Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:22:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is trying to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 3045 times)
JJB

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:19:19 PM

Anybody who watches the evening news or glances at the newspaper must be aware of the negative image ...
My question is "Who is doing this?"...

The media surely, and Governments and Banks could be behind this, though not likely. Bad news travels faster than good news and more people are interested in the headlines when the word "bitcoin" is next to "drugs" and "money laundering". There are a lot of good news surrounding bitcoin on internet media, they just don't catch the light that well.

Doubt the banks really care at this point as bitcoin isn't anywhere close to being a threat to them. The media are likely just doing what they do best and fudding because that's their whole business to scare people all the time.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:23:02 PM

Anybody who watches the evening news or glances at the newspaper must be aware of the negative image ...

The media surely, and Governments and Banks could be behind this, though not likely. Bad news travels faster than good news and more people are interested in the headlines when the word "bitcoin" is next to "drugs" and "money laundering". There are a lot of good news surrounding bitcoin on internet media, they just don't catch the light that well.

I completely agree with you. The Governments and Banking systems are trying to kill bitcoins and the are taking help from media as the people of society are more influenced by media and press so they are involved in doing negative publicity of bitcoin.
Mr Crabs

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:22:24 PM

I think the biggest threat to bitcoin is just ignorance by the masses so if anything it's them that may inadvertently kill it or at least stifle growth. This is what's holding it back from truly going global. I think it will eventually break through but it is going to be a slow and arduous process. Public opinion will hopefully be swayed eventually when they see all the good it can do (at least I hope).
Kyle1836

Activity: 112

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:58:37 PM

I have been studying the same question you asked, I came up with the theory that the government is trying to take control of Bitcoin by taxing it. They see Bitcoin as a profitable scenario for them and they want to take advantage of it, just like they took advantage of it when they sold all the Bitcoin they got from the Silk Road. It's always set up for the government to loose, but Bitcoin will succeed. There is no way that they can force us to show them our Bitcoin, we can just play dumb and say we don't have any.

Kyle1836

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:31:24 PM

I have been studying the same question you asked, I came up with the theory that the government is trying to take control of Bitcoin by taxing it. They see Bitcoin as a profitable scenario for them and they want to take advantage of it, just like they took advantage of it when they sold all the Bitcoin they got from the Silk Road. It's always set up for the government to loose, but Bitcoin will succeed. There is no way that they can force us to show them our Bitcoin, we can just play dumb and say we don't have any.

Well, for now governments like the spanish one aren't taxing btc at least when transforming the currency into any other currency, so there's no VAT there.

Of course if they ever know you have any decent amount of money in BTC they'll want to tax your ass. Thats why it's always recommended to mix your coins before buying anything.

Well, there is no real need to mix your coins. All you need is a proxy/VPN and then your ISP won't know what your doing, or it'll at least make it very hard to figure out if you have any crypto-currency. The point of Bitcoin was to be decentralized and uncontrollable from prying eyes, and we are gonna do anything in our power to make sure it stays like that. And that's one of the things that makes Bitcoin so special, but then you get the dreamers like the government wanting to dip they're hands into Bitcoin for the money. And it's not really fair how they target Bitcoin but no other Altcoin, so worst comes to worst, if Bitcoin fails, there are many other Altcoin's that can step up and take Bitcoin's place.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:16:55 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 04:45:27 PM by Amph

Well, for now governments like the spanish one aren't taxing btc at least when transforming the currency into any other currency, so there's no VAT there.

Of course if they ever know you have any decent amount of money in BTC they'll want to tax your ass. Thats why it's always recommended to mix your coins before buying anything.

Well, there is no real need to mix your coins. All you need is a proxy/VPN and then your ISP won't know what your doing, or it'll at least make it very hard to figure out if you have any crypto-currency. The point of Bitcoin was to be decentralized and uncontrollable from prying eyes, and we are gonna do anything in our power to make sure it stays like that. And that's one of the things that makes Bitcoin so special, but then you get the dreamers like the government wanting to dip they're hands into Bitcoin for the money. And it's not really fair how they target Bitcoin but no other Altcoin, so worst comes to worst, if Bitcoin fails, there are many other Altcoin's that can step up and take Bitcoin's place.

the problem still remain with being anon, and it is only one(also has nothing to do with the currency itself) the main problem is that when you buy something, you need to put your residence name on their site, and it is there , that they can easily track you, no matter what payment are you doing, even cash won't save you

other coins are not a problem for the government because they have a so tiny market cap, that they look almost all dead, governments does not bother with them, to them only bitcoin represent a threat
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:28:04 PM

Yup, The first & foremost is Governments and they are taking support from Media. Media has also played a vital role in manipulating the society with the concept of bitcoin there are many serious issues in the country but media will not concentrated on that and that is only because government is asking them to do so.
Kyle1836

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:08:28 PM

the problem still remain with being anon, and it is only one(also has nothign to do with the currency itself) the main problem is that when you buy something, you need to put your residence name on their site, and it is there , that they can easily track you, no matter what payment are you doing, even cash won't save you

other coins are not a problem for the government because they have a so tiny market cap, that they look almost all dead, governments does not bother with them, to them only bitcoin represent a threat

The address issue will not matter, businesses are not required to give out personal information for those who purchase product with Bitcoin, at least yet.

stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:36:02 PM

I completely agree with you. The Governments and Banking systems are trying to kill bitcoins and the are taking help from media as the people of society are more influenced by media and press so they are involved in doing negative publicity of bitcoin.

Yeah. The Government is taking bitcoin as a threat as bitcoin can will put the full stop on corruption which Government can't really afford so they are just against the use of bitcoin as a currency but its not an threat its an opportunity for many businesses to grow.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:03:21 PM

Yeah. The Government is taking bitcoin as a threat as bitcoin can will put the full stop on corruption which Government can't really afford so they are just against the use of bitcoin as a currency but its not an threat its an opportunity for many businesses to grow.
The media delivers a service you can purchase. It is just happening that Bitcoin does not buy their services. The Bitcoin Foundation could have paid for advertising seconds but who believes that to working out?

If this technology really has an edge no advertising needs to be done. Should work out growing from the bottom in a viral fashion.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:01:07 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 07:47:51 AM by Amph

the problem still remain with being anon, and it is only one(also has nothign to do with the currency itself) the main problem is that when you buy something, you need to put your residence name on their site, and it is there , that they can easily track you, no matter what payment are you doing, even cash won't save you

The address issue will not matter, businesses are not required to give out personal information for those who purchase product with Bitcoin, at least yet.

when they declare taxes i think they need to reveal that informations to IRS/other tax office, if taxman ask for it, controls are more fierce now, privacy won't save you....
josephno1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:03:07 AM

I think that banks are trying to kill off crytopcurrencies in general because crytocurrencies have much lower transaction fees than thing such as credit cards. In addition I think branches such as the NSA are trying to break it so since it is harder to track than regular fiat. However despite all this, I think that bitcoin will come back when it become popular among the upper class in India

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:28:13 AM

Every single move we does.. they will came up with a reason to say Bitcoin is bad. I'm not sure who 'they' is and why they are doing this.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:08:41 AM

Every single move we does.. they will came up with a reason to say Bitcoin is bad. I'm not sure who 'they' is and why they are doing this.

Imo "they" are the governments of the world and it's elite. The "why" is because of losing power, control and wealth.Simple is that!
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:37:48 AM

ahh don't even know where to start, because maybe I'm so pessimistic, but based on my experience everybody wants to kill bitcoin. government, banks, media, politics..actually everybody with some kind of influence to public sector. just because with massive bitcoin adoption they will loose they influence at all..
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 04:33:04 PM

Well the biggest threat will most likely comes from business stake holders that will see their profit plunged if bitcoin were ever going to move mainstream. It wouldn't come as a surprise if they are the one plotting bitcoin downfall. All the negativity and hype surrounding bitcoin is perhaps the best strategy they will use

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 04:36:49 PM

The answer may be simpler than you think. News companies and mass media in general need to earn money and be watched to exist.  And what kind of news are the easiest to sell? Of course, disasters, murders, terrorists attacks, school massacres and on top of that they found new great topic - awesome new technology - Bitcoin turns evil. It is easiest to show bitcoin in negative light, media will will find even small cases of crooked people using bitcoin and made it look like total crime and bitcoin will be viewed as a tool of satan.

Exactly this. Its kind of crappy how that is true. Sad

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8040

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 04:43:38 PM

That may be true but a purchaser spending more then 600 usd of BTC has to account for the in and out value of the BTC. 

Note this only applies to USA tax law and is still a bit gray

Think of BTC as a piece of gold your cost to get the gold was 500 and when you spent it it was worth 600. In theory you need to report this on fed taxes.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 04:57:19 PM

ahh don't even know where to start, because maybe I'm so pessimistic, but based on my experience everybody wants to kill bitcoin. government, banks, media, politics..actually everybody with some kind of influence to public sector. just because with massive bitcoin adoption they will loose they influence at all..

I am pessimistic with you or is it just dealing with reality the way it is. If bitcoin made it to mass adoption that would ruin the hold the entities stated above have over us, they want to maintain control and not give people the taste of freedom away from their printed paper.

The more people enter bitcoin the more people whose eyes get opened to the controlled world around them, this is the last thing they want isn't it. There are some media that just go full negative on anything and everything. The corporation run outlets have agendas and we will see this even more as time goes on.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:20:22 PM

There are media that has been pretty neutral with Bitcoin, I dont see the CNN documentary being anti bitcoin in any way? And other big media like RT is clearly pro bitcoin with Max Keiser etc.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: