Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: our exchange  (Read 674 times)
dankje (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:10:00 AM

Hi all,

We are a small company that develops websites. We have our own niche but bitcoins isn't it. However, we have gotten very interested in bitcoins and see great possibilities to develop our own bitcoin exchange and also offer ATM's In specific countries.

However, we are designers and developers and have little knowledge of the inner workings of currency exchanges. So, what we are looking for is information about how exchanges work. 

If you know books, websites or anything else that can help us understand how learn about this, we would be great full for your tips.

Hope to hear from you in a positive way  Smiley

Dankje
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:30:17 AM

Exchanges are not something easy to get into.  Look at financial law as much as coding.  Most likely you would spend more to comply with your country laws then by far then you have set aside for this project. 

Unless you are a massive company.
dankje (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:09:44 AM

Exchanges are not something easy to get into.  Look at financial law as much as coding.  Most likely you would spend more to comply with your country laws then by far then you have set aside for this project. 

Arghhh, i lost my response to you message so i type it again

First of all thanks for your input.

We have the law part pretty much covered. We are not planning on doing business in countries like the US. We know the licenses we need for our business.

We are about to post an add on freelancer for an economy major. I guess they would have the knowledge that we are looking for. If not, nothing lost. i;m sure we will be able to find someone with the expertise we need.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:19:07 AM

Arghhh, i lost my response to you message so i type it again

First of all thanks for your input.

We have the law part pretty much covered. We are not planning on doing business in countries like the US. We know the licenses we need for our business.

We are about to post an add on freelancer for an economy major. I guess they would have the knowledge that we are looking for. If not, nothing lost. i;m sure we will be able to find someone with the expertise we need.

What country are you planning on being a exchange for?
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:30:13 AM

I would suggest you to look at this site first - https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-reference. If you understand, you should be fine. If you dont understand, dont make a Bitcoin exchange. Well, there are many Bitcoin exchanges nowadays. You have little to no chance to get into the market.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:36:34 AM

I would suggest you to look at this site first - https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-reference. If you understand, you should be fine. If you dont understand, dont make a Bitcoin exchange. Well, there are many Bitcoin exchanges nowadays. You have little to no chance to get into the market.

I think it is someone who did not do a whole lot of research.  They said above "We have the law part pretty much covered. We are not planning on doing business in countries like the US. We know the licenses we need for our business."

I don't know what country you could open up a exchange without having some rules to follow.  And if there is a country they open up a exchange without laws to follow, it won't be trusted.

I think this account most likely will disappear in a few day's when they see opening a exchange is very very hard.
dankje (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:42:59 AM

I think this account most likely will disappear in a few day's when they see opening a exchange is very very hard.

Then again we might not :-)

Thank you all for your input. I know that it might be hard for you to understand why would start such a project with so little knowledge. rest assured that we think that this could be a viable business for us and are not discouraged the negative (which I understand is meant well)  take on things.

I especially want to thank jacktheking for pointing me to bitcoin.org, a site that i have visited in the past but for totally different reasons.

Thanks again to all, i'm not sure if i can but i would close this thread.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:12:08 PM

Recently, someone has released an open source clone script of Cryptsy exchange.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1011275.0

Just study it and learn how it works. Probably you even can use parts of the script for your exchange. 
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:46:21 PM

Then again we might not :-)

Thank you all for your input. I know that it might be hard for you to understand why would start such a project with so little knowledge. rest assured that we think that this could be a viable business for us and are not discouraged the negative (which I understand is meant well)  take on things.

I especially want to thank jacktheking for pointing me to bitcoin.org, a site that i have visited in the past but for totally different reasons.

Thanks again to all, i'm not sure if i can but i would close this thread.

At far bottom left look around there you can close thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: