Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:17:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt and the rise to the top.  (Read 13414 times)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:36:14 AM

Are the NXT people in contact with the officials of Greece?  I think that should be the first step.

It seems to me that the intent of the committee is to create a viable solution to present.  It doesn't seem that there is a hot or warm lead to work with, my guess is if they come up with something they will be going in cold.

To create a viable solution, you need to really know the problem.  And the only way to do that is to be in constant communication with Greece's officials.  I mean if they're really serious and that Greece takes them seriously then they should meet.

Who are the people behind NXT's committee in solving Greece's crisis?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:23:13 AM

Are the NXT people in contact with the officials of Greece?  I think that should be the first step.

It seems to me that the intent of the committee is to create a viable solution to present.  It doesn't seem that there is a hot or warm lead to work with, my guess is if they come up with something they will be going in cold.

To create a viable solution, you need to really know the problem.  And the only way to do that is to be in constant communication with Greece's officials.  I mean if they're really serious and that Greece takes them seriously then they should meet.

I'm sorry to disagree, Greece's financial condition is well known to all who desire to know it.  I'm confident the bit that is unknown and/or secret would very likely remain a secret from contractor like the subject consortium.

The major game changer is political winds that could change things radically, but even that is well known.  Nevertheless, just because you see the bus coming doesn't mean you will avoid the collision.

I maintain however, that the scope of the project is simply too massive an undertaking for serious consideration.  It will take literally months to develop a viable theoretical plan, and decades for meaningful integration.   

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:30:31 AM

To create a viable solution, you need to really know the problem.  And the only way to do that is to be in constant communication with Greece's officials.  I mean if they're really serious and that Greece takes them seriously then they should meet.

I'm sorry to disagree, Greece's financial condition is well known to all who desire to know it.  I'm confident the bit that is unknown and/or secret would very likely remain a secret from contractor like the subject consortium.

The major game changer is political winds that could change things radically, but even that is well known.  Nevertheless, just because you see the bus coming doesn't mean you will avoid the collision.

I maintain however, that the scope of the project is simply too massive an undertaking for serious consideration.  It will take literally months to develop a viable theoretical plan, and decades for meaningful integration.

Exactly.  A collaboration between NXT's commitee and Greece's officials, economists, financial advisers, banks, etc.. is really needed here.  

If NXT's commitee decides to go at it alone, they're running the risk that Greece might not even accept their solution.  So, getting in contact with Greece's officials should be the first in the agenda if they're really serious.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:50:43 AM

To create a viable solution, you need to really know the problem.  And the only way to do that is to be in constant communication with Greece's officials.  I mean if they're really serious and that Greece takes them seriously then they should meet.

I'm sorry to disagree, Greece's financial condition is well known to all who desire to know it.  I'm confident the bit that is unknown and/or secret would very likely remain a secret from contractor like the subject consortium.

The major game changer is political winds that could change things radically, but even that is well known.  Nevertheless, just because you see the bus coming doesn't mean you will avoid the collision.

I maintain however, that the scope of the project is simply too massive an undertaking for serious consideration.  It will take literally months to develop a viable theoretical plan, and decades for meaningful integration.

Exactly.  A collaboration between NXT's commitee and Greece's officials, economists, financial advisers, banks, etc.. is really needed here.  

If NXT's commitee decides to go at it alone, they're running the risk that Greece might not even accept their solution.  So, getting in contact with Greece's officials should be the first in the agenda if they're really serious.

Firstly, you should watch the videos, they are the "people behind" it all.

The cryptocurrency universe is infinitesimal compared to the fiat world, the fiat world doesn't understand CC, and the particular language spoken by those in the committee is not easily understood by pro CCers much less fiat folk that are already jaded by the BTC fear mongering.

There are two videos, each about 1.5hr, both well worth the watch.  That could be found at Evil Dave's post at the other NXT thread.

enjoy
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:31:57 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 11:27:10 AM by barabbas

The price seems to be on one long downward trend. Doesn't make sense.

Yes, that's pretty odd. NXT getting more and more features, more and more value/investment but it still in downtrend. I guess it's happening because of it's pegged to BTC and BTC is also bearish.

Altcoins usually tend to follow Bitcoin's price trend but in a much more exaggerated manner (since they signify more risk). Litecoin is another example of a coin that lost value a lot more than Bitcoin. Also remember that NXT experienced two bubbles/spikes in 2014 - the first one happened at around the beginning of the year and the second one happened at around June when the price shot up to over 10 cents. Usually these types of bubbles aren't sustainable, and so you would expect to see the price decline from the ATH. The exact same thing happened to BitShares and Darkcoin too.

The price of NXT has slumped and being dumped to 1/3 it's recent highs a few months ago. FACT. Yes, to every metric, the platform is as successful as it can be given the time span, and growing significantly: The definition of success... what's wrong with this picture? The ghost of the initial distribution, of course, is a clear influence -and, no doubt, the source of the dumping, elaborate but relentless- but, mostly, that NEXT is an intimidating, enormously complex project/platform. One would have to study it, through the tens of thousands of sources available, for YEARS to really get an understanding of what it is, what it does, what it can do, who is doing it and how the whole thing works and, supposedly, will continue to work. All without any single responsible (legally) institutions or real names behind it. Needless to say it, all of this is scary enough to have most people in crypto -and absolutely everyone outside of crypto- not wanting to touch it with a ten feet pole.

I doubt an average individual with computer science background would need more then a month to fully understand the main parts of nxt.

But well barabbas is a retired actor.
He has neither experience nor knowledge about computer science, infrastructure and software development.

It is like talking about QM or GRT with a kindergarten teacher. They would take years/decades too ( prolly even more )...

You are quite far from knowing who I am, first. Second if you need graduates in computer sciences for NXT to go anywhere, then you have a much bigger problem than I thought you had. I guess the slogan would read something like this: "NEXT: THE CRYPTO COIN FOR THE COMPUTER SCIENCES GRADUATED JERKOFF STILL LIVING AT HOME AT 35". Quite compelling, perhaps. Growing demographic indeed... prolly...
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:05:54 AM

yay, Monday.... Smiley

As mentioned by Armis, here's the video of the initial Drachmae project seminar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VJR6nKSTULs

And, just to get all our ducks in a row, here is the following conference/seminar, May 20:
http://www.drachmae.money/expos/inv2/
Note that registration is free, so you can look on as a networking opportunity if nothing else.
barabbas and altcoinuk are more than welcome to come along and provide some reasoned counter-arguments.

And here's the Wiki:
http://www.drachmae.info/index.php/Talk:Main_Page
Original op-ed piece from BK:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102663713

Addressing a couple of points:

@tokeweed
This isn't a NXT-run project......we were invited to participate, just like everyone else on the Wiki.
If NXT was the only component to this plan, then even I would say that it was completely batshit crazy.
We can provide some of the technology, and some of the brainstorming and planning, but not all of it, by a long way.

@armis
Yep, the scale is pretty huge. And, yep, I expect that it will take months to create a solid proposal, and probably years to fully implement it.
Got anywhere else you need to be?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:44:07 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 12:04:31 PM by altcoinUK

... altcoinuk are more than welcome to come along and provide some reasoned counter-arguments ...

I understand boy you are desperate to keep the hype going so you can attract new, naive investors to your scam, and therefore you take the nonsense to an entirely new level by throwing in hysterical topics such as you are working on solving the Greek economic crisis, but lets put this fantasy into perspective: NXT has nothing to do with solving any real economic issues. It's only the usual hype making, because the wankers who created NXT by rolling out an unfairly distributed coin are still dumping their digital excrement on the market. So you have to come up with all kind of scam initiatives like the Supernet in which James aka jl777 collected few million US$ for a vaporware, again to keep the hype going. Absurd rubbishes such as solving the Greek economic crisis with NXT or Supernet serve no other purpose than keep the hype so you can attract new investors and bring new money to your scam.

In summary, the requested reasoned counter-arguments from me is: fuck off NXT scammers. I keep my digital currency investment in Bitcoin as well as crow-found time to time innovative projects such as Skycoin just to support talented devs like the Skycoin dev is.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:44:19 AM

yay, Monday.... Smiley

As mentioned by Armis, here's the video of the initial Drachmae project seminar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VJR6nKSTULs

And, just to get all our ducks in a row, here is the following conference/seminar, May 20:
http://www.drachmae.money/expos/inv2/
Note that registration is free, so you can look on as a networking opportunity if nothing else.
barabbas and altcoinuk are more than welcome to come along and provide some reasoned counter-arguments.

And here's the Wiki:
http://www.drachmae.info/index.php/Talk:Main_Page
Original op-ed piece from BK:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102663713

Addressing a couple of points:

@tokeweed
This isn't a NXT-run project......we were invited to participate, just like everyone else on the Wiki.
If NXT was the only component to this plan, then even I would say that it was completely batshit crazy.
We can provide some of the technology, and some of the brainstorming and planning, but not all of it, by a long way.

@armis
Yep, the scale is pretty huge. And, yep, I expect that it will take months to create a solid proposal, and probably years to fully implement it.
Got anywhere else you need to be?

Mildly comforting to read that, on your own, you would have thought any of this crap to be "batshit crazy". Because, well, it is.

Of course you have nothing better to do with your time than jerking off about the cryptoutopia -which we are all interested in-, but Greece and its creditors have a more precise and rather urgent problem: As of tomorrow, lacking an 11th hour agreement, Greece will be in default. And the creditors in deep shit. And there's no amount of jerking off that may help either -although it cannot hurt, admittedly- because, no matter how you slice it, there are only two solutions, the same true and tested that have existed for ages and that have been exercised with various degrees of success and losses, in many other countries before: The creditor reduce the debt, voluntarily, in a very significant degree and accept, let's say 20 cents on the dollar and with renegotiated time terms of payment, or they get a new extension of same terms... but at the price of a multibillion dollar package. There's no other "solution", blockchain or no blockchain.

But, just out of personal curiosity, Dave, because I am having quite a bit of trouble getting around the idea that you have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about here, exactly how would you "view" the use -let alone the "solution- of Greece using blockchain tech? Mind you, the very, very stupid "description" that Kelly makes in his article is nothing but the old T-Bill -money backed by the government for which it pays extremely high interest to creditors, only that it will be "guaranteed" (quotes of extraordinary significance for the will of the people, the greek people in this instance, supersedes any and all contracts, smart or not)-. The ineffable Kelly suggest the use of dracma-net or whatever you may call it to pay creditors and state employees and that, like magic, everyone in Greece is going to accept payments in such a "coin" like they would accept euros or dollars. Just because. Let alone, say Toyota or Exxon, when the Greek pay for their imports. So, please, illuminate me a bit here, far from hyperbole, of the most stupid kind and other metaphors ad hoc... not a matter of  time dear boy. Or technology, for that matter. The technology, make a clear note of this, is good, groundbreaking even, to TRANSFER and transfer ONLY. It doesn't create anything else, let alone ASSETS, real ASSETS, no matter what James would lead you to believe, ok?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:41:55 PM

People saying NXT offers nothing of value must not be familiar with it.

I'm personally in the process of building a business that's going to be using the NXT platform. It offers lots of useful tools that add value. Listing an asset on the NXT AE, having a more flexible tool to issue value through the NXT Monetary System will help too, and being able to sign from accounts as well as send arbitrary messages on the blockchain should work quite well for 'notarizing' agreements between parties. Each feature solves a problem, and having everything on one platform is useful.

Working on projects with people from all over the world is easier and more efficient. And all of it exists now and works.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:50:07 PM

I'm personally in the process of building a business that's going to be using the NXT platform. It offers lots of useful tools that add value. Listing an asset on the NXT AE, having a more flexible tool to issue value through the NXT Monetary System will help too, and being able to sign from accounts as well as send arbitrary messages on the blockchain should work quite well for 'notarizing' agreements between parties. Each feature solves a problem, and having everything on one platform is useful.

Working on projects with people from all over the world is easier and more efficient. And all of it exists now and works.

No one argues that the PLATFORM  can be "useful". The question is does that usefulness add value to the coin or the project at large? Read above and youll see statements from me to the effect everything that could ho right with the platform has gone right already. And yet the price has been slashed by 3/4 in a few weeks. So YOUR business on the platform hardly brings any real value to it, now does it?

On a separate side os the issue, notary services and smart contracts have already been implemented by others projects... to no "value added" effect whatsoever... i guess because, much like the coins, the services must be ready to use but, actually, no one is using them.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:05:37 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 01:17:26 PM by Daedelus

No one argues that the PLATFORM  can be "useful". The question is does that usefulness add value to the coin or the project at large?

Yes. To use the platform you need to pay the transaction fees. Any and all successful use cases will add to buy demand for Nxt and add value if sustained over time.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:15:18 PM

No one argues that the PLATFORM  can be "useful". The question is does that usefulness add value to the coin or the project at large? Read above and youll see statements from me to the effect everything that could ho right with the platform has gone right already. And yet the price has been slashed by 3/4 in a few weeks. So YOUR business on the platform hardly brings any real value to it, now does it?

On a separate side os the issue, notary services and smart contracts have already been implemented by others projects... to no "value added" effect whatsoever... i guess because, much like the coins, the services must be ready to use but, actually, no one is using them.

Well, my business isn't launched yet, but the intention is to bring value of course.

Out of all the ideas out there for cryptocurrencies, creating a platform for business where revenue can be generated from outside sources and then pulled back in to the NXT economy seems like a pretty sound plan to me.

You're right that the price hasn't been doing well, but that's endemic across the whole market. The interesting thing about this is that all it takes is one business generating a decent amount of revenue from outside the economy and funneling it back in to NXT to pay dividends to break the downward pattern.

There's only a few ideas out there in this space that make any sense to me at all in terms of creating a currency where demand might actually outstrip supply at some point, and to me NXT sounds like one of them. We'll see how it goes over time, but at least there are a lot of people trying to make things happen rather than just wait for the next Bitcoin bubble to ride the wave up.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:08:03 PM

The price seems to be on one long downward trend. Doesn't make sense.

Yes, that's pretty odd. NXT getting more and more features, more and more value/investment but it still in downtrend. I guess it's happening because of it's pegged to BTC and BTC is also bearish.

Altcoins usually tend to follow Bitcoin's price trend but in a much more exaggerated manner (since they signify more risk). Litecoin is another example of a coin that lost value a lot more than Bitcoin. Also remember that NXT experienced two bubbles/spikes in 2014 - the first one happened at around the beginning of the year and the second one happened at around June when the price shot up to over 10 cents. Usually these types of bubbles aren't sustainable, and so you would expect to see the price decline from the ATH. The exact same thing happened to BitShares and Darkcoin too.

The price of NXT has slumped and being dumped to 1/3 it's recent highs a few months ago. FACT. Yes, to every metric, the platform is as successful as it can be given the time span, and growing significantly: The definition of success... what's wrong with this picture? The ghost of the initial distribution, of course, is a clear influence -and, no doubt, the source of the dumping, elaborate but relentless- but, mostly, that NEXT is an intimidating, enormously complex project/platform. One would have to study it, through the tens of thousands of sources available, for YEARS to really get an understanding of what it is, what it does, what it can do, who is doing it and how the whole thing works and, supposedly, will continue to work. All without any single responsible (legally) institutions or real names behind it. Needless to say it, all of this is scary enough to have most people in crypto -and absolutely everyone outside of crypto- not wanting to touch it with a ten feet pole.

I doubt an average individual with computer science background would need more then a month to fully understand the main parts of nxt.

But well barabbas is a retired actor.
He has neither experience nor knowledge about computer science, infrastructure and software development.

It is like talking about QM or GRT with a kindergarten teacher. They would take years/decades too ( prolly even more )...

You are quite far from knowing who I am, first. Second if you need graduates in computer sciences for NXT to go anywhere, then you have a much bigger problem than I thought you had. I guess the slogan would read something like this: "NEXT: THE CRYPTO COIN FOR THE COMPUTER SCIENCES GRADUATED JERKOFF STILL LIVING AT HOME AT 35". Quite compelling, perhaps. Growing demographic indeed... prolly...

You got doxxed and your reaction shows that it is the truth.

To fully understand a software you need to understand the code - that means you need to understand the language the software is written in. That is already computer science background.
of course if you are a graduate in CS it becomes a lot easier.
additionally nxt code is very well documented.

if you are just a speculator there are dozens of easy to understand graphics which connects and explain the services of nxt and supernet.

Also im neither 35 nor do i live at my parents home anymore lol
sorry but i earn much more then the average unknown actor

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:37:38 PM

Yet another day goes by with NXT going down further.

Maidsafe, Bitshares, NXT all the innovative projects are suffering. Maybe its time to step back and see what is really needed.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Daedelus

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:42:10 PM

Which day are you referring to, it can't be today...

TinEye

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:46:59 PM

Thats right, keep nitpicking and watch your investment disappear.
I remember the days when 4k sats was considered the floor. That was when Bitcoin price was more than double.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Daedelus

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:52:30 PM

I remember the days when 4k sats was considered the floor. That was when Bitcoin price was more than double.

Ah, I see. You meant week or month rather than day. Perhaps write what you mean then people won't nitpick correct you when you state factually inaccurate things.

So you considered 4k sats the floor when bitcoin was double the price. What has changed in Nxt's development team since then?
TinEye

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:55:55 PM

Ah, I see. You meant week or month rather than day. Perhaps write what you mean then people won't nitpick correct you when you state factually inaccurate things.

So you considered 4k sats the floor when bitcoin was double the price. What has changed in Nxt's development team since then?

You tell me. I am mostly a trader and turn altcoins for profit in short to medium time periods.

Now I see all the big 3 suffering and I wonder if there is some basic idea they are missing. All of them are innovative and yet seems to be going down and down only.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Daedelus

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:18:48 PM

You tell me. I am mostly a trader and turn altcoins for profit in short to medium time periods.

Now I see all the big 3 suffering and I wonder if there is some basic idea they are missing. All of them are innovative and yet seems to be going down and down only.

They go down in proportion to the rate of burned users leaving this echo chamber of the cryptosphere. This will continue for the short to medium term.

No crypto is ready for the big time, the technology we have today may not even be compatible with the big time. Devs need to hide all the nut and bolts and wiring and make everything look like a web site with a username and password set up. Nxt is doing this for tech that isn't usefully available in other coins. See mynxt.info webwallet, and Android/iOs Apps or secureae.com, though that is mainly aimed at Bitcoiner. Nxt Mobile has now integrated the Asset Exchange. The dev team keeps producing.

Skipping to the response people give after this sentiment: "What is the use of tech if there is no marketing to ordinary Joe to use it?"

The answer is, there is no use to the Average Joe. It is too early to go after them, you go after businesses and developers to build things that the average joe will want to use as it is easier/cheaper/more satisfying etc. than the way they do things now. And they make it easy for the average Joe as far sighted businesses will see there is substitutional opportunity for generating profit in an emerging digital market. But not without risk, this process will have a high mortality rate just as business start ups do in the real world. But Nxt organisations like DeBuNe and Nxt Foundation (think Linux foundation, not Bitcoin Foundation) are feverishly doing this right now (and have been for a long time).

Sooner or later, an idea will come at the right time in the right conditions and click. Wishful thinking you might say? Well ask yourself, how many other platforms have a liquid asset exchange, or the ability to create your own token (for crowdfunding, retail vouchers, store of value and more) and then use these things to cast votes (for dividends, decision making) and using n of m approval for multisig transactions to carry out the actions. These are business tools that Nxt has today (on mainnet and testnet, voting and ultisig is in NRS 1.5). Others can't catch Nxt quickly in this area as most of the value comes from those building on top of Nxt. And new guys will want to be with the rest of the economic activity so they would want to join were the most users are. From where I am stood, it is hard to construct an argument that this won't translate to a higher market cap over the long term. And that is only for Nxt today and it's next release, that is less than a third of the planned features > nxttechnologytree.com

Tl-dr: I the short to medium term, I think you will probably have a difficult time trading.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:20:35 PM

No one argues that the PLATFORM  can be "useful". The question is does that usefulness add value to the coin or the project at large?

Yes. To use the platform you need to pay the transaction fees. Any and all successful use cases will add to buy demand for Nxt and add value if sustained over time.

The question then is even more basic: Since the platform is very successful and the increase in business (and scams) has been and continues being nothing short of exponential, the "transaction fees" must be mighty inappropriate (where do they go? --oh wait, don't answer that, it is my understanding that they go, 99.99% to the holders of the majority of NXT, right?), since, obviously, such success, as posted above, has only brought the decimation of the price of NXT to les than 1/4 of what was only weeks ago, right? Or am I missing something here?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: