Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:43:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fox News manipulation machine kicking into gear  (Read 1380 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 11:20:10 AM

They've started already. Looks like we know who Fox News is pushing for this election season.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 11:22:28 AM

There has to be a way with today's social media to track down the guy that puts up the charts and ask him why he chose that order for the graphic.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 11:27:42 AM

There has to be a way with today's social media to track down the guy that puts up the charts and ask him why he chose that order for the graphic.

You don't need to even ask him, if you look at the maths for these polls you'll find the percentages are full of shit, right below it says it's out of 1,000 polls, they could have just as easilly gathered a bunch of supporters to vote for the candidate they want in rather than done any meaningful polling.

The more you look at history and learn proper mathematics the more you hate these fuckers.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:43:56 AM

You don't need to even ask him, if you look at the maths for these polls you'll find the percentages are full of shit, right below it says it's out of 1,000 polls, they could have just as easilly gathered a bunch of supporters to vote for the candidate they want in rather than done any meaningful polling.

The more you look at history and learn proper mathematics the more you hate these fuckers.

I don't see the point of the criticism.  Isn't the chart intended to show how several Repubs play against one Dem?
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:01:36 PM

I don't see the point of the criticism.  Isn't the chart intended to show how several Repubs play against one Dem?
There's been more gruesome attempts to omit showing any of Rand's polling strengths while keeping the discussion and attention on Bush, Rubio and Walker, all of which will be a win for the establishment and war machine.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 09:02:14 PM

Look at the order of the results. Is it alphabetical? Based on the numbers?

BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:42:45 PM

CNN is just as bad. they one time when talking about Ukraine put the capitol of Mongolia as a city attacked by rebels.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:14:54 PM

I remember Fox's coverage after the CPAC results came in and while they mentioned that Rand won it for the 2nd year in a row, they were saying that the main story there was Walker's surge as he came in 3rd I believe. When in reality, the weeks prior they were pumping Walker by interviewing and talking about him like everyday on multiple shows. Very few outside of Paul supporters can see the sheer propaganda hiding in plain sight.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:07:43 PM

There's been more gruesome attempts to omit showing any of Rand's polling strengths while keeping the discussion and attention on Bush, Rubio and Walker, all of which will be a win for the establishment and war machine.
Got it.  But the spreads were awfully close and this is very early.

Regardless, yes there will be a strong effort for the back room manipulation.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:11:08 PM

They've started already. Looks like we know who Fox News is pushing for this election season.

I would say that they are trying to make it look like a certainty that Hilary will be the democratic candidate and that they want to have a "anyone but Hillary" campaign.
They don't seem to be backing anyone specific from the Republicans, or maybe I am completely misreading this!

Is it really a certainty that Hilary will be the Democratic candidate?
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 12:18:01 PM

I would say that they are trying to make it look like a certainty that Hilary will be the democratic candidate and that they want to have a "anyone but Hillary" campaign.
They don't seem to be backing anyone specific from the Republicans, or maybe I am completely misreading this!

When posting polls, who tends to be listed first?

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:52:12 AM

crap

When posting polls, who tends to be listed first?
Yeah, it's assumed that when images/polls are shown that the first one (mentioned) is the most predominantly perceived/viewed and thus they're trying to drive the point home. In this case, which they probably flashed for a short time that the aging viewing audience was able to see, the point was to list a 1,2,3,4 kinda thing and then offer some commentary while changing the footage w/o truly discussing the results so the 'respectable' Fox watcher (as they likely think of themselves) could internalize the obvious.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:56:45 AM

If the idea is to truly beat Hillary then the script would be to glow Rand's numbers so all the eyeglass wearing, social security sopping folks that allowed the republicans to become the party of spending just a little less, see who's their Ace. Too bad this Ace is truly a problem for the DC political class on both sides.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 06:50:30 AM

Fox News at it again

newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:57:18 AM

Pffft typical Faux News, so fair yet so balanced...
If a Republican does get in I hope it's Rand Paul even though I don't agree with a lot of his stances. His speech about the surveillance state was epic, surprised there aren't more Republicans supporting this been as they keep harping on about small governments.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 08:56:02 AM

Rand Paul received 7%

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 09:09:53 AM

If the American public falls for this bullshit again I will have lost all respect for them, I suspect the lure of the first female president will be too great for them.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 09:32:56 AM

If the American public falls for this bullshit again I will have lost all respect for them, I suspect the lure of the first female president will be too great for them.

If they fall for it again you lose all respect?

You give the American voter much more credit than I could ever muster.

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 01:26:00 PM

Rand Paul received 7%

Ah, looks like Ron Paul election theatre all over again.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 04:07:51 PM

Was going to say, it's exactly like the Ron Paul fox news coverage, not like it, exactly like it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: