monster who is prepared to sit all day, all stakes, at your cash (ring) tables. You might think about that again and start casting around for someone. I know at one point Satoshi Poker had 3 pros who were staked by admin. Then, two of them purposefully donked their chips to friends so it didn't quite work out. But there are ways to make it work I think ...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: