Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:03:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone explain to me how PoS works?  (Read 2871 times)
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 01:19:03 PM

BitJohn, Sylon,

We are dealing with inflation here. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:32:44 PM

BitJohn, Sylon,

We are dealing with inflation here. Grin

We aren't. We are dealing with your claims that inflation is a source of wealth (inflation = profit).

Please point to your posts that provide evidence for this.

3% will erode value at the same rate, regardless of the number it is applied to; tens, billions or trillions. That is how percentages work (3 in each 100). The dilution to the stake you hold is at the same rate, why would it be different if you had a different amount? If it isn't, why make the comparison you did above with US GDP?

I have noticed you use POS when are referring to inflation, interesting.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 01:38:46 PM

Daedelus,

I simply can't provide any evidences, because lately crypto-world is a place filled with so many scammers. In some romantic way, I think that this could be changed, but feel free to accept my opinion as yada-yada.

P.S. And in my eyes, I will continue to think that PoS is more profit than inflation.

Daedelus

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:40:55 PM

I simply can't provide any evidences, because lately crypto-world is a place filled with so many scammers.

Does not follow.

P.S. And in my eyes, I will continue to think that PoS interest* is more profit than inflation.

FIFY.

Basic economics disagrees with you.

*coin supply inflation
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 01:59:48 PM

This discussion leads to nowhere, because we both have different opinions about PoS. Probably it will be good if more people express their opinions about PoS and if it can be compared with real life inflation.

Daedelus

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:29:10 PM

This discussion leads to nowhere, because we both have different opinions about PoS crypto coin supply inflation. Probably it will be good if more people express their opinions about PoS crypto coin supply inflation and if it can be compared with real life inflation.

FIFY. Strange quirk you have.

And again, our discussion was about inflation as a source of profit. You say it is, I and economics say it has the opposite effect and erodes value (even small amounts due to compounding).

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 02:34:39 PM

And again, our discussion was about inflation PoS as a source of profit. You say it is, I and economics say it has the opposite effect and erodes value (even small amounts due to compounding).

Daedelus,

I can do that too you know, but I want to ask you something as well. Are you related to barabbas? Grin

Daedelus

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:44:04 PM

And again, our discussion was about inflation PoS as a source of profit. You say it is, I and economics say it has the opposite effect and erodes value (even small amounts due to compounding).

Daedelus,

I can do that too you know, but I want to ask you something as well. Are you related to barabbas? Grin

No.

Please define what you mean when you say POS
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 02:53:07 PM

No.

Please define what you mean when you say POS

Well... will try to be more clear with what I mean. if we talk about PoS and only it's financial side (you continue to look on it as inflation, but PoS is really much more than that), I consider it as profit if the coin has good fundamentals, development and above all - constant work on adoption.

Daedelus

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:33:06 PM

It sounds like you're back peddling and trying to re frame our discussion.

This is where we began:

NXT and Qora don't have interest, they only earn transaction fee. It more like all bitcoin was mined and the miner will only earn  transaction fee.
Interest is totally wrong, the infinite amount coins make is worthless.

I think you are wrong. If a coin is with let's say 20M in supply and interest is 3%/year only about 610k coins/year will be created. This is like holding your savings in bank + faster and more secured network.

Interest (inflating the coin supply) has been the theme. Troopnetpt thinks creating coins constantly is wrong, you disagreed. I agree with Troopnetpt.

Do you still think 3% is the same as getting 3% in a bank? I've shown how it isn't but you glossed over it.

If a coin has good fundamentals,  development and adoption it with probably do well. It isn't unique to POS or dependent on inflation. So why is having an extra 3% number of a coin (while each coin is worth a corresponding % less) important? Logically, you must think the inflation is responsible. But this goes against economics (and maths on a more basic level as you have a larger denominator when dividing the market cap by supply).
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 03:47:49 PM

Interest (inflating the coin supply) has been the theme. Troopnetpt thinks creating coins constantly is wrong, you disagreed. I agree with Troopnetpt.

Do you still think 3% is the same as getting 3% in a bank? I've shown how it isn't but you glossed over it.

If a coin has good fundamentals,  development and adoption it with probably do well. It isn't unique to POS or dependent on inflation. So why is having an extra 3% number of a coin (while each coin is worth a corresponding % less) important? Logically, you must think the inflation is responsible. But this goes against economics (and maths on a more basic level as you have a larger denominator when dividing the market cap by supply).

1. Disagreed? You just can't be more wrong. Watch this simple video created personally by me. It's not state-of-the-art, but I think it will prove what I am thinking about creating more coins.
2. NO! I just gave it like example. You can't compare PoS interest with the one who is offered by banks just like you can't really compare PoS with inflation. I was agreed it is an inflation, but it should be treated different. That's it.
3. Again NO. I already explained why PoS is needed for some coins. Some people posted tutorials on how it works, but I believe that you know what it means. PoS should be considered for something good, not just call it inflation.
4. IF given coin remains stable @ price it's market cap should rise steadily, which means that if we accept that the coin is business, then your business is getting bigger and therefore receive attention from some more people.

Daedelus

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:04:13 PM

1. Disagreed? You just can't be more wrong. Watch this simple video created personally by me. It's not state-of-the-art, but I think it will prove what I am thinking about creating more coins.
2. NO! I just gave it like example. You can't compare PoS interest with the one who is offered by banks just like you can't really compare PoS with inflation. I was agreed it is an inflation, but it should be treated different. That's it.
3. Again NO. I already explained why PoS is needed for some coins. Some people posted tutorials on how it works, but I believe that you know what it means. PoS should be considered for something good, not just call it inflation.
4. IF given coin remains stable @ price it's market cap should rise steadily, which means that if we accept that the coin is business, then your business is getting bigger and therefore receive attention from some more people.

How would you describe 'I think you are wrong" if not a disagreement?

Why should POS inflation be treated differently to inflation?

Why would a currency remain stable if it id known new coins are being created? G would have to be bigger than I, if you can manage that then why have I?

Am I being trolled?  Cheesy if not, explicit answers to these questions would help.
Daedelus

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:06:51 PM

Maybe define these terms too as you use then interchangably but they mean different things

POS
Pos inflation
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 04:10:14 PM

I just give up. You are either barabbas or some relative of him. Grin

Daedelus

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:21:21 PM

I give too. Maybe come back tomorrow to answer the questions, otherwise looks like your trying to obfuscate and stall rather than trying to make yourself clear.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 04:27:28 PM

I'm not trying to do anything my friend. I already said what is my opinion about PoS and that's it. You fail to accept it as a good technology and you preffer to just call it inflation. Why I should waste more time trying to explain something, which I already did numerous times.

Daedelus

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:55:15 AM

POS is good technology, it is an algorithm. POS inflation is a method of increasing the coin supply. At least you no longer think it is the same as having money in the bank.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:18:33 AM

How would you describe 'I think you are wrong" if not a disagreement?

Why should POS inflation be treated differently to inflation?

Why would a currency remain stable if it id known new coins are being created? G would have to be bigger than I, if you can manage that then why have I?

Am I being trolled?  Cheesy if not, explicit answers to these questions would help.

POS inflation is an automatic Ponzi scheme, it is a circle jerk and people who Stake their Coins receive a larger dose of the circle jerk until they have the opportunity to dump on new bagholders, the rate at which the largest bagholders gain majority depends on the inflation rate.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 07:59:15 AM

POS inflation is an automatic Ponzi scheme, it is a circle jerk and people who Stake their Coins receive a larger dose of the circle jerk until they have the opportunity to dump on new bagholders, the rate at which the largest bagholders gain majority depends on the inflation rate.

Then why PayCon is PoS coin?

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:46:17 AM

Then why PayCon is PoS coin?

Because POS is also much better than POW because you don't get the sell pressure and when you do it's from people who already invested.

OP asked how POS works.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: