Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:50:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Before the earthquake, Nepali People killed 250,000 cows to celebrate festival  (Read 4582 times)
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 04:59:07 AM

Lol i dint know that, so this stupid pagan ritual seems to have worked just as opposite of what they wanted... and the God will keep punish those men who keep doing this stupid pagan rituals from the Ancient Age sacrificing innocent forms of life for nothing.

ib4 stupid Christians claim it was this rit- FUCK! They beat me to it already! What's next you guys? You're going to pick out some homosexual couples over there and claim it was them that caused the earthquakes by angering god while having zero understanding of basic Geology and Geography? Mind you people did that in the UK when we had floods awhile back so I wouldn't put it past them, by the way I agree that these kind of rituals are stupid with the other sane people, it's not only barbaric but a waste of food that people in those areas would have needed.

I don't believe in coincidences, thats all i can say.. the luck doesnt exist. Every action has a reaction. And is pointless to debate with pseudo scientists like you, rock Head.
sgk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:18:05 AM

Some people have pointed out karma as the reasoning behind the earthquake.
Being the OP I should admit the thread title seems to give impression that i believe in the same principle and this ritual was the reasoning behind the earthquake.

While i believe in the concept of karma, i don't think this was ever the reason for the quake.
If that was the case,  an earthquake or other natural disaster will occur every five years,  following the ritual.  An earthquake is purely geographical disaster and it would not be wise to link it to a religious ritual.

That being said, i think this ritual is inhuman at best. Slaughtering countless poor animals in the name of good is just an ignorant and shameful act that shows how shallow our understanding of the religion can be. No good demands such sacrifices. God loves every living creature and he is not pleased by such barbaric acts of violence.
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 10:17:24 AM

OMG this is too much immoral
They wasted too much meal, they wasted too much milk. They wasted too many cows. They wasted too much of their economy.
But what is its benefit? What is its purpose.
Just waste of above things?

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:15:29 AM

They wasted too much meal, they wasted too much milk. They wasted too many cows. They wasted too much of their economy.

I've posted this already in this tread but I'm going to do it again. If you would live there your hole life, you wouldn't be surprised. In fact You would be one of those guys killing those cows for sacrifice. It's easy for us to criticise them because we live in different culture but if we where in place of them we would probably do the same things.
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:53:37 PM

Are you sure they don't eat the meat after? What do they do with the carcases? Just leave them to rot? Surely they don't just slaughter them and that's that. It must cost a lot of money to rear those animals only to just kill them. I wouldn't really be against it if they didn't just waste the meat and leather etc. Quite bizarre if so.

It takes a person skilled at butchering several hours of hard work to cut up an animal that size, so even if some were eaten, most would be going to waste. Also, if the intention was to eat them they would drain the blood first probably.

There are a lot of Asian buffalo and cattle in that area. In one part people will eat the meat. A distance away it will be forbidden. In some areas if a driver hits a cow a mob will gather and beat the shit out of him.

Some places it is 'illegal' to eat any animal products, including eggs, except for dairy. Also interesting, in Nepal some people will eat only male animals.

Hmm... good points, but surely they can't just let the meat rot? Can't be very good for hygiene and it will stink.

Lol i dint know that, so this stupid pagan ritual seems to have worked just as opposite of what they wanted... and the God will keep punish those men who keep doing this stupid pagan rituals from the Ancient Age sacrificing innocent forms of life for nothing.

ib4 stupid Christians claim it was this rit- FUCK! They beat me to it already! What's next you guys? You're going to pick out some homosexual couples over there and claim it was them that caused the earthquakes by angering god while having zero understanding of basic Geology and Geography? Mind you people did that in the UK when we had floods awhile back so I wouldn't put it past them, by the way I agree that these kind of rituals are stupid with the other sane people, it's not only barbaric but a waste of food that people in those areas would have needed.

I don't believe in coincidences, thats all i can say.. the luck doesnt exist. Every action has a reaction. And is pointless to debate with pseudo scientists like you, rock Head.

You don't believe in coincidences? The entire universe is one.

Well the "point" is that it is meant to be a sacrifice, and that's what they're doing but obviously it is a backwards and silly belief but it's not like the rest of the world doesn't have silly beliefs either (I'm sure you can find plenty of passages in the bible and quran on sacrificing animals also).

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 02:17:33 PM

India and Cows.
The stereotyping never ends.

Never heard of the term 'Rakht Kukri' have you ?

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:23:05 AM

What a waste of good meat.
lol. true...

it wasn't enough tho to be worth.
aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:39:59 AM

Before the earthquake, Hinduism devotees killed 250,000 cows to celebrate festival

Worshipers believe that the animal sacrifice, meant to appease Gadhimai, the Hindu goddess of power, to bring them luck and prosperity.

Before the great earthquake struck, million devotees of Hinduism religion celebrated their cow festival in Nepal.

More than 20,000 buffaloes were sacrificed on the first day. It is estimated that 250,000 animals were sacrificed during the Gadhimai festival. The ritual killings were performed by more than 200 men in a concrete slaughterhouse near the temple.

Worshipers believe that the animal sacrifice, meant to appease Gadhimai, the Hindu goddess of power, to bring them luck and prosperity.

Gadhimai festival is a sacrificial ritual that is held every 5 years at the Gadhimai Temple of Bariyarpur, in Bara District, about 100 miles (160 km) south of the capital Kathmandu in southern Nepal, near the Indo-Nepal border. The event involves the world's second largest sacrificial slaughter of animals after Hajj including water buffaloes, pigs, goats, chicken, rats, and pigeons – with the goal of pleasing Gadhimai, the goddess of power.

Participants believe that animal sacrifices to the Hindu goddess Gadhimai will end evil and bring prosperity.

Source:
http://pulse.com.gh/religion/in-nepal-before-the-earthquake-hinduism-devotees-killed-250-000-cows-to-celebrate-festival-id3713395.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2852739/Nepal-devotees-sacrifice-thousands-animals-Hindu-ritual.html

The sad part is, strongly religious people will either think that the sacrifice wasn't sufficient, or was too much, either way that's the reason they faced the "wrath" of the God(s) and not tectonic-plate movements, because then that would become too scientific for their liking.
Ahh. Where is the world going.

Anony

Activity: 308

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:39:20 PM

Before the earthquake, Hinduism devotees killed 250,000 cows to celebrate festival

Before the great earthquake struck, million devotees of Hinduism religion celebrated their cow festival in Nepal.

More than 20,000 buffaloes were sacrificed on the first day. It is estimated that 250,000 animals were sacrificed during the Gadhimai festival. The ritual killings were performed by more than 200 men in a concrete slaughterhouse near the temple.

Gadhimai festival is a sacrificial ritual that is held every 5 years at the Gadhimai Temple of Bariyarpur, in Bara District, about 100 miles (160 km) south of the capital Kathmandu in southern Nepal, near the Indo-Nepal border. The event involves the world's second largest sacrificial slaughter of animals after Hajj including water buffaloes, pigs, goats, chicken, rats, and pigeons – with the goal of pleasing Gadhimai, the goddess of power.

Participants believe that animal sacrifices to the Hindu goddess Gadhimai will end evil and bring prosperity.

Source:
http://pulse.com.gh/religion/in-nepal-before-the-earthquake-hinduism-devotees-killed-250-000-cows-to-celebrate-festival-id3713395.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2852739/Nepal-devotees-sacrifice-thousands-animals-Hindu-ritual.html

If that is a ritual, then it must be happening every year. That means, there should be earthquake every year in Nepal taking thousands of lives. But that is not the case, so why co-relating ritual to a natural calamity? Just to be clear, I do not support slaughter of cows and buffaloes.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
woodsandhillsplc

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 11:25:45 PM

That is incredibly saddening to see. Especially when you consider how much earth resources cows take up, to waste them like that is unthinkable.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:22:34 AM

It might not be a coincidence that the people who are trying to spread this story are the same people who shipped in a few hundred thousands bibles to Nepal, instead of food and aid on the aftermath of the earthquake. Animal sacrifices happen in almost all the religions. Ever heard about Eid al-Adha? Just because someone believes in a pedophile religion, he doesn't have the right to criticize another 5,000 year old religion.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 04:33:23 AM

Source:

LOL. Did it worked in an opposite direction for them? Like a punishment from god for killing all those animals? They should have just sell all those cows and invested money in a system that predict earthquakes =)

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:03:57 PM

I think that we should respect their beliefs, even if we don't fully understand it.
It's their tradition and culture, and who we are to judge it?
How much turkey we kill and eat in America for Thanksgiving day?
Isn't it the same thing?
It makes no sense to condemn the tradition of other nations while at the same time do something similar in our countries.
I hope no one is suggesting here that these two events are related.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 02:55:30 PM

I think that we should respect their beliefs, even if we don't fully understand it.
Isn't it the same thing?
It makes no sense to condemn the tradition of other nations while at the same time do something similar in our countries.

You didnt think this through. The need to survive is the same for all living beings. And we are forced to fill that need by devouring other live. (Before you might ask, yes, plants are alive too.)

Killing a mass of life for a belief is very different from that. Though it happened all the way in the human history.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 05:30:48 AM

What a disgusting display of selfishness, greed, and inhumane ideals.

Too bad the earthquake couldn't punish only these 200 men. What efforts are in place to protest an event like this? Killing 250,000 cows for the greed of 200 men is awful and should be an easy thing to disrupt via protest.

Let me know what's going on!

Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:37:32 AM

Isn't it the same thing?

What's to respect? They kill an atrocious amount of animals, they don't use the meat, they just let it lay their...such a waste. And their belief is that doing this will get THEM good luck and prosperity, so fucking greedy! It's not like they did this because it would be used to feed the starving or some other nobel cause.

They're as bad as the CEOs that spend millions upon millions of dollars on lavish parties for themselves.

Murdering jews was the culture of the Nazis, should we respect that because it was "their belief" that the Jews were to blame for all that was wrong in the world?

Thanksgiving is an awful example. One turkey killed to feed a family, it's not wasteful, it's not gluttonous, and it's not done in the spirt of greed but rather in the spirit of family and giving and sharing. These people killed 1,250 cows per person! It is not at all the same thing.

Don't be so naive. Think about all of this before you defend people.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:44:57 AM

Killing 250,000 cows for the greed of 200 men is awful and should be an easy thing to disrupt via protest.

It is their culture, and foreigners don't have any right to demand that they should abandon their age old rituals and customs. Nepal is a deeply religious nation, and if you go there for a protest, then most probably you will be thrown inside some rotten and crowded prison cell, where you'll spend the rest of your life. May be Westerners should learn to respect others cultural norms and traditions. If not, incidents such as this one can happen:

http://forumforhinduawakening.org/dharma/news/2013/11/27/indonesia-christian-woman-bali-sentenced-14-months-prison-insulting-hinduism/
JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:05:29 AM

Isn't it the same thing?

You didnt think this through. The need to survive is the same for all living beings. And we are forced to fill that need by devouring other live. (Before you might ask, yes, plants are alive too.)

Killing a mass of life for a belief is very different from that. Though it happened all the way in the human history.

We humans have the most developed brain & organs. Why do we need to kill animals just to eat We breed them so that we can eat them. What is the difference between other animals and us who eat meat? We have abundant source of natural resources to fulfill our needs.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 09:26:35 AM

May be Westerners should learn to respect others cultural norms and traditions. If not, incidents such as this one can happen:

Oh right. Lets look away when other cultures cut away the clitoris of little girls, together with their lapia and later sew the rest together so that the husband has to open her with a knife in the first night after wedding.

Maybe lets even look away when ISIS is cutting off heads because its part of their religious belief.

Im not sure why you think we have to respect every and all ill things that are done in the name of religions. We are humans and we have the right and the obligation to stand up against inhuman things happening.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 09:33:50 AM

We humans have the most developed brain & organs. Why do we need to kill animals just to eat We breed them so that we can eat them. What is the difference between other animals and us who eat meat? We have abundant source of natural resources to fulfill our needs.

I knew this will come up. Though let me say it this way. When you show me how the cows stop eating away the living lifeform grass then i might consider stopping eating the cows.

Truth is that every human only survives when it devours other life. Only because some humans think they are better because they only devour life that doesnt have a face, doesnt make this truth less valid.

And claiming that humans can chose to only eat their "smallest brothers and sisters", what kind of attitude is that? We arent made for vegetarian only nutrition. Our organs show this. Of course one might chose a diet of only vegetarian source, though thats up to him. Others might not want this because of the risks and because its hypocritical to claim that one is a better human when he only eats the life that cant fight back at all.

Damn, i knew this would turn out to be this discussion again. But truth is and remains... humans only survive when devouring other life. Blame god or whatever, but its the truth. And humans have to deal with it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: