Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wallet backup question  (Read 1056 times)
dburdett84 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 01:55:06 AM

I have been looking around and not sure if this is the right place for this, but i am using the bitcoin for android as a wallet right now and would like to back it up. Is there a way to do this or should I use a different wallet and only use the one current one for small amounts?

Also does the wallet need to be backed up again with every deposit or will the original back up sync when I restore it?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sauc1er

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 03:11:28 AM

Get the app "Cryptonite" from the Play store, it works like encfs, and store your wallet encrypted in the cloud (dropbox, box, spideroak etc)
dburdett84 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 04:50:05 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2012, 05:17:54 AM by dburdett84

I may be missing something but I installed cryptonite linked it to dropbox, and can not find my wallet file on the phone, it should be stored in /data/data/de.schildbach.wallet/files  But I am finding nothing in /data, do i need to root my phone first(haven't gotten around to rooting my new phone yet).

I think I got it sorted, rooted the phone and that opened up browsing of the /data folder, encrypted the dropbox folder uploaded the

/data/data/de.schildbach.wallet/files/wallet-protobuf
and
/data/data/de.schildbach.wallet/files/key-backup-base58

those are the files i needed to back up right there was also a key-backup-base58.54 and key-backup-base 58.55, do I need to back those up also?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: