Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:04:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the Board - Looking to Sell BTC  (Read 286 times)
BlockBuster76 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:06:18 PM

I have been looking to sell my BTC for some profit, as it seems there are many people willing to pay a bit of a premium over the spot price on some of the major exchanges.

My initial inclination is to accept PayPal, however I know that it is frowned upon due to the risk of chargeback.  I was hoping to get a few things clarified:

-How can I determine if a user on this forum is worth transacting with?  Is there a feedback/rating system?

-I heard that if you sell via PayPal and ship some sort of physical document, you are covered under seller protection (i.e. ship a btc address and then an email to confirm receipt of the document).  Is this true?

-What are some of the best options (both safe and timely) to sell BTC and make a profit?

Any help is appreciated.  I have about $500 USD worth of BTC to sell each week.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nor9865

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

If you think you know me.. Think again

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:20:26 PM

I have been looking to sell my BTC for some profit, as it seems there are many people willing to pay a bit of a premium over the spot price on some of the major exchanges.

My initial inclination is to accept PayPal, however I know that it is frowned upon due to the risk of chargeback.  I was hoping to get a few things clarified:

-How can I determine if a user on this forum is worth transacting with?  Is there a feedback/rating system?

-I heard that if you sell via PayPal and ship some sort of physical document, you are covered under seller protection (i.e. ship a btc address and then an email to confirm receipt of the document).  Is this true?

-What are some of the best options (both safe and timely) to sell BTC and make a profit?

Any help is appreciated.  I have about $500 USD worth of BTC to sell each week.

Here's Paypal's complete list of Policys. The answer your looking for is probably in there somewhere.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

I've looked at it half ass. Check out section 11.4 It somewhat talks about the confirmed shipment thing you were discussing.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 09:23:29 PM

-How can I determine if a user on this forum is worth transacting with?  Is there a feedback/rating system?

Every forum member has got his trust rating. Look on the left, there is "Trust" rating visible below member's nickname. Also you can visit his profile to check it.

For example here is yours: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=511554

-I heard that if you sell via PayPal and ship some sort of physical document, you are covered under seller protection (i.e. ship a btc address and then an email to confirm receipt of the document).  Is this true?

I don't know anything about that. Sorry.

Buy when it's cheap, sell when it's up. Smiley There are no good options to make a quick profit on Bitcoin trading.

Best regards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: