Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:55:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats wrong with this coin?  (Read 507 times)
thedok (OP)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 12:13:54 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721936.0 Huh  ALL opinions greatly appreciated
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 12:49:22 PM

It's a mediocre coin with nothing to offer. It had problems and delays at launch that cost miners money and an airdrop that forced the price down. There is a general lack of interest in SLG. Even P&Ders have ignored it. Finally, it's about to be delisted from Bittrex because of lack of volume. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 12:52:17 PM

If you mean the low volume, that could happen without something being wrong with a coin. This thing happens with PoS coins quite often, as PoS is encouraging hoarding. On the other hand the price was quite stable around 2k sats and such stability isn't very attractive for daytraders. PDers also overlooked this one as I see Smiley.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:40:28 PM

I mined Sterlingcoin when it was launched and found the experience frustrating. I leased some massive hash power in anticipation of the launch, but when it was delayed was forced to redirect those miners to the next best coin. When it was finally launched, I was able to mine some, but the airdrop created constant selling pressure and drove the price down. I finally got fed up and sold at what was a slight profit it was an overall waste of time and left a bad taste in my mouth.

I haven't revisited SLG since except to glance throught the thread and look at the charts after seeing your question. After examining the coin again, I'm definately glad that I sold when I did. The price seems to be fairly stable, but that's because there is very little interest in Sterlingcoin.

At this point in time, it's probably not a "bad" coin, but it's not a good one either. If a person were considering investing in SLG and were to ask my advice, I'd have to say "Don't buy."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: