Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:35:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin OTC help  (Read 674 times)
saddambitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 11:13:12 PM

I want to get started trading but I do not have a Paypal account, any kind of bank account, credit card, etc.  I get paid in cash and for online purchases/bills I buy prepaid debit cards which is really annoying, so I am very hopeful for BTC.  I have no desire to open up a bank account for anything, ever again. 

So I see a popular way of getting your initial trust rating is by someone selling single BTC via USDPP...

What I want to know is, will someone let me send them cash in the mail without having any prior feedback, or will they not want to do the transaction unless I have a rating already? 

Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 11:17:37 PM

For someone in your situation (nooblet), you would have to take the leap of faith and send first before anybody would be willing to trade with somebody with 0 past.

Be very careful before doing so, as anybody can just pop out of nowhere and offer, just to jack you. Do some research on the person offering to do the trade with you, never just ASSUME he wont do you wrong.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
saddambitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 11:27:51 PM

thanks snap.  finally bought my first bitcoins yesterday after researching about bitcoins for quite some time, following all the scams, etc.  i will be cautious. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: